Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos and Raiders Fight for Corey Dillon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just dont see how it can be cost effective to bring in dillion... griffin learned a lot from portis and anderson last year and just adding another pricey RB just isnt logical

and about the statment " i know football" it was said i dont so i just had to say i did i know you do too i read this board alot before reading it and i agreed with most fo the things you had to say
    No matter what, I win.

Comment

are you kidding me?

Originally posted by DistilledFun
      what would you have a good team for 1-2 years tops and pay the price in the cap later or have a good team for 10 years with good young guys who cost little? draft is the way to go right now with the up coming class being so talented we shouldnt worry about FA.

you can draft someone this year, can you guarentee that he won't pull a portis in two years? the minute you get a good young player your going to have to pay the piper sooner or later. 10 years? have you watched this years signings? there is no group of young players staying with any team for ten years. every two years every team has the possibilty of losing several star players. what ends up happening is you have to replace those parts with other parts of equal value or push up a back up to the starting role but if the back up doesn't do the job he usually won't get the time to try to improve himself, he will get replaced sooner more than later. your right draft is the way to go but when a player like corey dillon is in your lap i think you make an effort to go for him.
      Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I wouldn't want Dillon...it's like picking up David Boston or T.O......too much problem.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

i just dont see how it can be cost effective to bring in dillion... griffin learned a lot from portis and anderson last year and just adding another pricey RB just isnt logical

and about the statment " i know football" it was said i dont so i just had to say i did i know you do too i read this board alot before reading it and i agreed with most fo the things you had to say
          ok, but Q learned a lot...suppose he got injured..We got Ahmaad Galloway and Cecil Sapp, we can't trust those guys, they didn't play an NFL ever, I mean Q is a great back, i'm one of those few that are confident with this trade and getting rid of Portis for a good DB, but we need someone who can be there if Q goes down, that's why it was stupid that we didn't try harder to get Staley, or Garner, know what i'm sayin'?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
            I wouldn't want Dillon...it's like picking up David Boston or T.O......too much problem.
            I'm not sure that he is in the same league as those two malcontents. He just does not like being in Cinci. Granted, it would still be a risk to pick him up.
            Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

so your saying

you guys are ignoring the fact that we need a lot more depth at other spot then RB with the little money we have to spend it would be a bad idea to bring in a "good" back we need a FB a WR a DE a LT and a LB all befor running back and plus the team is on a tight budget... think a little please...

we can't get those players in the draft? one way or another we will spend money on a free agent and you will never be happy. we are thinking the money will be spent right? no matter what denver does they will over spend somewhere why not at the RB position. that position has a lot of good but unproven talent at least you know what you getting with dillon. you going on the assumption that all the RB's denver have right now have succeeded in the NFL already. that's not depth that's high expectactions and that doesn't win games untill expectactions become reality.

Comment

yeah i would of like duce (given he imporved his aditude) but dillion isnt worht the money or risk... i dont think he can preform like he did when he ran all over us and even then i wasnt impressed by him (other then that game) once upon a time we had a starter named jake... he got hurt... then we had a guy named steve who aslo got hurt... then there was a guy nammed danny... my point? your back up (if old like dillion) (more then 4 years for a RB is getting old he is at 7...) is likely to get hurt with all of the snaps... then we would be out that money and stuck with another "unproven guy" skip the middle man and dont spend the cash if we adress the passing game (getting a WR and TE and a FB with good hands) the pass will set up the run making our Oline more effective then ever and helping whoever runs better... i just dont want to spend the money on dillion
                No matter what, I win.

Comment

yeah i would of like duce (given he imporved his aditude) but dillion isnt worht the money or risk... i dont think he can preform like he did when he ran all over us and even then i wasnt impressed by him (other then that game) once upon a time we had a starter named jake... he got hurt... then we had a guy named steve who aslo got hurt... then there was a guy nammed danny... my point? your back up (if old like dillion) (more then 4 years for a RB is getting old he is at 7...) is likely to get hurt with all of the snaps... then we would be out that money and stuck with another "unproven guy" skip the middle man and dont spend the cash if we adress the passing game (getting a WR and TE and a FB with good hands) the pass will set up the run making our Oline more effective then ever and helping whoever runs better... i just dont want to spend the money on dillion
                  true, then we need a trade somewhere
                  sigpic

Comment

Staley or Hearst?

but perhaps teh money for the ability wasn't there. Dillon is better than hearst or staley... both those guys have been coming off major injuries to the knees. Why would we want that? Dillon is BETTER than those guys. Dillon's "attitude" isn't NEAR a T.O.

We can't sit here and say "Q is a great back" when we have NOOOoo idea what kind of back he is. There have been a LOT of great college running backs that haven't made it in the NFL. Galloway and Sapp? I woudln't want to hang my hat on those names... But at least I KNOW what I'm getting with a DILLON... a second tere back that can RUN and has done WELL running the ball. He's the best out of the three (staley, hearst, dillon)....

Comment

no comparison

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                      i don't think you would be too happy playing for that awful organization either. i'm surprised he's lasted that long without blowing his cool earlier that team has sucked for a long time.

Comment

im open to a trade just not for a guy where it roster is crowded with young guys... set up the run with the pass and then life will be spelndid for any broncos running back... jake will thrive this year showing why he was worth all that money as long as he has the targets if he doesnt then he will just be the same old snake... kubiak and shanny will get the job done as awlays to make our offense one of the best... have faith in those proven guys...
                        No matter what, I win.

Comment

This is a really good discussion because if we do pull the trigger on this, which Dillon is going to show up at camp? Will it be the Dillon that shut his mouth & ran the ball well or will it be the thug that showed up in Cincy last year? I have faith that Shanny will make sure he knows what he's getting before making a move.

Now, to the real question.....Do we EVER plan on persuing a wide receiver? Smith & Lelie are a nice tandem, but in order for us to get over the hump, we really need a WR. Any suggestions?

Comment

address the passing is easier

there are no good WR or TE left in the FA and injuries can happen to anybody that's the chance you take with either your current roster, people you draft like QG did in last preseason and anybody you sign like gardner at IHOP last year. those injuries were not expected. you can't predict that but there is nothing wrong with going after dillon. honestly i want correll buckhalter and if we get him then let the raiders can get corey but if not corey is not a bad pick.

Comment

Re: Staley or Hearst?

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                              but perhaps teh money for the ability wasn't there. Dillon is better than hearst or staley... both those guys have been coming off major injuries to the knees. Why would we want that? Dillon is BETTER than those guys. Dillon's "attitude" isn't NEAR a T.O.

We can't sit here and say "Q is a great back" when we have NOOOoo idea what kind of back he is. There have been a LOT of great college running backs that haven't made it in the NFL. Galloway and Sapp? I woudln't want to hang my hat on those names... But at least I KNOW what I'm getting with a DILLON... a second tere back that can RUN and has done WELL running the ball. He's the best out of the three (staley, hearst, dillon)....
                              I have not seen one article that Denver is even looking at bringing Dillion in. Has anyone seen any article like this or is it all speculation?
                              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

there was an article that stated "the broncos are expected to go after him" (thats just the jist...)
                                No matter what, I win.

Comment

Working...
                                X