Tatum on the trading block???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
    I like Bell but I think he is easily replacable. I dont think he is the every down back we usually have.
    i agree.. but i would rather have a running back, like T.D had the speed to break thouse 40-50 yard runs.. but AVG. 5.1 yards per carry.. I dont think Bell can get the tough yards!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tpoz34
      i agree.. but i would rather have a running back, like T.D had the speed to break thouse 40-50 yard runs.. but AVG. 5.1 yards per carry.. I dont think Bell can get the tough yards!!!
      I am not a scout but it seems that Tatum's pad level is to high at the line of scrimage. He doesnt seem to get low enough. He also seems to lack explosive power. However he does have explosive speed.

Comment

I dont see us using a first round pick on any running back regardless of who it is. Do you think Shanny would draft Bush if we had the number one pick? I dont think so. What do you think?
        If Shanahan thought he was the right guy I think he would draft a running back in the first round. I know he never has but there is always a first time. Shanahan had never drafted an offensive lineman in the first round until he drafted George Foster, so the possibility exsists. However, I don't think there is very high probablity of it happening this year.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
          If Shanahan thought he was the right guy I think he would draft a running back in the first round. I know he never has but there is always a first time. Shanahan had never drafted an offensive lineman in the first round until he drafted George Foster, so the possibility exsists. However, I don't think there is very high probablity of it happening this year.
          I would be disappointed if Shanny picked this year to go after a rb in the first round. I think he has several directions he could go in. If it did come to pass that he drafted White then I'd be happy to have him. Although I would think he could get the same production out of someone drafted in any of the lower rounds. To some degree I think Bell has let Shanny down.

Comment

Originally posted by tpoz34
            I agree. I didn't like the way bell took a hit he didn't try to push through it for extra yards like MA. And isn't this going to be a good year for second round rb's. Who knows maybe we'll get a TD type player HERES TO HOPING

"Little Pads. Big Hits. Huge heart." - tnedator

This play is the reason I'm a DENVER BRONCOS fan

Comment

I will restate what has been said by many and even in this post, it doesn't matter who you put in the backfield. I will also say that I think Dayne can carry the load next year.

SIG BY Snk 16

I adopted #50 Ben Hamilton. GO O-LINE.

Comment

Bell is not going anywhere. This should be in the rumor section. All this is is the Denver Posts opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by portis26hb
                  Bell is not going anywhere. This should be in the rumor section. All this is is the Denver Posts opinion.
                  I doubt Bell will bring us anything of real value in a trade. I agree this is no more than a rumor. It doesnt matter to me what section they post this rumor in though.

Comment

I think they will Keep Bell and Dayne, then they will Draft Laurance Maroney in the first round, Going into camp with Bell, Dayne, Maroney and Cedric Cobb(from the practice squad) Shanny will let these four battle it out for the starting job. There is an outside chance that Jamal Lewis could be signed but i dont think there is any chance at all that E.James shows up in denver, i think he is on his way to miami or Jacksonville.
                    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
                      I think they will Keep Bell and Dayne, then they will Draft Laurance Maroney in the first round, Going into camp with Bell, Dayne, Maroney and Cedric Cobb(from the practice squad) Shanny will let these four battle it out for the starting job. There is an outside chance that Jamal Lewis could be signed but i dont think there is any chance at all that E.James shows up in denver, i think he is on his way to miami or Jacksonville.
                      I dont see Shanny drafted a back in the first round. I dont think Shanny will ever draft a back that early, simply because he succeeds with whom ever is running the rock. I also doubt he brings in a top flight free agent. Though I think any of the backs you mentioned will be highly successful. The thing is the running game will be a success as long as Shanny is the coach.

Comment

I dont see Shanny drafted a back in the first round. I dont think Shanny will ever draft a back that early, simply because he succeeds with whom ever is running the rock. I also doubt he brings in a top flight free agent. Though I think any of the backs you mentioned will be highly successful. The thing is the running game will be a success as long as Shanny is the coach.
                        I agree with you but if somehow White falls to you guys at the #22 pick i very highly doubt even Shanny could pass on that.

If they keep Bell they shouldn't draft a RB till the later rounds.....maybe get the other Bell....

If they ship Bell out and Lendale doesnt fall they should look to Calhoun, Addai, or Bell sometime in the draft.....
                        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

While this scenario is certainly a possibility, I have a major problem with the article. From the way it as written, this could have been passed for a Joe Schmoe poster on this site, because it appears unsubstantiated. Because Williamson is a reporter we should take his word as golden? In no place in that article does he confirm a source for his findings, but purely speculates on a situation. If he had a source and wanted to protect it, that's fine, at least state somewhere that this report is corroborated with another person familiar with the situation? How are we to assume this isn't Williamson simply speculating? You can't. Basically, you cannot determine form this article as to whether or not this is just an opinion piece. Recently, Williamson has put too much opinion in his beat stories for my liking. His article on the cuts tilted too heavily towards the players instead of the teams, even stating that this team is now way worse off. I don't read Williamso for his opinion, I read him because he is supposed to be the beat writer. This looks like poor journalism to me.

That said, Bell may very well be on his way out, but I believe we are a long ways away from deciding this. Cobbs and Dayne are not nearly enough reason to drop Bell. That sounds like arrogance to me. As for taking a first round tailback, are we planning on letting wide receiver or defensive line further rot away? Too many things must happen before any of this could become a reality.

Thumbs down to you Bill, you're better than this...

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
                            And miami would get james why? They already have a very promising rookie(or rather second year player now) that plays RB now in R. Brown(i think thats his name, i dont keep up with them to well).

Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member 1

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam

I would not be heartbroken if tater got traded away,

I would be
                              sigpic

Comment

We should give Bell another year to prove himself. He said when he was drafted that he wanted to be a household name for Denver fans. The only team I can see trading for him is Dallas, his home town.

Im a Bell fan and think that Ron Dayne + Bell would be a great duo this year, with us drafting a 3rd rounder to develop.

Comment

Working...
                                X