gerard warren will not be resigned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WABronco
    There's bound to be more than one person watching the NFL Network? Can anyone confirm?

I watched the NFL network all night and did not see any mention of Warren not resigning with us.
    sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24
      I watched the NFL network all night and did not see any mention of Warren not resigning with us.
      Figures......

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
        If that is the case, he is getting bad advice.

I've heard Matt birk strongly hint at this, while some reporters flat out state: a no cap year is BAD for the players.

For starters, only certain teams will be allowed to resign their players, besed on the team's performance. After that, a team can only sign a free agent if one of their free agents is signed by another team. This is hardly a free for all, and there will be nothing to stop owners from driving the price down on players. Guys like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder will not be able to throw money away at the top players unless other teams take there players.

From what I take from it, players are not at an advantage in this system. Sure, the superstar will be overpayed, but the workhorse, grinder, reserve type will get even lower money because there will be little competition for his services. Who's to stop a team like Arizona taking a non-competitive stance and sign players below the minimum who just want to play? The players, as a whole, will be damaged by an uncapped year.
        That's not exactly true, about teams not being able to sign free agents. I believe that only applies to like the final four teams in the playoffs. However, the other teams that didn't make the playoffs are free to sign whoever they want.
        "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
          That's not exactly true, about teams not being able to sign free agents. I believe that only applies to like the final four teams in the playoffs. However, the other teams that didn't make the playoffs are free to sign whoever they want.
          "based on the team's performance."

Comment

Chant it with me......OVERATED

Comment

Gerard Warren is not overrated. He is very very underrated by almost anyone who isn't a broncos fan. why do you think they call him, courtney, myers, ekuban busts??? It's not because people think they played well. He finally showed that he is a beast last year. He likes it in Denver and I think that he will stay. I want him to stay. He was a force last year. Go back and look at all the pressure he caused last year. He was amazing. I hope we see Big Money or Big Country whatever you want to call him, back in a broncos uni.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBrOnCoS16
                Chant it with me......OVERATED

I find it some what Ironic that you call Warren overrated with a sig of Tatum Bell
                sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                  If that is the case, he is getting bad advice.

I've heard Matt birk strongly hint at this, while some reporters flat out state: a no cap year is BAD for the players.

For starters, only certain teams will be allowed to resign their players, besed on the team's performance. After that, a team can only sign a free agent if one of their free agents is signed by another team. This is hardly a free for all, and there will be nothing to stop owners from driving the price down on players. Guys like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder will not be able to throw money away at the top players unless other teams take there players.

From what I take from it, players are not at an advantage in this system. Sure, the superstar will be overpayed, but the workhorse, grinder, reserve type will get even lower money because there will be little competition for his services. Who's to stop a team like Arizona taking a non-competitive stance and sign players below the minimum who just want to play? The players, as a whole, will be damaged by an uncapped year.

From what I have read and from the posts on this board it sure sounded like that its the player would be getting the worse end of the deal. It really doesn't make sense to me why the NFLPA would want to cut off their nose to spite their face.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by ORANGE&BLUETRUE
                    LMAO!! oH AND BY THE WAY, my friends uncles, nephews, cousins, sisters dog just heard on nfln that Elway and Davis are coming out of retirement to play with the Broncos again!!!!!

You can't forget Randy Gradishar, Dennis Smith, Steve Atwater and
                    Sammy Winder.

BTW good one!
                    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by Italianmobstr7
                      Gerard Warren is not overrated. He is very very underrated by almost anyone who isn't a broncos fan. why do you think they call him, courtney, myers, ekuban busts??? It's not because people think they played well. He finally showed that he is a beast last year. He likes it in Denver and I think that he will stay. I want him to stay. He was a force last year. Go back and look at all the pressure he caused last year. He was amazing. I hope we see Big Money or Big Country whatever you want to call him, back in a broncos uni.
                      What games were you watching? Warren was a "force" "he was a beast last year"?

WTF?

The man had 19 tackles and 3 sacks! There were 170 defensive linemen in the NFL with more tackles this year! LINK

By comparison, Cleveland's Orpheus Roye led the league with 88 and Michael Strahan had 81 to go with his 11.5 sacks. Meanwhile Montae Regor, whom the Broncos drafted and then cut had 36 tackles and 5.5 sacks for Indy. He had a much better year than Warren despite being about the 100th best DL in the league!

Newsflash! 19 tackles in 16 games is pitiful! Not good at all. Very bad in fact.

YOu can blather about the system all you want, but Gerrard Warren had a very mediocre year at best. He certainly doesn't deserve a big raise!

Teams around the league are going to look at that performance and take a pass on signing Gerrard. He'll then be faced with the prospect of either taking what he can get elsewhere -- which won't be much, or re-signing with the Broncos for a more reasonable salary!
                      Last edited by Cugel; 03-06-2006, 04:00 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        From what I have read and from the posts on this board it sure sounded like that its the player would be getting the worse end of the deal. It really doesn't make sense to me why the NFLPA would want to cut off their nose to spite their face.
                        If the can force the issuse. The Union decertifies and the NFL losses their antitrust exemption and the college draft goes away. The best players can go where ever they want where the most money is. Then of course they vote to start the union with the NLRB and they get the best of both worlds:

Control of their destiny and unionization with almost no controls placed on the teams. The man with the most money wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                          What games were you watching? Warren was a "force" "he was a beast last year"?

WTF?

The man had 19 tackles and 3 sacks! There were 170 defensive linemen in the NFL with more tackles this year! LINK

By comparison, Cleveland's Orpheus Roye led the league with 88 and Michael Strahan had 81 to go with his 11.5 sacks. Meanwhile Montae Regor, whom the Broncos drafted and then cut had 36 tackles and 5.5 sacks for Indy. He had a much better year than Warren despite being about the 100th best DL in the league!

Newsflash! 19 tackles in 16 games is pitiful! Not good at all. Very bad in fact.

YOu can blather about the system all you want, but Gerrard Warren had a very mediocre year at best. He certainly doesn't deserve a big raise!

Teams around the league are going to look at that performance and take a pass on signing Gerrard. He'll then be faced with the prospect of either taking what he can get elsewhere -- which won't be much, or re-signing with the Broncos for a more reasonable salary!
                          Sam Adams on the list with 19 tackle also and he was CUT.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                            Sam Adams on the list with 19 tackle also and he was CUT.

Adams was injured and then benched for attitude problems in Buffalo for half of the season. He was mad the team did not resign Pat Williams, his best friend, and basically pulled a T.O. on the team.

He put up the numbers Warren did in half the games. He was cut for his effort and attitude though, not because he's a poor player.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                              Adams was injured and then benched for attitude problems in Buffalo for half of the season. He was mad the team did not resign Pat Williams, his best friend, and basically pulled a T.O. on the team.

He put up the numbers Warren did in half the games. He was cut for his effort and attitude though, not because he's a poor player.

Sounds like the same thing to me.

Comment

stats shmats. who cares what warren's numbers were like. he is the first tackle we have had since pryce was putting up double-digit sacks that has required a double team every play. his getting double teamed is why we got so much more pressure this year than the last couple. i know we didnt get many sacks, but that is because the people who are supposed to get to the qb did not have the closing speed necessary. but our dramatic increase in turnovers created is a direct result of this added pressure. i mean we have two rookies corners playing regularily, and yet our turnovers go up. warren played a big part in this, stats or no stats.

so other tackles got more tackles. who cares. kenoy kennedy had more total tackles than anyone on our team. does anyone think we made a mistake getting rid or him? gold is our top tackle man with 90 total tackles, good for 51 in the league. if our top guy is not even in the top 50, why would you expect our tackle, who plays a two-gap tie up as many blockers as possible game, to have impressive numbers. al wilson, who was named an all-pro, isnt even in the top 100 in total tackles. our TOP was tops in the league, meaning our defense didnt spend alot of time on the field, meaning less stats to be had by everyone.

i cant believe the amount of people that have forgotten what it was like two seasons ago when we got no push up the middle. when our tackles were EASILY handled by one man, leaving the guard or center to pick up lynch on the blitz. why did lynch get 4 sacks this year and a lot more pressure? because warren was tying up the interior blockers giving john an alley to the qb.

im not saying warren deserves marcus stroud money or that he was the best tackle in the league. but he did what his coaches needed him to do, and he did it well. i for one do not want to go back to having tackles that get driven backwards by a center, allowing the qb all day to step up in the pocket. warren did a good job of pushing the pocket back, we just had no speed coming off the corner to take advantage. give the stats a break all ready.
                                "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Working...
                                X