Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tatum Bell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I would like to see Tatum start. He has incredible speed to break outside the tackles and take one for 6. I think we should do what we did last year and rotate, depending on the situations. Tatum could be great, but he needs to learn some things. Like one of the previous posters said, he seems to lack the desire. Hopefully he keeps his words and puts on some muscle in the offseason because he needs to learn how block more effectively than he has been. Its still too early to say that he should start because what happens if he isnt even on the roster? Anything is still possible and can happen, I just hope its good news for us when it comes down to it.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by P-NUT33
      I think Tatum Bell next year can be our starting HB. I think if he never missed those 2 games due to injury he would have had 1,000 yards.He got the speed,power,and cuts. He just don't have the patience and intelligence, he always get stuck or went through the wrong hole. I think he got what it takes to be our next 1,000 yard rusher just need more pratice.
      Well, he was on a big roll before that injury, the injury seemed to sap all his energy out of him, maybe he just needs more confidence to keep rolling along , iv seen runners who are head cases before, they get a good game and they take off, then all the sudden they get a injury, miss a game or two and they seem like they lose it.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by topscribe
        Sarcasm aside, there are still several question marks about Tater. He needs to prove himself as a receiver, and he must make a dramatic improvement in blocking. He can run it, yes, but that is only a part of the job on a Denver Broncos squad.

        -----
        Remember TOP that as long as he is a high number in Madden, all is well.

        The kiddies will rant and rave about the slightest things.

        1000 yard season whoopeee. that is 62.5 yards a game. BDD behind our line mikey the mope could do that.

        1500 yard season is 93.75 yards a game. more like what the goals should be.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Jrhampton
          He was gonna do this last year also. Bulk up a bit to better handle the longer NFL season. Did it do any good? He looked bigger to me.

          Not that I saw, he had more yards but Mikey would not let him touch the ball more than 12-15 times a game. He still had nothing left in the tank at the end of the year. He almost broke the 1000 yard mark with far less carries. If he would of had more he would of been the team rush leader. He also missed two games as you said in a previous post.
          If he puts on the weight what happens to the "speed"? Adding 10% to his size most likely means slower. Yes that would make him a tad slower, but now when hes running at full speed, he'll have more moving mass to plow defenders over.I have yet to see this kid live up to the hype he had two years ago, after being DAFTED. He has hardly played as much as he should of. With the playing time that he has had, I have seen him do some pretty nice things. He does some things pretty horribly as well.
          He has the talent yet like ashley has yet to have the dedication to work on it and produce on the field. Two speedsters that think they can survive on talent alone. I dont know if that exacty how they are thinking but I do think that they arent our number 1 guys for that position and therefore they get less catchs, rush yards, yards, touchdowns, etc etc. I think they did their jobs alright last year.
          What is the term NFL Not For Long. Time for them to grow up and earn their money.
          LOL I like that one, talking about the not for long part
          Last edited by vtec rider; 03-07-2006, 06:06 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by vtec rider
            I would like to see Tatum start. He has incredible speed to break outside the tackles and take one for 6. I think we should do what we did last year and rotate, depending on the situations. Tatum could be great, but he needs to learn some things. Like one of the previous posters said, he seems to lack the desire. Hopefully he keeps his words and puts on some muscle in the offseason because he needs to learn how block more effectively than he has been. Its still too early to say that he should start because what happens if he isnt even on the roster? Anything is still possible and can happen, I just hope its good news for us when it comes down to it.

            How long are you willing to give him to learn:

            How to hit the hole.

            How to pick up the blitz.

            How to shake off tacklers.

            Recieve the screen pass or over the middle dump.

            Once he has the pass be able to run with it.

            Take away his few long runs and his YPC is pathetic.

            All of the above items he should have been able to do out of college. How many more years of free passes does he get cause he has "SPEED"?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by vtec rider
              LOL I like that one, talking about the not for long part

              Cool it with the blue can't read the screen. PLEEEEASE..

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jrhampton
                How long are you willing to give him to learn:

                How to hit the hole.

                How to pick up the blitz.

                How to shake off tacklers.

                Recieve the screen pass or over the middle dump.

                Once he has the pass be able to run with it.

                Take away his few long runs and his YPC is pathetic.

                All of the above items he should have been able to do out of college. How many more years of free passes does he get cause he has "SPEED"?
                I dont know if he can ever learn that stuff, I wouldnt mind using tatum as a bargaining chip. I thought he did alright but if we traded him for someone that I thought was better and all of those things and then some, then im all for it.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Jrhampton
                  Cool it with the blue can't read the screen. PLEEEEASE..
                  That junk is hard to read, ill make red next time.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Jrhampton
                    Remember TOP that as long as he is a high number in Madden, all is well.

                    The kiddies will rant and rave about the slightest things.

                    1000 yard season whoopeee. that is 62.5 yards a game. BDD behind our line mikey the mope could do that.

                    1500 yard season is 93.75 yards a game. more like what the goals should be.
                    Ya got that right, i know i burn some ass online with the tosses to Bell, but that madden stuff means nothing, heck, lenny walls was almost impossible to pass on in Madden 2006 he actually used his great height and long arms to breakup passes, go figure.
                    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Lenny Walls is an animal on Madden. He intercepted 35 passes in 2008.



                      Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by vtec rider
                        I dont know if he can ever learn that stuff, I wouldnt mind using tatum as a bargaining chip. I thought he did alright but if we traded him for someone that I thought was better and all of those things and then some, then im all for it.
                        If he has not so far what makes you think that any other team would want him?

                        If the major names James, alexander last year had virtually no value 2 rounders at best . Tells me that the priority for RB's is not high.

                        Since almost anyone that is not on crutches can get a 1000 yards in DEN but he could not and has all the other negatives, tells me his trade value would be something like a minus 12 rounder.

                        I think the kid has a lot of talent but lacks desire or work ethic.

                        Would much rather have a "Q" type player that is an over achiever than an ashley or tator that just never quite gets it.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I am all for trading Bell....but I think Shanny knows he needs a back that knows the system.


                          Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

                          2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X