No announcement yet.

Free Agents All Signed?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well..losing some of these players will get rid of trends the team has built up in the last 5 years.

Let's start over?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Ok, let's start over. Maybe we should keep a couple of guys though. Just to keep us a little better than the Cardinals and Lions.
      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

I'm not recognizing this team at all..a lot of personalities are gone.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
          I'm not recognizing this team at all..a lot of personalities are gone.
          yeap. there is a real void for a leader and personality in the locker room.

Maybe not a rebuilding year, but definetly a reloading year. We have some pieces in place such as: secondary (who would have thought that), QB (jake will never be the best in league, but definetly upper tier), and other pieces here and there (wilson, some o-line and d-line). But there is a considerable drop off in talent level from our SB's.
          Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
            yeap. there is a real void for a leader and personality in the locker room.

Maybe not a rebuilding year, but definetly a reloading year. We have some pieces in place such as: secondary (who would have thought that), QB (jake will never be the best in league, but definetly upper tier), and other pieces here and there (wilson, some o-line and d-line). But there is a considerable drop off in talent level from our SB's.
            Big reason we need Sharpe to stay. He is the best leader we have.
            Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Re: Ummmm......

Originally posted by BroncoStud102
              We will be very good on defense this year WITH or WITHOUT Ian Gold....He didn't even play much last year and our young LBers got a LOT of experience....

On offense, Plummer showed enough to me to know we won't suck.....We NEVER have problems running the football..Sharpe appears to be coming back, and Lelie/Smith should be a decent set of wideouts again this year.

You guys who say we won't make the playoffs are ridiculous....

We will be BETTER next year, and YES, Champ WILL make that much of an impact on defense, a shutdown CB is vital when calling defensive plays.

Watch and see.
              we never have problems running the ball? remember before alex gibbs came here and TD? Guess what...we no longer have gibbs or a proven RB. Two very important pieces of the puzzle, not to mention a very aging o-line and wr's.
              Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

You guys who say we won't make the playoffs are ridiculous....
                Unless I'm mistaken nobody (nobody who's a Bronco fan that is) says we can't or won't make the playoffs. We (barely) made them this past year and I'd say we're about the same quality of team as last year. Maybe we'll be lucky and be 11-5, maybe injuries or bad luck and 9-7 and miss out. I'd be surprised to see a result outside that range. Pretty much what I predicted for last year and we landed right in the middle of that range at 10-6.

BUT that isn't enough, is it? We're not some city like Detroit or Phoenix or Cincinatti where their fans would swoon if they just made the playoffs. We expect a bit more here, don't we?! We think the Broncos ought to be competing for the Super-Bowl every year and if they're not something's not right! Who wants to endure years of frustration like Jets fans or something? (I omit the tribulations of the truly pitiful franchises like Detroit or Phoenix, because that'll never happen -- Bowlen wouldn't let it).

If God's in his heaven and all's right with the world, the Broncos would win 12 games every year and the Raiders would win 4-5. I think that's a program we can all get behind!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DPg2003
                  Anybody know if we re-signed Mike Leach? ESPN(http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?oldTeamId=7) has him back with the team, but I haven't read it anywhere else. We all know how important Long Snappers are.
                  Pro bowl buddy...Ed Reed....Yup
                  sigpic

Comment

We should:

Sign Gold
                    Draft Rashaun Woods
                    Draft Ben Troupe
                    Trade a 3rd round pick, for a descent back...
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry to say, but you guys are pitiful, lol. A rebuilding year? Miss the playoffs? Just cause we have sme new faces, does not mean we no longer have the same amount of talent. Lets go position by position shall we

QB jake plummer: THIS is what will make the offense go, Plummer is a very good QB, better than i thought he was. He is turning into a student and studying very hard like a peyton Manning. He has answered the call of the denver fans expectations. He threw few INT's and thats a plus, he is the reason the offense will NOT struggle. If he gets injured again, i would be worried about our backups playing.

RB: We may disagree on this, but Griffin is a good RB. I dont see how you can miss that over and over. I mean seriously, i still see people talking about "i have my doubts cause of his size" i cant stand that junk. His size doesnt affect him, why does it affect you all? How many times has his size hampered him? The answer is none, out of all his college games, and his NFL career so far he hasnt been slowed by his height. You all are putting stuff there that really isnt there. How does 3 or 4 extra inches all of sufdden make you a trustworthy back? He played an easy defense in indy? MOST of the defenses are easy in the our division and schedule, i am still waiting for somebody to tell me WHY nobody says portis just runs over easy defenses all season. Nobody has the answer for that cause you know its unfair. There is no reason to doubt, Griffin has only a year under his belt he has a LOT more to add to his game you know kinda like Portis did oh but you want to be unfair and not mention that huh? If a back competes with Q and wins, then he must be good also cause he beat Q out, so our run game will be fine.

WR: I admit this is a little iffy here. although i am very optimistic (not blindly i might add) about lelie being a future star. Once he gets about 4 years under his belt, his confidence will be able to stay up even when he has a bad day, and his confidence is what makes him dangerous. Once he gets years his confidence wont waver as much cause he will be a veteran so even if he still has a sub 50 catch year next year, i still fel he will be special later on for us. Smith is getting older, but he can be a nice jerry rice type. He still makes the big plays when it counts (pittsburgh game indy game) so he can still play. At #3 WR, its really not THAT important anyway since ed played it and had 19 catches and we really didnt suffer from it (kinda hurt to see ed have a bad year, but he didnt kill the offense or nothing), but Madise and Nate Jackson can catch a football fellas, thats all they have to do right now, just get in there on a few plays and run that route and catch it, they arent gonne be used that much, but they can still catch you know. Do not ignore all the heads Madise turned in training camp, he hasnt played yet lets not doubt him, but wait and see ok

TE: I know Putzier is fast, big, and has good hands. Maybe you all are hypnotized by shannon sharpe, but that is good for a TE. Carswell will probably start since he is the vet and he isnt bad either. He is older also, but a great blocker he is and a nice big option in the middle of the field.

O-line: I dont know how it will work out, i think we might be weak at LT one way or the other. Foster is strong but slow Lepsis is quick but not the strongest. Maybe PJ Alexander will suprise, but i dont know i havent seen him. Other than LT the o-line is strong. LT is the most important position, and im sure the broncos seen a lot in foster to take him first round, so our LT(whoever is there) isnt gonna be HORRIBLE, just not as good as salaam was there.

D-line: Why are people panicking about losing berry? I loved berry but we have Hayward who is just as good, remember they were battling for the starting spot, and berry won it, but hayward still got a lot of time. Hayward played extremely well on a limited amount of snaps, so we should be fine. I would have loved to see them all together, but pryce davis fatafehi and haywrd is not bad at all peopel chill out.

LB: LOL you guys really upset gold left? He didnt hardly play last year either you know. we got along good without him, the backups were solid, not spectacular like gold, but solid. we will just pretend gold is injured again if we cant resign him. i want gold, but i understadn the broncs dont want to give him ALL the money they have left. I am not in favor of rookies starting, but i wouldnt mind the competition over gold's spot with sykes spragan and some drafted players. whoever wins, wins we are solid either way

Secondary: The only position we didnt have good depth in on D, now we do. The 2004 Denver Broncos overall defensive unit is better no matter what happens to gold and berry. gold and berry had great backups in hayward/sykes/spragan. gold and berry didnt play the position that was the weakest on the team last year, the secondary. losing gold and berry didnt hurt much cause we have solid backups there, but the secondary was hurt even when all the starters were all in, they were average. nick ferguson suprised me he is a good player, kennedy is solid, walls is solid enough, bailey is the star, a MAJOR UPGRADE for secondary and the team is better even if we lost berry and gold.

we will make the playoffs and maybe win a game in it.
                      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                        I'm sorry to say, but you guys are pitiful, lol. A rebuilding year? Miss the playoffs? Just cause we have sme new faces, does not mean we no longer have the same amount of talent. Lets go position by position shall we

QB jake plummer: THIS is what will make the offense go, Plummer is a very good QB, better than i thought he was. He is turning into a student and studying very hard like a peyton Manning. He has answered the call of the denver fans expectations. He threw few INT's and thats a plus, he is the reason the offense will NOT struggle. If he gets injured again, i would be worried about our backups playing.

RB: We may disagree on this, but Griffin is a good RB. I dont see how you can miss that over and over. I mean seriously, i still see people talking about "i have my doubts cause of his size" i cant stand that junk. His size doesnt affect him, why does it affect you all? How many times has his size hampered him? The answer is none, out of all his college games, and his NFL career so far he hasnt been slowed by his height. You all are putting stuff there that really isnt there. How does 3 or 4 extra inches all of sufdden make you a trustworthy back? He played an easy defense in indy? MOST of the defenses are easy in the our division and schedule, i am still waiting for somebody to tell me WHY nobody says portis just runs over easy defenses all season. Nobody has the answer for that cause you know its unfair. There is no reason to doubt, Griffin has only a year under his belt he has a LOT more to add to his game you know kinda like Portis did oh but you want to be unfair and not mention that huh? If a back competes with Q and wins, then he must be good also cause he beat Q out, so our run game will be fine.

WR: I admit this is a little iffy here. although i am very optimistic (not blindly i might add) about lelie being a future star. Once he gets about 4 years under his belt, his confidence will be able to stay up even when he has a bad day, and his confidence is what makes him dangerous. Once he gets years his confidence wont waver as much cause he will be a veteran so even if he still has a sub 50 catch year next year, i still fel he will be special later on for us. Smith is getting older, but he can be a nice jerry rice type. He still makes the big plays when it counts (pittsburgh game indy game) so he can still play. At #3 WR, its really not THAT important anyway since ed played it and had 19 catches and we really didnt suffer from it (kinda hurt to see ed have a bad year, but he didnt kill the offense or nothing), but Madise and Nate Jackson can catch a football fellas, thats all they have to do right now, just get in there on a few plays and run that route and catch it, they arent gonne be used that much, but they can still catch you know. Do not ignore all the heads Madise turned in training camp, he hasnt played yet lets not doubt him, but wait and see ok

TE: I know Putzier is fast, big, and has good hands. Maybe you all are hypnotized by shannon sharpe, but that is good for a TE. Carswell will probably start since he is the vet and he isnt bad either. He is older also, but a great blocker he is and a nice big option in the middle of the field.

O-line: I dont know how it will work out, i think we might be weak at LT one way or the other. Foster is strong but slow Lepsis is quick but not the strongest. Maybe PJ Alexander will suprise, but i dont know i havent seen him. Other than LT the o-line is strong. LT is the most important position, and im sure the broncos seen a lot in foster to take him first round, so our LT(whoever is there) isnt gonna be HORRIBLE, just not as good as salaam was there.

D-line: Why are people panicking about losing berry? I loved berry but we have Hayward who is just as good, remember they were battling for the starting spot, and berry won it, but hayward still got a lot of time. Hayward played extremely well on a limited amount of snaps, so we should be fine. I would have loved to see them all together, but pryce davis fatafehi and haywrd is not bad at all peopel chill out.

LB: LOL you guys really upset gold left? He didnt hardly play last year either you know. we got along good without him, the backups were solid, not spectacular like gold, but solid. we will just pretend gold is injured again if we cant resign him. i want gold, but i understadn the broncs dont want to give him ALL the money they have left. I am not in favor of rookies starting, but i wouldnt mind the competition over gold's spot with sykes spragan and some drafted players. whoever wins, wins we are solid either way

Secondary: The only position we didnt have good depth in on D, now we do. The 2004 Denver Broncos overall defensive unit is better no matter what happens to gold and berry. gold and berry had great backups in hayward/sykes/spragan. gold and berry didnt play the position that was the weakest on the team last year, the secondary. losing gold and berry didnt hurt much cause we have solid backups there, but the secondary was hurt even when all the starters were all in, they were average. nick ferguson suprised me he is a good player, kennedy is solid, walls is solid enough, bailey is the star, a MAJOR UPGRADE for secondary and the team is better even if we lost berry and gold.

we will make the playoffs and maybe win a game in it.
                        Lava, you make some good points, but this post is way too long man(j/k). I'm with you though man. We will be just fine this year. I think all we need is depth at QB and the O-Line.
                        Last edited by DPg2003; 03-12-2004, 12:15 AM.

Comment

i don't know how you guys do it....staying so confident and all. Realistically we'll be very lucky to make the playoffs this year. i see this year and maybe next as rebuilding years. as long as shanahan doesn't screw it up too bad, hopefully we could be back at the super bowl level in 2-3 years. although i think the best idea would be to fire shanahan and let another coach do the rebuilding, cuz mikes way hasn't seemed to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by TDogg15
                            i don't know how you guys do it....staying so confident and all. Realistically we'll be very lucky to make the playoffs this year. i see this year and maybe next as rebuilding years. as long as shanahan doesn't screw it up too bad, hopefully we could be back at the super bowl level in 2-3 years. although i think the best idea would be to fire shanahan and let another coach do the rebuilding, cuz mikes way hasn't seemed to be working.
                            what exactly is mike's way? making sure his team is the ONLY team in the NFL to have top 5 in offense AND defense? cause thats what he has been doing.
                            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                            X