Tatum on the trading block???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fl_playa101
    And miami would get james why? They already have a very promising rookie(or rather second year player now) that plays RB now in R. Brown(i think thats his name, i dont keep up with them to well).
    I mentioned miami because James wants to play in florida, if a player wants it bad enough then it usually isnt very hard to get him signed, and your right miami does have a good young back, but they dont have much on the depth chart at the running back position except Brown, But i think jacksonville may want james more then the phins since Taylor is always hurt year after year.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
      I mentioned miami because James wants to play in florida, if a player wants it bad enough then it usually isnt very hard to get him signed, and your right miami does have a good young back, but they dont have much on the depth chart at the running back position except Brown, But i think jacksonville may want james more then the phins since Taylor is always hurt year after year.
      No way Miami wastes money on James with Ronnie Brown as their starter. If he wants to go to Florida, it will be as a Jacksonville Jaguar.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
        I dont see Shanny drafted a back in the first round. I dont think Shanny will ever draft a back that early, simply because he succeeds with whom ever is running the rock. I also doubt he brings in a top flight free agent. Though I think any of the backs you mentioned will be highly successful. The thing is the running game will be a success as long as Shanny is the coach.
        Normally i would agree that shanny wont use a pick on a runner in the first round, but he is very high on Maroney and the other team that wants Maroney are the colts and i think if shanny doesnt pick him with the 22nd pick then Indy will pounce on him a few picks later, but it may all be null and void because i have a feeling Indy will trade up ahead of denver and get Maroney since James isnt comming back to the colts, Maroney played in a zone blocking system in college and he has wr hands out of the backfield, he is a perfect fit for denver, if the colts get him first then i agree the 22nd pick will not go on a running back.
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
          I would be disappointed if Shanny picked this year to go after a rb in the first round. I think he has several directions he could go in. If it did come to pass that he drafted White then I'd be happy to have him. Although I would think he could get the same production out of someone drafted in any of the lower rounds. To some degree I think Bell has let Shanny down.
          I can't argue with that. This my thought as well if for some reason White were to fall that far then yes I wouldn't mind drafting him with the number 22 pick. But isn't he considered a top 10-15 pick? Or has something happened that might effect his draft status?
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
            i think you are bang on here ohno. the piece reads as nothing more than speculation, which is fine for a message board but a little weak for a beat reporter, imo.

but even if there was some substance to the article, what kind of trade value would bell have? with the amount of quality backs available through the draft or FA, i doubt you would even a first day pick back for bell. i dont think that is very good value for our homerun hitter.
            Yes, the article appears to be pretty shaky. Whether or not Bell wins the starting job this year (yes, he has a legitimate chance), he is ideal to pair with Ron Dayne. His trade value likely would be a 5th rd. pick or so....maybe a later pick than that. Dayne/Bell and a draft pick would form another great backfield. Bell didn't miss 1000 yards rushing by much last year....and still isn't being utilized in the passing game. I also vote we don't trade our talented....and low-salaried young TB.
            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by portis26hb
              Bell is not going anywhere. This should be in the rumor section. All this is is the Denver Posts opinion.
              This coming from someone's who's screen name is Portis... I thought that quite funny.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                This coming from someone's who's screen name is Portis... I thought that quite funny.
                LOL kinda ironic isn't it

I doubt Bell will be dealt still, but he could be
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                  I can't argue with that. This my thought as well if for some reason White were to fall that far then yes I wouldn't mind drafting him with the number 22 pick. But isn't he considered a top 10-15 pick? Or has something happened that might effect his draft status?
                  LenDale has done nothing to lose draft status. Posters like to wishful think(why waste your wishes on LenDale White is beyond me) about players that they want to fall. It never happens. LenDale will never be there 22, hell he'll never be there at 15.

Comment

I expect the Broncos to make a run at Jamal Lewis. He is the perfect back for this system and has that pounding ability that we currently lack.
                    A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

if anyone decides to trade bell they should be drug tested!!!
                      thank god its football season again

broncos and yankees--champions go together

Comment

Heres Some More Info!

Tatum Bell Traded by Denver?
                        Posted by Chris Pokorny on 03-5-06

• Printer Friendly Version
                        • Send E-Mail to Author
                        The Denver Broncos could be looking into trading running back Tatum Bell, which would eliminate the dangerous one-two punch that the team used this past season. If the trade occurs, it should occur sometime before the NFL draft.

The Broncos released veteran running back Mike Anderson a few days ago to clear some space in the salary cap. That doesn't mean that Anderson won't re-negotiate a deal with the team somewhere down the line though. The Broncos did not re-sign Ron Dayne yet, so if they trade Bell, they will have eliminated their top three running backs from last year.

The Broncos could be seeking a running back in free agency or the draft. There are several big names like Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, and Jamal Lewis that could be available, however it seems like almost any running back can perform well in Denver's system. Although the rumor isn't very strong that the team will trade Bell, there is speculation. If the Broncos keep him as their featured back next season, they'll have to hope he remains healthy. Otherwise, they'll have to hope they find another back that works in their system during the season.
                        -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
                          I expect the Broncos to make a run at Jamal Lewis. He is the perfect back for this system and has that pounding ability that we currently lack.
                          yup just put a pile of drugs in the opponents end zone and he will break an 80 yarder every touch, sign him up

Comment

Originally posted by TDforTatum26
                            I would be
                            I like how you're a Texas fan but your favorite player is an OSU Cowboy... Is there something wrong with this picture -- or is it just me?

By the way, this is more than a rumor:
                            http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...wire&type=lgns
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                              I like how you're a Texas fan but your favorite player is an OSU Cowboy... Is there something wrong with this picture -- or is it just me?

no

just like how I dont hate the Chargers as much as the Chiefs or Raiders...its the same with OSU....
                              Last edited by Skywalker; 03-05-2006, 08:00 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7

How is this link any more substantiated? He refers to Williamson's article, and Williamson didn't use a source! So how is this any more than a rumor?!

If Bell is on the trading block, fine. But the way the Post article is written, it doesn't look like anyone told Williamson this...

Comment

Working...
                                X