2006 Reg. Season Schedule.....Easy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Reg. Season Schedule.....Easy?

I have no clue if any one has poste the next years scheduale but here it is:

Home:

Kansas City
    Oakland
    San Diego
    Baltimore
    Cincinnati
    San Francisco
    Seattle
    Indianapolis

Away:

Kansas City
    Oakland
    San Diego
    Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    Arizona
    St. Louis
    New England

If you ask me the scheduale seems pretty dang easy except for the Hawks and Colts, but we are at home when we play them so I give us a W for those games. I feel that if Denver picks up a solid FA core we will have what it takes to beat all these teams and make it to a possible 1st round bye next year. I can alomst see Denver going un-defeated next year depending on FA and the Draft.

What do you guys think? WIll next year be an easy year for the Broncos to make a solid Super Bowl run?

Sorry if someone already posted this

Sig by Snk16...Thanks

I say grab T.O and while we are at it why not grab your-self a biscuit!?

My NFL 2005 Regualar Season Predictions Results: 158-100 or 63%

My NFL 2006 Playoff Predictions Results: 8-3

My 2006 Draft Wish List:

S. Holmes(DE)
    L. White(RB)
    J. Cutler(QB)

Get me just 2 of 3 of those and I will be happy

I don't see us undefeated, KC and Cinncinatti will probably beat us. And maybe I see an upset from the Faiders. Sorry I hate them as much as you but I just see us losing to them away.

Comment

I think we'll go undefeated at home and 6 and 2 on the road losing to KC and New England so total season 14 and 2

sig created by snk16, thanks man

R.I.P Darrent Williams AND Damien Nash

Comment

I don't think Indy, Pitt, or NE are or should be considered "easy" games. If we get KC on the road in Dec I think history shows that is anything but "easy."

The good news we are playing Indy at home.

The bad news we are playing Pitt and NE on the road.

With that said we are a "potential" SB team next year. But IMHO you have to see what the injury situation is on the contenders going into Nov, and weigh that against the strength of the remaining schedule.

This is not an exact science. Which is why I do not place bets on the NFL games.
        As the world changes rational people will change with it. Only the zealots, and fundamentalists resist change. God save us from them.

Comment

Hawks; Indy; Steelers; Rams; Pats... easy??? I'd say take off the rose-colored glasses, please.

Besides, we have a habit of losing to 'The Team Formerly Known as the Bungles' lately.

Anything can happen.

sigpic
          They're your teammates, now.
          Best of luck, TT!
          ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Our schedule isn't too bad because we get to play the NFC West next year. The AFC North also has some tough teams. The Bengals and Steelers are both good teams. And the Ravens still have a killer defense and it is not out of the question that they improve immensly next year. The Browns seem to also be heading in the right direction.

Couple that with the fact that our other division games are against Indy and New England and I think you are crazy to call our schedule easy.

The Broncos will always have a somewhat tough schedule by being in the AFC West. Couple that with the fact that they now have a first place schedule and I would not call our schedule easy. It isn't too bad because of the NFC West and I like our chances, but it isn't easy.

Besides that, I would expect the Chargers to improve immensly over this offseason. Either they will have plenty of cap space to go after some of the numerous vets left on the market if no CBA deal is done or they will have even more money to go after some players in the market by being so far under the cap. Couple that fact with the fact that they have some decent trading bait with Brees and Rivers and I could see them making our lives difficult. I mean, their biggest weakness is in their secondary and the corner market is deep. I've also heard rumors that they were thinking of trading for Ed Reed.

If they could improve their secondary, they could be dominant on defense. After all, their front seven were fantastic last year.
            My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
            . Post Your Artwork .
            . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by 7Nalder7Elway7
              I have no clue if any one has poste the next years scheduale but here it is:

Home:

Kansas City
              Oakland
              San Diego
              Baltimore
              Cincinnati
              San Francisco
              Seattle
              Indianapolis

Away:

Kansas City
              Oakland
              San Diego
              Cleveland
              Pittsburgh
              Arizona
              St. Louis
              New England

If you ask me the scheduale seems pretty dang easy except for the Hawks and Colts, but we are at home when we play them so I give us a W for those games. I feel that if Denver picks up a solid FA core we will have what it takes to beat all these teams and make it to a possible 1st round bye next year. I can alomst see Denver going un-defeated next year depending on FA and the Draft.

What do you guys think? WIll next year be an easy year for the Broncos to make a solid Super Bowl run?

Sorry if someone already posted this
              Easy? umm...life in the AFC West is rarely easy.

I'll make some rough, realistic...albeit premature predictions for next seasons schedule, dont hold me to them come August/September though.

Home ~ 7-1
              Away ~ 5-3
              Overall record ~ 12-4

Colts, Seahags & Bungles @ Invesco wont be easy, of course the Dolts and Chefs will put up a fight in Denver too, but I think we will come out with a near-spotless home record.

On the road is a different story...Arrowhead is never an easy place to play, and in Pittsburgh wont be easy either.

I think 11 to 12 wins next season is realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                Our schedule isn't too bad because we get to play the NFC West next year. The AFC North also has some tough teams. The Bengals and Steelers are both good teams. And the Ravens still have a killer defense and it is not out of the question that they improve immensly next year. The Browns seem to also be heading in the right direction.

Couple that with the fact that our other division games are against Indy and New England and I think you are crazy to call our schedule easy.

The Broncos will always have a somewhat tough schedule by being in the AFC West. Couple that with the fact that they now have a first place schedule and I would not call our schedule easy. It isn't too bad because of the NFC West and I like our chances, but it isn't easy.

Besides that, I would expect the Chargers to improve immensly over this offseason. Either they will have plenty of cap space to go after some of the numerous vets left on the market if no CBA deal is done or they will have even more money to go after some players in the market by being so far under the cap. Couple that fact with the fact that they have some decent trading bait with Brees and Rivers and I could see them making our lives difficult. I mean, their biggest weakness is in their secondary and the corner market is deep. I've also heard rumors that they were thinking of trading for Ed Reed.

If they could improve their secondary, they could be dominant on defense. After all, their front seven were fantastic last year.
                But SAN still has MAARTY as a coach/ they lost 4 home game last I think it was. until they get a real coach and maybe even settle on a QB I'm not to worried about them.

Possible could lose to PIT, CLE and KC on the road. Maybe even PHX as our Bungles game of two years ago proves.

NE we have always played close even in NE

Until I see who does what in FA and the draft I'll say 13-3 maybe 11-5 for now based on current talent.

Comment

Only wish saying it was as easy as doing it

Comment

Here's a conservative look:

Home:

Kansas City-W
                    Oakland-W
                    San Diego-W
                    Baltimore-W
                    Cincinnati-W
                    San Francisco-W
                    Seattle-L
                    Indianapolis-L

Away:

Kansas City-L
                    Oakland-W
                    San Diego-W
                    Cleveland-W
                    Pittsburgh-L
                    Arizona-W
                    St. Louis-W
                    New England-L

11-5 is a possibility IMO.

Comment

I like our chances with a James-less Indy. If you force an offense to become one dimensional, you are going to win. See the NFC Championship game.

New England can be won; we beat them twice this year, and, espically if the CBA gets signed, we can only get better this year.

I also like the our chances against Pittsburgh. I don't think Willie Parker can convert on 2nd/3rd and short. I also like our odds against a Pittsburgh reciever squad of basically Hines Ward and Cedrick Wilson. And its at Heinz Field so I could probably go see it.

Seattle could go either way. If they had lost Alexander I could deffinatly see a Denver win, but since he's staying it'll be different. Denver and Seattle are very similiar teams.

I'd like to see us play Kansas City with a healthy Secondary. One of the problems we faced against them the second time was that Green was able to take shots way downfield, and then Johnson would finish it off.

I don't see Carson Palmer coming back from that knee injury, and John Kitna is no threat, so I think Cincy is winnable.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkana7
                        I like our chances with a James-less Indy. If you force an offense to become one dimensional, you are going to win. See the NFC Championship game.

New England can be won; we beat them twice this year, and, espically if the CBA gets signed, we can only get better this year.

I also like the our chances against Pittsburgh. I don't think Willie Parker can convert on 2nd/3rd and short. I also like our odds against a Pittsburgh reciever squad of basically Hines Ward and Cedrick Wilson. And its at Heinz Field so I could probably go see it.

Seattle could go either way. If they had lost Alexander I could deffinatly see a Denver win, but since he's staying it'll be different. Denver and Seattle are very similiar teams.

I'd like to see us play Kansas City with a healthy Secondary. One of the problems we faced against them the second time was that Green was able to take shots way downfield, and then Johnson would finish it off.

I don't see Carson Palmer coming back from that knee injury, and John Kitna is no threat, so I think Cincy is winnable.
                        I thought Palmer was coming back for training camp?

I picked the away KC game as a L because of one guy...Larry Johnson.

I'm sorry, but I'll take Pitt's D against our O. We were manhandled...

Seattle is a better team than Denver, right now. They have the best pass rush in the league and their passing game is exponentially better than Denver's. I think that our LB's would actually contain Alexander, as he's not what you would call an agile back. Once he commits he has a hard time bouncing outside, and against our speedy LB's I think he'd have a hard time.

I agree with you that NE is winnable, but they've got Tom Brady and their D should rebound.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkana7

How did you not have a healthy secondary? Champ Bailey, Nick Ferguson, John Lynch, Darrent Williams, Sam Brandon, etc., they all played in that game. And if you want to blame that loss on injuries, how about KC playing with two backups at tackle in the game in denver.
                          "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

I can see us winning all our games but Pittsburgh, Indy, KC away and New England, I will say we go 12-4.
                            sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

We should call this "the sensible Bronco fan" thread - just admitting the NE game could be a contest would be considered treason on the smack board

Comment

Working...
                              X