Tatum on the trading block???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fl_playa101
    And miami would get james why? They already have a very promising rookie(or rather second year player now) that plays RB now in R. Brown(i think thats his name, i dont keep up with them to well).

exactly.

why would Miami take a RB #2 and then get another pricey back when Ronnie Brown had a pretty good season?

I do agree with the Jacksonville part though....they should look into getting a good back.
    sigpic

Comment

Tatum Bell is nothing special.....Mike Shanahan wants a feature back, and Tatum Bell isn't cut out to be a feature back just yet.......so I'm guessing we will either trade him or use him to spell our starter next year.....

He is taking too long to develope in our offense.

Comment

Originally posted by RoorRipper
        We should give Bell another year to prove himself. He said when he was drafted that he wanted to be a household name for Denver fans. The only team I can see trading for him is Dallas, his home town.

Im a Bell fan and think that Ron Dayne + Bell would be a great duo this year, with us drafting a 3rd rounder to develop.

exactly how I feel.

CP to you.

I'm all for drafting another RB....but not trading Bell away. I want to look into Calhoun or Whitehead in the draft.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84

He is taking too long to develope in our offense.
          is that a rule or something? a RB has to be developed in our offense after a year?

I know thats what we are all used to....but what if giving Tatum alittle more time to develop pays off?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492889

he had 921 yards from 173 attempts and averaged 5.3 yards in each of his 2 seasons....and he was just a change-of-pace back this last year.

imagine if he bulks up more, gets stronger, and works on his blocking.....certainly those things arent impossible to do? he's just got to work harder than he has this offseason.
          Last edited by Skywalker; 03-05-2006, 11:06 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Tatum Bell is fast but it comes at a price...he is small and fragile by nfl running back standards. he could become a liability in the future if he gets his bell rung. I like the guy as a player but i wouldnt mind a big fast feature back instead of tatum. Besides tatum is at his best when he gets less carries, we want a guy that can carry the ball more and be twice as effective.

Comment

Originally posted by TDforTatum26
              exactly how I feel.

CP to you.

I'm all for drafting another RB....but not trading Bell away. I want to look into Calhoun or Whitehead in the draft.
              I like the combination of ron dayne and tatum bell also, i dont want to see him traded give the guy a few more years and see what happens

Comment

Not out of the realm of possibility. I'm sure there are some teams out there that think Bell could be a starting back for them. And Tatum's trade value is pretty good right now. Might be a time for the Broncos to strike the iron while it's hot.
                sigpic

Comment

not tatum.

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                    While this scenario is certainly a possibility, I have a major problem with the article. From the way it as written, this could have been passed for a Joe Schmoe poster on this site, because it appears unsubstantiated. Because Williamson is a reporter we should take his word as golden? In no place in that article does he confirm a source for his findings, but purely speculates on a situation. If he had a source and wanted to protect it, that's fine, at least state somewhere that this report is corroborated with another person familiar with the situation? How are we to assume this isn't Williamson simply speculating? You can't. Basically, you cannot determine form this article as to whether or not this is just an opinion piece. Recently, Williamson has put too much opinion in his beat stories for my liking. His article on the cuts tilted too heavily towards the players instead of the teams, even stating that this team is now way worse off. I don't read Williamso for his opinion, I read him because he is supposed to be the beat writer. This looks like poor journalism to me.

That said, Bell may very well be on his way out, but I believe we are a long ways away from deciding this. Cobbs and Dayne are not nearly enough reason to drop Bell. That sounds like arrogance to me. As for taking a first round tailback, are we planning on letting wide receiver or defensive line further rot away? Too many things must happen before any of this could become a reality.

Thumbs down to you Bill, you're better than this...

i think you are bang on here ohno. the piece reads as nothing more than speculation, which is fine for a message board but a little weak for a beat reporter, imo.

but even if there was some substance to the article, what kind of trade value would bell have? with the amount of quality backs available through the draft or FA, i doubt you would even a first day pick back for bell. i dont think that is very good value for our homerun hitter.
                    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by vtec rider
                      Tatum Bell is fast but it comes at a price...he is small and fragile by nfl running back standards. he could become a liability in the future if he gets his bell rung. I like the guy as a player but i wouldnt mind a big fast feature back instead of tatum. Besides tatum is at his best when he gets less carries, we want a guy that can carry the ball more and be twice as effective.
                      http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492889

5'11 and 213 lbs. is a small back?

like I said if he just bulks up more,gets stronger he probally will be able to handle more carries.
                      sigpic

Comment

imagine if he bulks up more, gets stronger, and works on his blocking.....certainly those things arent impossible to do? he's just got to work harder than he has this offseason....
                        Finally someone talking some sense.

If shannahan drafts a RB in the first round after the way the defense played against Pitt, then he should be fired.

Comment

Or...

...what if Tatum is now ready to take over as feature back and Dayne sitting behind him to get the first down on third and short like Bettis did? Look at the stats of 04 vs 05 and you'll see that Bell maintains his yards per but carries more. What if Shanahan was just prepping him slowly to become the feature back. If Mike Anderson didn't have the yards he had and the attempts he had, maybe Bell would have had more yards and this first two years was just preparation. Not all players are feature at their position for the first few years and all of a sudden they are impact because of the amount of time spent is a system, reps given, et. I hope we keep him.
                          Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

Comment

Originally posted by KS-BroncoGirl
                            ...what if Tatum is now ready to take over as feature back and Dayne sitting behind him to get the first down on third and short like Bettis did? Look at the stats of 04 vs 05 and you'll see that Bell maintains his yards per but carries more. What if Shanahan was just prepping him slowly to become the feature back. If Mike Anderson didn't have the yards he had and the attempts he had, maybe Bell would have had more yards and this first two years was just preparation. Not all players are feature at their position for the first few years and all of a sudden they are impact because of the amount of time spent is a system, reps given, et. I hope we keep him.

everyone was/is expecting him to do as well as eveyone other RB before him right away like we are used to....but who knows? maybe giving him extra time to get better will pay off...(which I think it will)
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree with Broncofan303. It doesn't matter who we put back in the RB spot. We will always produce....

I just hope we keep producing.

Comment

That article is totally bogus. Shanny is not a stupid person. He sees that Alexander, Lewis and James are available in FA. Tatum would not get any trade value when guys like that are available in FA. Tatum wouldn't even draw in a 1st day pick. The highest any team would give for him knowing the names that are FA, is a 5th. Is a 2nd day pick really worth trading Tatum away and handing over the reigns to an unproven rookie?

LenDale will never fall to us. He is almost guarenteed to be a Cardinal or Raven. Many reports say that Maroney is #1 on the Vikings draft board. Take it for what it's worth.
                                Last edited by West; 03-05-2006, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X