Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos and Raiders Fight for Corey Dillon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why eat the price of an average back on the ass end of his career when we can use the guys we have? i dont get this logic? lets be cost effective if we sign him it would be dale cater ish.
    No matter what, I win.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
      I agree but it would be good insurance till our draft pick is able to take the full load. Besides if this screws the raiders into giving up picks or money, that's fine by me.
      That is a very good point, and I would doubt if Shanny would do it for no other reason than because its the Raiders and Al (a.k.a. Elvis) Davis.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by DistilledFun
        why eat the price of an average back on the ass end of his career when we can use the guys we have? i dont get this logic? lets be cost effective if we sign him it would be dale cater ish.
        Dillon is an above average back. Granted he is no Davis, Sanders, Smith, but he is still a proven back. And he put up good numbers playing for one of the worst teams in the league. None of our backs, other than Anderson (who is not in shape to be our #1 back), have proven themselves. Like Rascal says, it is good insurance until our new guys get experience.
        Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Dillon here

I disagree. I think Dillon ENSURES us to have a GOOD running game NOW. He may not be the BEST running back in the NFL, but he's GOOD, and certainly good ENOUGH to THRIVE in our system. That said, this would give us a second tere running back that would give us a running threat NOW. IF... IF QG beats him out as the STARTING RB...then that would make alllll of us feel that much MORE confident in the abilities of QG's going into the season. Right now all we have is the unprovens. It would be nice to go into the season with a proven vet that HAS proven he can rush WELL for even a low level team. He's not a Franchise player, but we aren't bringing him here to BE a franchise player. I think having a player of Dillon's caliber would more than justify our trade to get Bailey. Ask any KC Chief fan if they would like to see Corey Dillon in our backfield.

Comment

This guy is a raider fan.(distilledh2o)
            "We bust back faster then whistles, from Bronco raider officials" e.W.t.

Comment

Re: Dillon here

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
              I disagree. I think Dillon ENSURES us to have a GOOD running game NOW. He may not be the BEST running back in the NFL, but he's GOOD, and certainly good ENOUGH to THRIVE in our system. That said, this would give us a second tere running back that would give us a running threat NOW. IF... IF QG beats him out as the STARTING RB...then that would make alllll of us feel that much MORE confident in the abilities of QG's going into the season. Right now all we have is the unprovens. It would be nice to go into the season with a proven vet that HAS proven he can rush WELL for even a low level team. He's not a Franchise player, but we aren't bringing him here to BE a franchise player. I think having a player of Dillon's caliber would more than justify our trade to get Bailey. Ask any KC Chief fan if they would like to see Corey Dillon in our backfield.

exactly!
              Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Look... frist off i am not a radiers fan... that couldnt be more from the truth i love the broncos... i just dont see how we can have 4 RBs and think we need a 5th! i mean come on guys! think a little. cheif fans dont want to see anyone in our backfeild because anyone can run for us! but dillion is not worth the tag price (please dont get on may case about being a radier fan one reason i hate dillion is because of embarassing our D in that game and he isnt that good which makes it all worse) have faith in the 4 guys we arleady have. we have bigger problems then Rb right now like who is going to run in front of them? (NO GOOD FB's)
                No matter what, I win.

Comment

I know football. Dillion is not worth his price! dont bring up romo LB should be a$$holes... nice and scary... dillion can run for us but anyone can for half the price of him...
                  No matter what, I win.

Comment

How do you know what that price is?
                    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

have faith?

Have faith in our backfield? That would be fine if we could say we have a PROVEN runner!! (anderson is a proven runner, but I don't WISH to go into the season as him labeled our starting RB)... and don't tell Me we don't have any FBs when we DO have anderson SIGNED. If we sign Corey Dillon, and he is beaten out by QG, then you have a SOLID back-up running back. You don't th ink the coaching staff is feeling a lil pressure to give the fans something to see as POSITIVE coming into our backfield since the trade? Dillon makes sense, and would make me feel a LOT better, even though I am ALLLLL in favor of the Bailey-Portis trade, this would solidify the trade.

Comment

Proven the guy got beat out of a job in CINCY! CINCY? for crying out anderson isnt a FB anymore! people corey dillion is big bucks! he had a huge contract in cincy and he will be looking to have big bucks again. if we can get him cheap then i will be ok with it but by cheap i mean like 1 mil signing bonus at the most... we need the money for the talent pool in the draft build a team that can stay good for a few years instead of loading up with old farts who cost alot... locig man logic...
                        No matter what, I win.

Comment

what would you have a good team for 1-2 years tops and pay the price in the cap later or have a good team for 10 years with good young guys who cost little? draft is the way to go right now with the up coming class being so talented we shouldnt worry about FA.
                          No matter what, I win.

Comment

so we have 4RB's?

Look... frist off i am not a radiers fan... that couldnt be more from the truth i love the broncos... i just dont see how we can have 4 RBs and think we need a 5th! i mean come on guys! think a little. cheif fans dont want to see anyone in our backfeild because anyone can run for us! but dillion is not worth the tag price (please dont get on may case about being a radier fan one reason i hate dillion is because of embarassing our D in that game and he isnt that good which makes it all worse) have faith in the 4 guys we arleady have. we have bigger problems then Rb right now like who is going to run in front of them? (NO GOOD FB's)

what does that mean? that all the the denver RB's are good? competiton is always good let alone a proven back like dillon doesn't hurt but help the broncos. there is one thing about being confident about the denver line making average running backs into good running backs but what does it do to good running backs? it's makes them pro bowlers. corey dillion is a good running back who still has several years left. he's not over the hill, he's not old that's just ignoring the obvious. he's being let go by cincy cause he was frustrated with the organization not bringing people to help him out and while he was pouting last year rudi johnson took his spot. that doesn't mean dillon is not good he was just in a bad spot and needs a knew enviornment.
                            there can never be enough good running backs on a team.
                            Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

you guys are ignoring the fact that we need a lot more depth at other spot then RB with the little money we have to spend it would be a bad idea to bring in a "good" back we need a FB a WR a DE a LT and a LB all befor running back and plus the team is on a tight budget... think a little please...
                              No matter what, I win.

Comment

I know football. Dillion is not worth his price! dont bring up romo LB should be a$$holes... nice and scary... dillion can run for us but anyone can for half the price of him...
                                You know football??What a suprise I do to does anyone else know football??And yeah I do know alot about football and Dillion could put confidence to QG, we need him at least for a season, cuz we know what he accomplished and what he can accomplish I'd just say bring him in even for a back-up if Q's not doing good just put Dillion in...Just so we can sit back and relax
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X