Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what i have noticed

Originally posted by Derock
    Its not about 400K a year, its about earning your market value. I know its kind of hard for regular people with normal pay to understand how 400k wouldn't be enough money. Instead, consider this...would you except a minimum wage salary of around 13K a year from your employer when you have the opportunity to make 130K per year? Definitely not! You would go to your company and tell them to pay you more money or you're taking your services elsewhere. If your market value is 130k, you can get at least 100k from ANY company. For your current employer to expect you to continue working for 13k is insulting and crazy.
    too bad he signed the contract...........cry me a freaking river man
    Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what i have noticed

Originally posted by Booher
      too bad he signed the contract...........cry me a freaking river man
      My friend if you didn't understand my last post, trying to reason with you is wasted. You are aware that contracts can be renegotiated and rewritten? As a matter of fact, it happens pretty often.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: what i have noticed

I believe his heart was in Denver. Problem was Denver's heart wasn't in him. Denver lost a great back because they didn't want to pay him.
        Really do appreciate your opinions! Reminds me why I am happy that I am able to separate brain/heart......and the brain says denver made out surprisingly good. Makes me glad I'm a bronco fan!
        Still can't figure why you are even here....seeing how your team has supposedly the HOF/top 3 rb in the history of the NFL. LOL!
        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what i have noticed

My friend if you didn't understand my last post, trying to reason with you is wasted. You are aware that contracts can be renegotiated and rewritten? As a matter of fact, it happens pretty often.
          Obviously not in Denver's system.... atleast not before the last year on your contract, Portis "violated" this well known rule, and so he was shipped to Washington.... bad descision on his part!
          Remember kids, being a grammar Nazi makes you cool!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what i have noticed

You are aware that contracts can be renegotiated and rewritten? As a matter of fact, it happens pretty often.
            except denver has a policy against it. wilson stuck w/ his rookie contract and was rewarded w/ a big one.

players should stick w/ their contracts just like teams have to. if portis starts playing badly (which i doubt, but just for arguments sake) i bet he would not be happy about washington wanting to renegotiate to pay him what he is worth.
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk
            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what i have noticed

Originally posted by mattos
              except denver has a policy against it.

Horsesh*t.

Denver, and EVERY SINGLE OTHER TEAM OUT THERE, re-negotiate contracts at will.

Specifically, to suit their own interests.
              Originally posted by boltzpride619
              What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
              True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what i have noticed

Originally posted by portisistheman
                Horsesh*t.

hey i'm just going on what bowlen said.
                sigpic
                go broncos
                share the sidewalk
                liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Re: to much info

Originally posted by bklynbronco
                  hey how you watch football and how i watch are two different thingsLOL. niesha your thinking out loud again.lol
                  i am sorry i got a lil carried away i forgot that u are a boy my bad boo.
                  I'm Such A Lady

Comment

Re: Re: Re: niesha where have you been?

Originally posted by cheapseats
                    You will have to ask Portistheman about that one...
                    i guess so and why do i have to ask portis the man about that one. lst time i checked hell you can look as long as you don't touch. he he hah ha ha ha ha ha
                    I'm Such A Lady

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what i have noticed

Originally posted by portisistheman
                      Horsesh*t.

Blood pressure, PITM!! Remember, blood pressure!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: what i have noticed

Originally posted by Booher
                        yea life on 400000 a year is soooooooooooo tough..........give me a break
                        booher i see u haven't changed since i left i see you are still being a pain in the behind. no 300,000 is not enough of money in football. like i said before if you 're gonna play football you wanna make sure that you are straight and that lil chump change after a good car that money is gone. he is worth more money than that and denver knew it .they were trying to pimp that why it is called business and a game because you don't win all the time. i don't like the way he ran his mouth and so forth but hay like i said in another thread money talks and the bull $hit walks. maybe you can live off of 300,000 as a football player doesn't mean everyone can. that is no money you have players that ride the benches get paid more than that. and why am i fussing with you about his money me nor you are gonna see none of it any damn way.
                        I'm Such A Lady

Comment

Re: Re: Re: what i have noticed

I believe his heart was in Denver. Problem was Denver's heart wasn't in him. Denver lost a great back because they didn't want to pay him.
                          Dude did you not read my post - the Broncos were going to re-negotiate his contract - he was going to refuse ANY contract that didnt make him the highest paid RB in the NFL (that shows me CP's heart lies in his wallet) and the Broncos/Bowlen have a thing about players going PUBLIC about contract re-negotiations more than anything - and if you played for Denver for two years Im sure you would know that - this was CP's deal more than anything - you cant blame the Broncos org for letting him go - it is still a business regardless of what we fans like to think

Comment

neisha26,

I like CP and his abilities on the field and will be the first to admit it. I wasn't too happy about him not wanting to fufill his contract obligations though. Bottom line ( and I've seen this posted previously so it's not an original thought )....

He signed on the dotted line and agreed to make "X amount" regardless of how well ( or horribly ) he played. Had he been the starter and gained a whopping 600 yds this past season, he'd be damn happy to stay with the team ( this year ) and collect the money stated on the contract. He chose to go reneg on his contractual obligations and seek another offer elsewhere. I'm not the least bit unhappy he's gone.

All of the above is just mho and not fact.

By the way.... who's gonna become your new "Hubby in training"?

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                            ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

I liked CPO then and I still like him now. I will miss him!

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
                                neisha26,

I like CP and his abilities on the field and will be the first to admit it. I wasn't too happy about him not wanting to fufill his contract obligations though. Bottom line ( and I've seen this posted previously so it's not an original thought )....

He signed on the dotted line and agreed to make "X amount" regardless of how well ( or horribly ) he played. Had he been the starter and gained a whopping 600 yds this past season, he'd be damn happy to stay with the team ( this year ) and collect the money stated on the contract. He chose to go reneg on his contractual obligations and seek another offer elsewhere. I'm not the least bit unhappy he's gone.

All of the above is just mho and not fact.

By the way.... who's gonna become your new "Hubby in training"?

Nuff said...
                                okay if it was posted before i 'm still gonna say what's on my mind. who said that once one person think of something another one won't? anyway if you read the post i have left you will see that i am pissed to but hay things happen and like i said before MONEY TALK & BULL $HIT WALKS NOW LIKE I SAID BEFORE I STILL LIKE HIM BUT I THINK HE LOOKS BETTER IN BLUE NOT NO OTHER COLOR. NOW I SAID ENOUGH HOW U LIKE THAT PLAY BOY. And 4 the record clinton is still gonna be my husband and i rest my case.
                                I'm Such A Lady

Comment

Working...
                                X