No announcement yet.

Broncos Draft Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think hayward will be able to play wel as a starter this year so a later draft pick for a DE makes sense but we doo need the depth
    No matter what, I win.

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
      We dont need a DE, atleast not in the first round
      Berry is gone dude, and I think we need another bigtime pass rusher. I think we need a defensive end more than a defensive tackle. Plus if Sharpe stays, then there goes the Troupe idea. Plus I think there is too much depth at wide receiver in the draft to take one in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by DistilledFun
        i think hayward will be able to play wel as a starter this year so a later draft pick for a DE makes sense but we doo need the depth
        Haywards good, but I think the coaching staff would know more about him than me. Is he a solid every down player is what i'm asking. Because we don't have any depth at DE...that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
          Berry is gone dude, and I think we need another bigtime pass rusher. I think we need a defensive end more than a defensive tackle. Plus if Sharpe stays, then there goes the Troupe idea. Plus I think there is too much depth at wide receiver in the draft to take one in the first.
          I guess it can be thought of either way with the WR i personally think that we need an upgrade in our passing game with smith ageing and shannon could be gone... either way we need some youth in the passing game (youth to step in and impact by week 1) unless we can improve our defense and make it a "only need to score 14 points to wim type team" like the super bowl bucs
          No matter what, I win.

Comment

Haywards good, but I think the coaching staff would know more about him than me. Is he a solid every down player is what i'm asking. Because we don't have any depth at DE...that I know of.

thats because there is little depth to speak of...
            No matter what, I win.

Comment

I'd be happy with either a WR, TE. I know Berry is gone, but i think Hayward could easily take his place and be just as succesful. We can get some great WR's with our first round pick.
              Rashaun Woods, Michael Clayton, Lee Evens. All these guys could be come great recievers in the NFL.

Comment

What do you want to bet that even if Troupe or one of the top 5 receivers is available Shanahan crosses everyone up and drafts. . . another offensive or defensive lineman! :p Remember that he wanted to draft an OL in 2001, but Minn. got him first leaving Lelie to drop to 18 (or whatever).

Then last year, he drafted George Foster just to let him sit. There were plenty of players at more glamorous positions, like WR and CB. Foster wasn't even the highest rated player on most draft boards. A lot depends on how the coaches think a player will fit in to their system.

Just goes to show. Shannahan hates drafting WR's in the 1st. Says that people make more mistakes evaluating that position than any other in the draft. (Well, he's speaking from experience there)!

As for trading up, I doubt it. Shannahan wouldn't likely give up his picks in what is supposed to be a very good draft. He can get 3 players in the 1st 2 rounds as is and there should be some very good ones available. Why not stand pat and take 3 bites at the apple?
                sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rascal
                  [B]allright here is some information about Randy Starks of Maryland. He is a DT.

Height : 6-4

Weight: 305

40-Yard Dash:

vs.

Ht: 6-3
                  Wt: 314
                  40: 4.95

Dang! This guy is incredible.....Sounds like 'The fridge'! Who else could drop an inch and gain 9 pounds????
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

you guys keep saying TE.. but we drafted jeb putzier (however you spell his name) a couple years back now, and he has been under shannon's tutledge (bad speller at night,blah) this whole time. Supposidly he is the man to take sharpe's spot when the time comes.

Comment

because there have been rumors that he isn't progressing and looks like a lifetime backup.
                      Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

jeb can do it, it is the linemen we need to get because the linemen make our running game possible and we need them now more than ever because of the loss of CP

Comment

Hayward played in only 52 percent of the defensive snaps yet he had 8 1/2 sacks tying Pryce for second on the team. What would have done if he had been the starter? We do have depth at DE, two of them were on IR all season long.
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                            Hayward played in only 52 percent of the defensive snaps yet he had 8 1/2 sacks tying Pryce for second on the team. What would have done if he had been the starter? We do have depth at DE, two of them were on IR all season long.
                            One thing to mention is Hayward and Berry fought for the starting position all training camp last year. Berry won out the last game of the pre-season. It was that close.

Hayward really came on last year and that is why they offered him a qualifying offer as a RFA because the Broncos do not want to lose him.
                            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                              One thing to mention is Hayward and Berry fought for the starting position all training camp last year. Berry won out the last game of the pre-season. It was that close.

Hayward really came on last year and that is why they offered him a qualifying offer as a RFA because the Broncos do not want to lose him.
                              I remember that. I knew the competition was really close. Did Hayward accept the offer or is everything still on the table.
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Did Hayward accept the offer or is everything still on the table.
                                No, he hasn't signed yet (that anyone has reported). He doesn't have to. He's waiting to see if some team will match the offer. If they do, they get Hayward (we don't get to counter-offer) but they'll have to give us a #1 draft pick, so I don't think it'll happen. Hayward is waiting to see what develops though, just in case. (It's nice to know what your worth is before you become a free agent).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X