Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We missed out on another Back...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by NZrichy
    Yeah Im thinking Amos will be released and Bettis will be Staleys backup.
    I think Duce wants to start, I dont think he was very happy with the Running Back by Committee thing that was going on in Philly. Could we get Amos? If the Steelers release him, we might be able to sign him would he be a good fit for our offense?

    Comment


    • #17
      id rather see us sign garrison hearst than deuce "HOLD OUT" Staley

      Comment


      • #18
        I forgot about corell Buckhalter from the eagles too before i saw a couple people mention him today in some posts.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Re: We missed out on another Back...

          Originally posted by westflbroncostud
          no he didnt he signed wid the bucs
          the article said he signed with the bucs but I read another one and it said pittsburgh
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Garner is a Buc.

            http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsd...px?newsid=3695

            And Staley is a Steeler.(probably, I read it earlier but this is the most recent link I could find)

            http://www.steelers.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=234390
            kiwi Bronco fan

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by NZrichy
              Garner is a Buc.

              http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsd...px?newsid=3695

              And Staley is a Steeler.(probably, I read it earlier but this is the most recent link I could find)

              http://www.steelers.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=234390
              OOHHHHH OK I was getting confused on the Garner and Staley
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                LOL broncostud. I pm asian orange to get my name changed since you didn't like it. Just kidding, i did pm him to change it though. How long does it usually take for him to get back to you.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Why in the world is everybody in a hurry to sign fa's. Denver does not need any of the high/over priced players that ALWAYS go in the beginning. I guarantee Shanny doesn't just sign big name players to make the fans happy.... He signs "players" that he thinks will fill needs to improve the team as a whole. Otherwise, he'd have signed TO, Sapp, Garcia, Dillon, Garner, Winstrom, Springs, Armstead until the money was gone. Then after about the 3rd game, denver is 0-3 and fighting amongst themselves, he'd have to start sending people home to get their heads on straight, kinda like Boston with SD last year.
                  He's got $8.+M in cap room.....he'll probably get some decent fa's before the draft. The rest, he'll save until after the june cuts to pick up some cap casualties, undrafted free agents. It'd be stupid to blow the wad now, then have a player he had his hopes on get cut later and not be able to get.
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

                  -- Samuel Adams

                  sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Could we get Amos? If the Steelers release him, we might be able to sign him would he be a good fit for our offense? [/B][/QUOTE]

                    I see the steelers play every week, and I can honestly tell you Amos is aweful. He always runs backwards or sideways and never really gets good yardage. I will say he is a decent receiver though. The steelers are definitely going to release him cause he is scheduled to make 3.5 mil this year.
                    A Broncos fan stuck in steeler country.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by rcsodak
                      Why in the world is everybody in a hurry to sign fa's. Denver does not need any of the high/over priced players that ALWAYS go in the beginning. I guarantee Shanny doesn't just sign big name players to make the fans happy.... He signs "players" that he thinks will fill needs to improve the team as a whole. Otherwise, he'd have signed TO, Sapp, Garcia, Dillon, Garner, Winstrom, Springs, Armstead until the money was gone. Then after about the 3rd game, denver is 0-3 and fighting amongst themselves, he'd have to start sending people home to get their heads on straight, kinda like Boston with SD last year.
                      He's got $8.+M in cap room.....he'll probably get some decent fa's before the draft. The rest, he'll save until after the june cuts to pick up some cap casualties, undrafted free agents. It'd be stupid to blow the wad now, then have a player he had his hopes on get cut later and not be able to get.
                      Everybody's in a hurry to sign free agents because all the good ones are being snatched up and Shanahan is sitting around picking his nose not doing anything about it. With the way our team is looking right now, we're going to be 0-3 anyways after 3 games. Newsflash, the decent free agents are all almost gone, so what good is 8 million in cap space? Alot of good this strategy of picking up cap casualties and undrafted free agents has done for us in the past 5 years. It's all equaled 0 playoff wins. It would be stupid to blow his wad now? When would be a better time? When all the good free agents are signed by other teams?!?! Seems like everybody around here thinks that Shanahan is a genius who has some magic card up his sleeve. He doesn't people. This team is losing key role players by the minute and it has no identity at all. Our special teams is weaker, our offense is damn sure weaker, and we're tossing our defense on the shoulders of one cornerback who never made his previous team any better. A question for all of you out there: Who's going to carry our offense?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        FA's

                        I think there was a great article that was about how teams are following the NE format to go to the big Dance.... Being frugal in FA and finding VALUE in players that aren't getting the BIG bucks from the overprices in the early stages of Free agentcy. It was a great article that was posted on the message board not long ago, anyone have that link?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Garner has never been an everydown back his entire career, what makes anyone think that a 30 something rb can do that now. Historically, he has had injury problems. Great third down back but not worth the money.

                          Even though I might be called ha Q basher, he has not won the starting running back position just yet. He will have to compete with Ahmaad Galloway, whom the coaching staff is very high on. Q will more than likely be going up against rookie backs in camp as well. Nothing is set in stone as of yet.
                          John 11: 25-27

                          My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                          Thanks Snk16

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            patience

                            it seems we have two points of view. either the broncos are not doing enough during free agency and thus an awful 2004 season or we don't need any so called high price free agents because they will destroy the chemistry with thier bad attitudes and thus a bad 2004 season. the broncos can't win. what so hard about giving this organization some time i say about right after the draft to make any evaluations about what we need and how the future of the broncos will look. i've seen many teams panic and choke during the draft and make the stupidest moves. look at how the last three years the minnesota vikings can't even make it to the podium in time to make a pick. we have some picks to play with, can we wait a little bit before we start thinking negative about anything. we can use maybe another free agent to fill maybe one or two spots other than that the draft will suffice. as for QG starting he probably will but NOBODY CAN GURANTEE that so a RB will either be drafted or signed to secure that the denver running game is still a feature in this offense. when fans from other teams come on this board read the panic in some of these post they eat this up. i know it's in some people's nature to see the worst in situations, pessimist but you can't stress out over what the broncos are doing. if they have a awful draft then we can we get PO but untill then chill out people have a little faith that the broncos will do the right thing,damn!
                            Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: patience

                              Originally posted by bklynbronco
                              it seems we have two points of view. either the broncos are not doing enough during free agency and thus an awful 2004 season or we don't need any so called high price free agents because they will destroy the chemistry with thier bad attitudes and thus a bad 2004 season. the broncos can't win. what so hard about giving this organization some time i say about right after the draft to make any evaluations about what we need and how the future of the broncos will look. i've seen many teams panic and choke during the draft and make the stupidest moves. look at how the last three years the minnesota vikings can't even make it to the podium in time to make a pick. we have some picks to play with, can we wait a little bit before we start thinking negative about anything. we can use maybe another free agent to fill maybe one or two spots other than that the draft will suffice. as for QG starting he probably will but NOBODY CAN GURANTEE that so a RB will either be drafted or signed to secure that the denver running game is still a feature in this offense. when fans from other teams come on this board read the panic in some of these post they eat this up. i know it's in some people's nature to see the worst in situations, pessimist but you can't stress out over what the broncos are doing. if they have a awful draft then we can we get PO but untill then chill out people have a little faith that the broncos will do the right thing,damn!
                              I couldn't have said it better myself, great post.
                              John 11: 25-27

                              My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                              Thanks Snk16

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X