Shanny said it himself,We do'nt need sacks,We need pressure on the QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blazindro
    Tell me Jakes Beard, if we won the Superbowl this year would you still want TO?
    I know thequestion wasn't directed towards me but I feel the need to answer it anyways. If we won a SB this year with out T.O. would I still want him? HELL YEAH...who wouldn't want a guy of his caliber? He will help us countinue on a good path if we picked him up next year. T.O. is a great reciver and although he has a mouth on him doesn't mean he is any less of a person or a player...so yes i still would want him on this team

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
      I would expect Abraham's stats to go DOWN not up if he signs with the Broncos, because of their DL scheme which doesn't let the DL get after the QB. Their job is more to clog up the run blockers and let the LBs get to the ball. Perhaps Coyer will change the scheme somewhat this year, since teams like the Pats and Steelers figured out how to beat it (the Broncos were lucky that Brady missed a lot of wide open receivers down the field or they would have lost in the first round).

But, whatever I'm sure Abraham will get more than 4 sacks, which is all Trevor Pryce managed and he was tops on the entire team!
      Cugel I don't think so. Our defensive lineman are allowed to get after the qb. The fact that we didn't have as many sacks as in years past has to do with having two power ends and no legit speed rushers.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
        Cugel I don't think so. Our defensive lineman are allowed to get after the qb. The fact that we didn't have as many sacks as in years past has to do with having two power ends and no legit speed rushers.
        I would agree TX, and a person like John Abraham would change that or a top DE from our first round pick.

Pressuring the Quarterback and Sacking the quarterback will come together. The reason why we pressured so well is we had to have blitz packages instead of our front four doing what they needed to do. Abraham or a Top DE draft pick would change that. Speed around the corner going to toward the quarterback and making him fumble the ball would really be the key. Look at our AFC Championship game and Joey Porter for example. He acted like a DE and was in our backfield all day and caused Jake to fumble two times and caused all kinds of havoc. That is why we need a John Abraham or someone like him.
        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
          I would agree TX, and a person like John Abraham would change that or a top DE from our first round pick.

Pressuring the Quarterback and Sacking the quarterback will come together. The reason why we pressured so well is we had to have blitz packages instead of our front four doing what they needed to do. Abraham or a Top DE draft pick would change that. Speed around the corner going to toward the quarterback and making him fumble the ball would really be the key. Look at our AFC Championship game and Joey Porter for example. He acted like a DE and was in our backfield all day and caused Jake to fumble two times and caused all kinds of havoc. That is why we need a John Abraham or someone like him.

With all the biltzes we did last year the top DL guy had 4 sacks. The biltz causes or SHOULD cause someone to be free to get the QB, but it did not happen to force the QB into a D-line sack.

That speaks volumes about how pathetic our dline was.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever

Assuming we got Abraham I wonder how that would effect Shanahan's drafting priorities.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
              Assuming we got Abraham I wonder how that would effect Shanahan's drafting priorities.

I'm truly not sure that he ever has prioirties. When we desparately need DL he DAFTS a LB.

Comment

Working...
              X