Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos and Raiders Fight for Corey Dillon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos4ever
    I really don't think we want Dillon. Let's keep our draft picks. Raiders seem a good fit fot Dillon.
    Besides Dillion is getting up there in years and I think he might be near the end as everydown back.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    I sure hope we don't surrender a 3rd or 4th round pick for Dillon! The Bengals are even asking for a 2nd rounder! Well, good for them! As P.T. Barnum said: "Never give a sucker an even break." If they can get a draft pick from Oakland (remember that Oakland has the #2 pick in each round, that would weaken the Raiders.

If Davis is willing to part with a draft pick for Dillon, I doubt we'll wind up with him. A pick from Oakland is much better for Cincy than our pick in the same round.

As for sending Deltha to Cincy for Dillon, they'd have to be high on Acid to take that deal! :p
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-11-2004, 09:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    DEAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLTHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA

Leave a comment:

• Milehigh117
    replied
    I really don't wanty to get Dillon. I mean he is a great running back, but at the cost of losing a 2nd round pick, he is not worth it. We have too many pressing needs that 2nd round pick should go for. Dillon's getting old, he's 29 which means in a year hell probably hit the hump. We still have Galloway who the Broncos say could be a great player, and what's all this about not having a proven running back? Didn't Mike Anderson rush for 1500 yards? I think that's pretty proven. I pray that the Broncos do not give up that pick for Dillon, a second roundr is just not worth it,

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    I really don't think we want Dillon. Let's keep our draft picks. Raiders seem a good fit fot Dillon.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    broncos would find a decent running back in dillion he was a little issue in cincy i remember al wilson saying to the media he might leave and we all know about CP i mean so the guy want ed out of cinc y we should give cincy dealtha for him straight up trad get a decent runnig back and taking out the garbage at the same time

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    Don't know if anybody has posted this yet, but....

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that running back Corey Dillon could be traded in the next two days. The Bengals are closing in on a deal with the Raiders for Dillon. Oakland would hand over a third or fourth-round draft pick. The Bengals want a second-round pick. The Raiders were hoping to re-sign Charlie Garner, who signed with Tampa Bay.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: becareful duane66

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Tell me something I don't all ready know? The Broncos are just as high on Ahmaad Galloway. Besides can you point to any media release that says QG is the starting running back as of right now?
    Actually TX, Sundquist has said QG or someone else, but he did mention QG. Also QG was the second string after Clinton, so it is just natural for him to go to the starting position. I think it is his job to lose. He will definitely get the most reps of any running back.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: becareful duane66

Originally posted by Qistheman
    b/c with each day that passes another big name guy is gone. plus we need LB< and TE more than rb. so we will probably draft one of those in the 1st rd anyway. possibly in the 2nd but what ever we fill in the 1st rd we will probably get the other inthe 2nd rd, but then again we have two picks in the 2nd, i m just saying it looks better with each day
    I get the jist of what you're saying and I think you make a good point. I don't think LB is a great of a need, Sykes and Spragan played very well, imo if the Broncos draft an LB it will be after the first round. I would like to see them draft Ben Troupe if he is still around by the time we pick at no. 24. Denver has not spent a number one pick on a running back in ages but still think they will pick one up in this draft.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    that was poorly written. sorry
    Naw! Jibberish from an okie is STILL better than anything from TX!!!!!

Except their BBQ!!!

j/k!

Leave a comment:

• Qistheman
    replied
    that was poorly written. sorry

Leave a comment:

• Qistheman
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: becareful duane66

I didn't say you did. How cand if look better and better as each day passes. He hasn't competed against anyone yet and the draft is still weeks away. Besides the main point is that the coaching staff is just as high on Galloway.
    b/c with each day that passes another big name guy is gone. plus we need LB< and TE more than rb. so we will probably draft one of those in the 1st rd anyway. possibly in the 2nd but what ever we fill in the 1st rd we will probably get the other inthe 2nd rd, but then again we have two picks in the 2nd, i m just saying it looks better with each day

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: becareful duane66

i didnt say he was the starter, i was just saying they were high on Q, but each day that passes it looks better and better
    I didn't say you did. How cand if look better and better as each day passes. He hasn't competed against anyone yet and the draft is still weeks away. Besides the main point is that the coaching staff is just as high on Galloway.

Leave a comment:

• Qistheman
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: becareful duane66

Tell me something I don't all ready know? The Broncos are just as high on Ahmaad Galloway. Besides have can you point to any media release that says QG is the starting running back as of right now?
    i didnt say he was the starter, i was just saying they were high on Q, but each day that passes it looks better and better

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    How many yards did this oldy get last year? 500+?
    How many games did he start last year? Wow, what happened? I thought he was ALL THAT? I guess the bengals are getting rid of their losing ways AND losers of players............and you people want some of that?

I think KC needs him for when Holmes stubs his baby toe again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X