Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need to get the TE more involved in our O.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WABronco
    Don't you remember Stephen Alexander's season-clinching, one handed TD catch?

Lol, jk, but it's probably cuz our receiving TE was out on 99% of redzone possessions.

ya i remember. and i remember dukes nice catch in the corner. problem is those are the only ones i remember on the season.

we need someone that is a pressence in the red zone that coordinators actually have to pay attention to. this helps the passing game (obviously), but when a linebacker or safety is concerned about covering a TE, it also helps the running game.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
      ya i remember. and i remember dukes nice catch in the corner. problem is those are the only ones i remember on the season.

we need someone that is a pressence in the red zone that coordinators actually have to pay attention to. this helps the passing game (obviously), but when a linebacker or safety is concerned about covering a TE, it also helps the running game.
      Well, it's pretty much easy to tell what we're going to do with the TE when you think of it. Most of the time we pass when Putz is in the lineup. We usually run when Alexander is in. Duke is what we probably want to develop to be the numero uno TE.

Our TEs have been good though. Putzier was our 3rd best receiver last year, so obviously we got some production.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
      2. Taxes
      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Two TE formation

The two TE formation was the dominant formation used last year, due to great support for the running game. Alexander blocked very well and Putz did OK. An upgrade would allow for both TEs to be good receivers and blockers. The formation was used because it allowed so many options. With one of the best TE coaches in the league (Brewster), I see improvement at the position. With Heimerdinger known to like downfield action, maybe they will work the center of the field more with the TEs.

Comment

Working...
        X