Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Draft Picks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broncos Draft Picks

    Well this is my first post here and it may have been made somewhere else but I didn't see it/didn't wanna search everywhere for it so don't bite my head off if this is a repeat topic!

    Anyhow, Who do you think the Broncos will take first round and then with the 2 picks in the second round? Think they may pick up Mr. Controversy himself (Clarrett) in round 2 with that extra pick?
    Eddie Mac for prez!

  • #2
    Re: Broncos Draft Picks

    Originally posted by SoDakTE87
    Think they may pick up Mr. Controversy himself (Clarrett) in round 2 with that extra pick?
    God I hope not.

    Comment


    • #3
      I kinda like Clarett and would like to see him in the orange and blue. I think he's the type of bigger back with agility and speed that would be better for the broncos then Q.
      Last edited by SoDakTE87; 03-09-2004, 09:16 PM.
      Eddie Mac for prez!

      Comment


      • #4
        any other opinions?
        Eddie Mac for prez!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SoDakTE87
          any other opinions?

          Howdy!
          And YES, this has been touched on before, but....

          Clarett would NOT be a good fit. IMO
          Too arrogant PLUS he's only played 1 season of football outside of highschool. Don't see the upside to that at all.

          Glad to have another sodak on board.

          RCC'80
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

          -- Samuel Adams

          sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            RCC No kidding.

            I'm from RCS and will have to let the fact that we both like the broncos cancel out the fact that I'm supposed to hate you, being a *edited school name* and all
            Last edited by SoDakTE87; 03-09-2004, 09:40 PM.
            Eddie Mac for prez!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SoDakTE87
              RCC No kidding.

              I'm from RCS and accept the fact that we both like the Broncos and not hate you for being a Cobbler
              Yeh, and I won't hold it against you. Just don't admit here on the board what the school name is!!!!! Best left unsaid, know what I mean?
              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
              men."

              -- Samuel Adams

              sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                good point, fixed right up.

                Anyhow, who you think will go first 3 picks for the Broncos?
                Eddie Mac for prez!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SoDakTE87
                  good point, fixed right up.

                  Anyhow, who you think will go first 3 picks for the Broncos?
                  DE/WR/LB
                  or
                  LB/WR/TE
                  or
                  WR/TE/DE
                  or
                  (you get the point?) (smiling)
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

                  -- Samuel Adams

                  sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We are most likely going to go TE, WR, and LB with those first three pick not necessarily in that order. I want Ben Troupe on our team in the worst way, he'll be what Shannon Sharpe used to be and more. Nobody's mentioned him but I'd love us to draft a Michael Jenkins with one of our other two picks. He's 6'5 215 lbs and doesnt drop passes ever. As for Lb, there are a lot out there and should be available in the second round.

                    Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      alot depends on if gold leaves if he does then im sure 1 of r 1st 3 picks will be a LB...if hes resigned i go in no order RB, WR, n DB or DL....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Gold

                        Too bad for us Gold is probably not going to sign so we better change the #1 to LB
                        Broncos rule!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          broncos move up in draft??

                          I just got this from a friend in another board who has some contacts within the Broncos organization. This is what he said reguarding the draft....

                          To answer your question directly...the Broncos are leaning toward TE Ben troupe (as almost every draft analyst seems to think) TE Ben Watson, WR Michael Clayton of LSU, Rashaun Woods of Oky St & finally DT Randy Starks of Maryland.

                          I'm not privy to the closed door deliberations of coahces, but I am aware, generally speaking, of what they're thinking through a very good friend of mine who happens to be a scout.

                          The belief is that Randy Starks would be their first choice, but he will likely go just outside the top ten picks...if he falls...and only a little, the team would seriously consider a move up to get him.

                          The belief is that Troupe, Watson, Clayton & Woods should ALL be available at pick # 24, thus their need & skill grades are high, but their 'value' is relatively marginal sisnce they're expected to be there. Starks, likely will not.

                          Starks carrys the highest value/skill/need grade among the attainable players (unless a deal falls in their lap giving them access to the top ten), and following a long held Bronco philosophy of letting the draft 'come to them', chances are Starks will be out of reach.

                          BUT, several teams are talking about moving down for extra choices...and Denver has 'em...SO, there's a very good chance in my opinion that the Broncos will make a move to get a blue-chipper...Starks in particular, but perhaps even a Sean Taylor if, inexplicably, somehow he were available...or even DT Vince Wilfolk of Miami.

                          Wh do they want? Everybody, of course.

                          Who will they get?

                          A) trade up for Starks...very possible

                          Sit back and wait for #24, then debate the merits of Troupe. Watson, Woods & Clayton...at least one of which will likely be available in early round two.
                          Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

                          You too Cutler.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: broncos move up in draft??

                            Originally posted by rascal
                            I just got this from a friend in another board who has some contacts within the Broncos organization. This is what he said reguarding the draft....

                            To answer your question directly...the Broncos are leaning toward TE Ben troupe (as almost every draft analyst seems to think) TE Ben Watson, WR Michael Clayton of LSU, Rashaun Woods of Oky St & finally DT Randy Starks of Maryland.

                            I'm not privy to the closed door deliberations of coahces, but I am aware, generally speaking, of what they're thinking through a very good friend of mine who happens to be a scout.

                            The belief is that Randy Starks would be their first choice, but he will likely go just outside the top ten picks...if he falls...and only a little, the team would seriously consider a move up to get him.

                            The belief is that Troupe, Watson, Clayton & Woods should ALL be available at pick # 24, thus their need & skill grades are high, but their 'value' is relatively marginal sisnce they're expected to be there. Starks, likely will not.

                            Starks carrys the highest value/skill/need grade among the attainable players (unless a deal falls in their lap giving them access to the top ten), and following a long held Bronco philosophy of letting the draft 'come to them', chances are Starks will be out of reach.

                            BUT, several teams are talking about moving down for extra choices...and Denver has 'em...SO, there's a very good chance in my opinion that the Broncos will make a move to get a blue-chipper...Starks in particular, but perhaps even a Sean Taylor if, inexplicably, somehow he were available...or even DT Vince Wilfolk of Miami.

                            Wh do they want? Everybody, of course.

                            Who will they get?

                            A) trade up for Starks...very possible

                            Sit back and wait for #24, then debate the merits of Troupe. Watson, Woods & Clayton...at least one of which will likely be available in early round two.
                            Hey rascal tell your friend we need Watson. He should be there in Round 2. Think of how great it would be to get Starks and Watson in the 1st 2 Rounds.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              my friend has no influence on the decision makings, he is just telling me what he has heard through his contacts.

                              That was possibility he mentioned.

                              Never heard of this stark guy though, will have to do some research on him.
                              Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

                              You too Cutler.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X