Dayne/Sapp 1-2 Punch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayne/Sapp 1-2 Punch?

I know that it would be awesome to have Ron Dayne just run over everyone next year, but what about Cecil Sapp? Think that maybe a 1-2 punch of Ron Dayne and Cecil Sapp along with some situations with Tatum Bell maybe will give us a running back combo that is decent enough to carry us? I mean, honestly I understand the idea of having one back in there a lot of the time (Terrell Davis is a great example), but if we have fresh legs in there and a couple of one-cut backs like Dayne and Sapp wearing the defense down in between the tackles then a speedy runner like Tatum breaking the long run...I can just see that working. Of course, I'm also from up Northeast here and I've gotta root for Cecil, 'cause he's from CSU. Yeah, I'm one of those weirdos who also wants to see Bradlee Van Pelt start over Jake Plummer...BUT, what do y'all think? With our line, I know anyone can run, but if it's a matter of keeping fresh legs in there and a constant running attack with everything moving around and just wearing a defense down, maybe this could work.

Lol, for some reason I thought you were going to suggest Warren Sapp. Ughhh...

Comment

i agree there is something to be said for "fresh legs", but I am just thinking that a 1-2 punch really requires some variance, I see Sapp and Dayne as very similar rushers, and that doesn't really give you the change-up effect that a Dayne/Bell can give you.

Not that I really am that big a fan of Tater, but that to me is the idea of a 1-2. Power and grit on one hand, pure speed on the other.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by markthespirit77
        I know that it would be awesome to have Ron Dayne just run over everyone next year, but what about Cecil Sapp? Think that maybe a 1-2 punch of Ron Dayne and Cecil Sapp along with some situations with Tatum Bell maybe will give us a running back combo that is decent enough to carry us? I mean, honestly I understand the idea of having one back in there a lot of the time (Terrell Davis is a great example), but if we have fresh legs in there and a couple of one-cut backs like Dayne and Sapp wearing the defense down in between the tackles then a speedy runner like Tatum breaking the long run...I can just see that working. Of course, I'm also from up Northeast here and I've gotta root for Cecil, 'cause he's from CSU. Yeah, I'm one of those weirdos who also wants to see Bradlee Van Pelt start over Jake Plummer...BUT, what do y'all think? With our line, I know anyone can run, but if it's a matter of keeping fresh legs in there and a constant running attack with everything moving around and just wearing a defense down, maybe this could work.
        This might be exactly what happens in 2006! Unless we draft someone who takes the job, I think this is very likely. I expect to see more Cecil featured this coming year. Mike's keeping him around for something!

Wouldnt be all to different than what happened this year. We just move Dayne into Andersons slot, and Sapp into Dayne's. It could happen.

Welcome to Broncomania, Mark!

Comment

I like Cecil as our backup FB/special teamer/HB receiver guy that he is...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
            I like Cecil as our backup FB/special teamer/HB receiver guy that he is...

ya he has stats right across the board. he returned a couple of kicks, made 5 solo tackles and forced and recoverd a fumble. he is definately making contributions on special teams.
            "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

If they get Dayne signed unless someone really steps up, new FA or rookie he will be the man to beat .Sapp may get some carries, but is not in RD's class. tater will be tater just like ashley a contributor, but not the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                If they get Dayne signed unless someone really steps up, new FA or rookie he will be the man to beat .Sapp may get some carries, but is not in RD's class. tater will be tater just like ashley a contributor, but not the man.

what is ashley doing in a thread about running backs?
                "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
                  what is ashley doing in a thread about running backs?
                  Dunno...being a wannabe, wants a new challenge?!!

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                    Lol, for some reason I thought you were going to suggest Warren Sapp. Ughhh...
                    LOL...a one two punch nicknamed "fat/fatter"
                    sigpic

Comment

Sapp was converted to fullback. Van Pelt over Plummer? Did you watch him play against SD in the last week of the season. In one half he completed two passes.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Dayne I can see, but not Sapp, he has shown very little running in his NFL career. He is a good special teams player though.

As for BVP, I think we are too premature to want to get rid of Plummer. He is not everones favorite QB here, but for how he did in 05, he earned at least a chance to start again.
                        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

I have a feeling thaat the Broncos are going to draft aa speedy running back and trade Bell.

the Broncos are a factory for runningbacks!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                            I have a feeling thaat the Broncos are going to draft aa speedy running back and trade Bell.

the Broncos are a factory for runningbacks!
                            LOL, nice avatar. Anyway, i expect the broncos to get somebody like Brian calhoun, Maurice drew, Mike bell etc, and their aint room for 2 bells in the bronco organizatinon.
                            sigpic

Comment

sent ya a message, still new to the message board stuff, but read it, it'll fill ya in on whats goin on

Comment

Working...
                              X