Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Clayton said this about the Broncos today (3-10)....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Clayton said this about the Broncos today (3-10)....

The Denver Broncos have been the most active team of the offseason, re-signing offensive linemen Tom Nalen and Matt Lepsis, defensive ends Courtney Brown and John Engelberger and safeties Sam Brandon and John Lynch They still have almost $11 million of room and want to keep defensive tackle Gerard Warren. If head coach/executive VP Mike Shanahan can work some magic, he might be able to get wide receiver Terrell Owens, running back Jamal Lewis and defensive end John Abraham. Abraham might cost them a first-round draft pick, but he would be worth it. Those additional options might not have been possible if the cap hadn't grown because of the CBA extension.

Check it out...
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2362388

Broncomania Continues!
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

That Is Kool News I Want All But Jamal

Comment

That would be awesome, I would love for all of this to happen, because i still think Lewis can be that 2000 yard back, Owens we all know what he can do, and Abraham also!!
      vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

I don't think Jamaal Lewis after all his knee surgeries is remotely the same back that rushed for 2000 yds a few years ago, and if he were he wouldn't be released!

Adding T.O. and John Abraham to the offense and defense and perhaps drafting a RB in the 2nd round or something, would automatically put the Broncos right up with the Pats, Indy and the Steelers among the dominant AFC teams for 2006. They might not work out as planned, but the Broncos would be early favorites to win the division and possibly the SB.
        sigpic

Comment

What is this like the 23rd post about clayton today???

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...58&postcount=2

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
            What is this like the 23rd post about clayton today???

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...58&postcount=2
            ...and counting...

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanInPA
              ...and counting...

...AND COUNTING...

vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

Dang that's nice but we could get better than TO at WR and I think getting Jamal is a waste, I like Tatum and Ron.
                MMA News
                MMA News 247

Comment

i guess those would be nice, but id rather not have T.O.

Comment

I dont like the idea of signing Lewis. He's getting old. Its time to think young as far as running backs go. There are quite a few good choices in the draft. Denver have good solid backs in Dayne and Bell to cover for the new guy while he learns the system. But this constant idea that old players or players with a history of injures can make the team better because they used to be good is stupid. Lewis wouldn't rush 2000 yards, sure he'd do 1000 if he stayed healthy, but what back doesn't? why take a risk on an old guy when a cheaper younger guy can do the same job with less risk for injury.
                    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                    Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                      I dont like the idea of signing Lewis. He's getting old. Its time to think young as far as running backs go. There are quite a few good choices in the draft. Denver have good solid backs in Dayne and Bell to cover for the new guy while he learns the system. But this constant idea that old players or players with a history of injures can make the team better because they used to be good is stupid. Lewis wouldn't rush 2000 yards, sure he'd do 1000 if he stayed healthy, but what back doesn't? why take a risk on an old guy when a cheaper younger guy can do the same job with less risk for injury.
                      I'm not at all sold on the importation of Lewis. But old? He's 26.

-----

Comment

i thought he was 27? thats old?

Comment

I posted this in the correct forum it should be in, 2006 Free Agency.

Comment

If we could land Abe, TO, and J Lew... WOW
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                              If we could land Abe, TO, and J Lew... WOW
                              IT WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN.I PROMISE YOU THAT,U CAN SLAP ME AT THE NEXT BRONCOS HOME GAME IF IT DOES

Comment

Working...
                              X