Is Burns Leaving That Big Of A Deal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't epstein a kicker?
    Knorr is NOT a good kicker. No hang time (fewest f/c in the league), can't directional kick and couldn't make it to the endzone on kickoffs. Reminded me TOO much of Rouen. Inside the opp. 45 yard line, you could guarantee they would get the ball at least at their 20.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
      Isn't epstein a kicker?
      Naw he's a P. He started off as a K in the NFL but he's switched over to P. Plus he's in NFL Europe trying to get better.
      Last edited by DPg2003; 03-09-2004, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Knorr is NOT a good kicker. No hang time (fewest f/c in the league), can't directional kick and couldn't make it to the endzone on kickoffs. Reminded me TOO much of Rouen. Inside the opp. 45 yard line, you could guarantee they would get the ball at least at their 20.
        I don't like Knorr that much either. His numbers don't look that bad because he plays most of his games at Mile High, but he's not that good.

Comment

Knorr is all right, he learned some new plyometrics that allowed him to hang it 5.0 seconds and 55 yards! he just has to get used to doing it, i think he improved over the year before.

Losimng Burns wont hurt at all, he was a special tems captain, but not because he was the very best special temer, it was because he was a great guy to look at. He was weak and not very fast. Anybody can replace him, I thought middlebrooks was a better special teamer anyway he made a lot of plays like swatting the ball back inside the 5 on a punt, or something, i bet he will be the next captain, although i want to see him be more than a special teamer, we dont really need him to play CB right now. Pierce will probably replace Burns on the special teams unit.

I got sick of the no name faces that just got thrown into the special teams. I didnt like scott turner being thrown out there, not that LB with the weird name, chris young i dont think he made even 1 play all year for the SP unit, I didnt like Charlie adams playing SP,or Madise (on covergae in kickoffs), i mean what are we trying to do there? Our SP unit ws a bunch of nobodies with no skill or coaching, i never understood why you would put a couple WR's out there to tackle somebody. at least we need to coach that unit better and tell them to fly INTO the blockers, opening up the returner cause he has no blockers to follow if we smash them.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

What really bugs me

You know, I think most of you guy are right, loosing him isn't the end of the world ....but I also agree the the ST coach has PLENTLY of tuning left to do.
            ONE thing related to our ST that kinda bugs me.... ANY NETWORK'S Daunte Hall highlights!!!!!
            He had several TD returns last year but which one do they have to show?! The one against the Broncos EVERY TIME! Aside from length, that isn't even his best one! Especially considering that there are two (highlight reel visible) un-called penalties against the Cheifs from contact with Broncos coverage guys right at the beginning. They could show several different plays... but no, they must torture us Broncos fans.

Comment

Anybody know if we re-signed Mike Leach? ESPN(http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?oldTeamId=7) has him back with the team, but I haven't read it anywhere else. We all know how important Long Snappers are.

Comment

Re: What really bugs me

Originally posted by WilsonKills
                You know, I think most of you guy are right, loosing him isn't the end of the world ....but I also agree the the ST coach has PLENTLY of tuning left to do.
                ONE thing related to our ST that kinda bugs me.... ANY NETWORK'S Daunte Hall highlights!!!!!
                He had several TD returns last year but which one do they have to show?! The one against the Broncos EVERY TIME! Aside from length, that isn't even his best one! Especially considering that there are two (highlight reel visible) un-called penalties against the Cheifs from contact with Broncos coverage guys right at the beginning. They could show several different plays... but no, they must torture us Broncos fans.
                Me too man. You would think that they would want to destroy all evidence of the 2 clips on that play. That s**t won't happen again though.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                  Knorr is all right, he learned some new plyometrics that allowed him to hang it 5.0 seconds and 55 yards! he just has to get used to doing it, i think he improved over the year before.

Losimng Burns wont hurt at all, he was a special tems captain, but not because he was the very best special temer, it was because he was a great guy to look at. He was weak and not very fast. Anybody can replace him, I thought middlebrooks was a better special teamer anyway he made a lot of plays like swatting the ball back inside the 5 on a punt, or something, i bet he will be the next captain, although i want to see him be more than a special teamer, we dont really need him to play CB right now. Pierce will probably replace Burns on the special teams unit.

I got sick of the no name faces that just got thrown into the special teams. I didnt like scott turner being thrown out there, not that LB with the weird name, chris young i dont think he made even 1 play all year for the SP unit, I didnt like Charlie adams playing SP,or Madise (on covergae in kickoffs), i mean what are we trying to do there? Our SP unit ws a bunch of nobodies with no skill or coaching, i never understood why you would put a couple WR's out there to tackle somebody. at least we need to coach that unit better and tell them to fly INTO the blockers, opening up the returner cause he has no blockers to follow if we smash them.
                  I hope you're right about Knorr. We need him to get more distance and hangtime on those punts. If he can do that it will help make Coach Bradford's job a lot easier. If he can't do it hopefully Epstein can.

I think that we have enough young talent on this squad to have an incredible Special Teams unit. Middlebrooks is turning into a stud on Special Teams and Pierce can be one too if he loses weight and stays healthy. Hopefully Sam Brandon can help out on Special Teams. I think that most of last year's problems were due to the scheming. Hopefully a new coach will solve that problem.

Don't forget about PR and KR's. Hopefully Martay Jenkins or another speedy guy can step up on returns. We haven't had an explosive return man in years.

Comment

Isn't epstein a kicker?
                    Elam I like alot. Hes getting alittle old but still able. Knoor, I think just needs alittle time. Look at Carolinas punter, he almost lost his job after two years. What happened to him? Probowl. How you been of late RC?
                    ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DPg2003
                      I hope you're right about Knorr. We need him to get more distance and hangtime on those punts. If he can do that it will help make Coach Bradford's job a lot easier. If he can't do it hopefully Epstein can.

I think that we have enough young talent on this squad to have an incredible Special Teams unit. Middlebrooks is turning into a stud on Special Teams and Pierce can be one too if he loses weight and stays healthy. Hopefully Sam Brandon can help out on Special Teams. I think that most of last year's problems were due to the scheming. Hopefully a new coach will solve that problem.

Don't forget about PR and KR's. Hopefully Martay Jenkins or another speedy guy can step up on returns. We haven't had an explosive return man in years.
                      the special teams kickoff coverage should include sam brandon, willie middlebrooks, terry pierce, Donnie Spragan (if he isnt starting) Cecil Sapp, Deltha Oneal (if still here) Chris Young, Bryant Mcneal (he has speed) then whatever other backups we draft at LB or DB.
                      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by DPg2003
                        Anybody know if we re-signed Mike Leach? ESPN(http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?oldTeamId=7) has him back with the team, but I haven't read it anywhere else. We all know how important Long Snappers are.
                        If you don't already know, we did resign Mike Leach.
                        http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...717542,00.html

IN THE FOLD: The Broncos have signed long-snapper Mike Leach to a one-year, $535,000 contract.

Leach didn't receive a tender offer as a restricted free agent, but the team made it clear they wanted him back.

The Broncos' decision to re-sign Leach, who also plays tight end, was a dose of good news for new special-teams coach Ronnie Bradford, who learned Tuesday the unit's captain, Keith Burns, had opted to leave Denver for Tampa Bay.

On another subject...

Burns was a leader and he will be missed. His leadership is what was important on the field. He also had veteran savvy which will also be missed.

He can be replaced athletically but his leadership will be harder to replace.

Middlebrooks never has panned out, but he has done well on special teams. He is going to have to do more than special teams if he want to stay on the team at the end of this year though.
                        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                          If you don't already know, we did resign Mike Leach.
                          http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...717542,00.html

IN THE FOLD: The Broncos have signed long-snapper Mike Leach to a one-year, $535,000 contract.

Leach didn't receive a tender offer as a restricted free agent, but the team made it clear they wanted him back.

The Broncos' decision to re-sign Leach, who also plays tight end, was a dose of good news for new special-teams coach Ronnie Bradford, who learned Tuesday the unit's captain, Keith Burns, had opted to leave Denver for Tampa Bay.

On another subject...

Burns was a leader and he will be missed. His leadership is what was important on the field. He also had veteran savvy which will also be missed.

He can be replaced athletically but his leadership will be harder to replace.

Middlebrooks never has panned out, but he has done well on special teams. He is going to have to do more than special teams if he want to stay on the team at the end of this year though.
                          Thanks for the info on Leach. We definitely needed him back.

Burns can definitely be replaced although he was an energetic dude. He was the captain, but he definitely wasn't the best Special Teamer on the squad.

Middlebrooks will definitely have to step up on D as well. He's great on Special Teams, but he'll have to do more than that.

Comment

Working...
                          X