denver in free agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrbell26
    I dont know one Qb that doesnt throw picks when they are down and the running game doesnt work...what are your thoughts on jakes 229 pass attempts without a pick??? it seems like you are in denial at the fact that jake is actually turning out to be an above average QB and starting to shake his "image" that the media slapped on him
    ONE season doesn't a career make.

Let St. Jake do this the rest of his career, and maybe you have a point.

Also, the question I was answering had to do with not being able to carry the load. In situations where we needed him to do that, he didn't appear to do so.

By the way, it's not the "media" who have slapped this image on St. Jake. He slapped it on himself by throwing 20+ INTs in 5 of his first 8 seasons.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
      ONE season doesn't a career make.

Let St. Jake do this the rest of his career, and maybe you have a point.

Also, the question I was answering had to do with not being able to carry the load. In situations where we needed him to do that, he didn't appear to do so.

By the way, it's not the "media" who have slapped this image on St. Jake. He slapped it on himself by throwing 20+ INTs in 5 of his first 8 seasons.

haha, and one of those seasons was with the broncos getting used to a new offense, where he also threw 27 TD's...and the other four when he played for the armpit of the NFL, prolly the worst franchise EVER in the history of the NFL...you think youd give him a break, and give him some credit for turning his career around with the broncos

Comment

Originally posted by mrbell26
        I dont know one Qb that doesnt throw picks when they are down and the running game doesnt work...what are your thoughts on jakes 229 pass attempts without a pick??? it seems like you are in denial at the fact that jake is actually turning out to be an above average QB and starting to shake his "image" that the media slapped on him
        there is no doubt that jake is shaking the image that the media slapped on him but he just isn't doing it when the game is in his hands. yeah qbs throw interceptions when they're trying to come from behind but what about tie games or trailing 1 score in the 3rd quarter. the question everyone should ask themselves about jake plummer is this. can jake lead your team on his shoulders every sunday wether down or up

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
          Very good observation.

The St. Jake crowd will throw out some stat about his come-from-behind victories in his career (although that doesn't answer your question).

Here are the facts of last season.

The Broncos played with the lead in all but about 60 minutes. In those 60 minutes, our running yards were down, and St. Jake threw 5 of his 8 INTs.

Can St. Jake carry a game when nothing is working?

It's less than a 50-50 possibility.

dont all games start at 0-0? so who was the qb for the broncos when they were getting those leads? and where did you find the stats that show our rushing yards were down for those specific 60 minutes (although usually when you are behind you start to pass more so it makes sense)?

"Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by KnightOLB53
            Sorry man your post was going great till i read the sentence about drafting vince young then i stopped. Be realistic,its not going to happen.
            I felt the exact same!!

I was actually thinking this was a great post, and I actually agreed with most of it till ...trading for 1st pick..

You actually think that houston would give is the pick, yeah right! There are so many things I want to say...I smell another troll..
            vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

Denver in free agency?

Isn't that the name of this thread? How did it become just another Jake bashing whine? First of all, forget Young. Of the top three QBs, he is the best athelete, but the least prepared for the NFL. Someone's reference to Michael Vick is accurate. I think the team is in a "can't lose" position with all the first day picks. There are enough good RBs to wait until the third or fourth round to get one that will help the team. The TE position became alot more important with Putz being cut, but again, this draft is deep in quality TEs. The NFL Network had Klop rated as a second rounder. I think that's a little high, but he may be available in the third or fourth. Most of the complaints sound just like last year. The team has retained the core from last year and will have many good opportunities to improve the talent and depth over the next few weeks. Be positive, with all the advantages of the team's position they will do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                Chad Jackson was even a FIRST ROUND PICK before working out at the Combine, i'm pretty sure he will last to number 22......
                You mean he wasn't right? well if you do i hope we grab him and i hope tha cba gets done so we have a few bucks to spend in free agancy so we can grab a pass rusher.... heres to hoping

"Little Pads. Big Hits. Huge heart." - tnedator

This play is the reason I'm a DENVER BRONCOS fan

Comment

Working...
                X