X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gerard warren will not be resigned

he wont be, my friend just heard it on nfl network

Relax

Warren's agent had stated that they might wait and see what his worth would be in free-agency. Warren stated that he wanted to stay and his family (father) claimed that Warren hadn't been happier than in Denver. Hopefully, with the second delay on the CBA they will get him signed anyway.

Comment

Well my mother's, sister's, brother's, uncle's friend (Cecil) said that he was already signed, and that he will spend the rest of his career playing for the Broncos.

The kicker is... he said he would do it simply for free room and board! Oh yeah and Pinto so that he can get from his u-haul box/home to the stadium on game days.

*On edit ~ There sure are lots of people with friends who have NFLN today...
      Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 03-05-2006, 08:18 PM.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam

yeah what the heck is up with that?
        sigpic

Comment

This could be the first sign of things to come.

Warren knows that teams will be making cuts to pare down to the cap. Possibly great players will be getting axed because of their salary.

This means the teams will be looking for a replacement, and a new contract could be worked out that is more cap friendly. Plus, I'm sure alot of players would rather play on a one-year deal, so next year they can go for broke under no cap ceilings.

.....just more greed.

I was hoping Warren wasn't one of THEM.
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Not another one
            sigpic

Comment

Geez thats odd! I have been watching the NFL network all night Warrens name has not been brought up. If the CBA continues the way it is Warren will have little bargaining power in a flooded market. I agree that he will likely sign a 1 yearl deal.

Comment

Well, the knock on Warren seems to be that he gets the money and he becomes lazy.

A one year deal may not be so bad, maybe it'll mean he'll play his butt off for us.
                You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO
                  Geez thats odd! I have been watching the NFL network all night Warrens name has not been brought up. If the CBA continues the way it is Warren will have little bargaining power in a flooded market. I agree that he will likely sign a 1 yearl deal.
                  You know it's the offseason and there's nothing to talk about when people start threads about not resigning our key players... God I love the offseason!(Not)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                    Well my mother's, sister's, brother's, uncle's friend (Cecil) said that he was already signed, and that he will spend the rest of his career playing for the Broncos.

The kicker is... he said he would do it simply for free room and board! Oh yeah and Pinto so that he can get from his u-haul box/home to the stadium on game days.

LMAO!! oH AND BY THE WAY, my friends uncles, nephews, cousins, sisters dog just heard on nfln that Elway and Davis are coming out of retirement to play with the Broncos again!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ORANGE&BLUETRUE
                      LMAO!! oH AND BY THE WAY, my friends uncles, nephews, cousins, sisters dog just heard on nfln that Elway and Davis are coming out of retirement to play with the Broncos again!!!!!
                      You forgot one key part. They found the fountain of youth and are back to their primes.
                      Smith's First Catch
                      "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

There's bound to be more than one person watching the NFL Network? Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak

Warren knows that teams will be making cuts to pare down to the cap. Possibly great players will be getting axed because of their salary.

This means the teams will be looking for a replacement, and a new contract could be worked out that is more cap friendly. Plus, I'm sure alot of players would rather play on a one-year deal, so next year they can go for broke under no cap ceilings.

.....just more greed.

If that is the case, he is getting bad advice.

I've heard Matt birk strongly hint at this, while some reporters flat out state: a no cap year is BAD for the players.

For starters, only certain teams will be allowed to resign their players, besed on the team's performance. After that, a team can only sign a free agent if one of their free agents is signed by another team. This is hardly a free for all, and there will be nothing to stop owners from driving the price down on players. Guys like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder will not be able to throw money away at the top players unless other teams take there players.

From what I take from it, players are not at an advantage in this system. Sure, the superstar will be overpayed, but the workhorse, grinder, reserve type will get even lower money because there will be little competition for his services. Who's to stop a team like Arizona taking a non-competitive stance and sign players below the minimum who just want to play? The players, as a whole, will be damaged by an uncapped year.

Comment

Originally posted by cdawg1001
                            he wont be, my friend just heard it on nfl network
                            ask your friend who we're gonna draft this year, 'cause curiosity is just killin' me. . .
                            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak

.....just more greed.

you were hoping that a guy nick-named "big money" isn't a greed-head? oops, sorry!!
                              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Working...
                              X