Warren cashes in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blazindro
    We could restructure, but whether they take that route is undetermined. And Warren took up a good chunk of our Cap with this new deal. Not all of it, but a good chunk.

And why exactly is name calling going on here?

it came out wrong

i ment like

why you acting like we cant sign anyone when we can

we can still afford John Abraham if his deal is only 3 million a year

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
      it came out wrong

i ment like

why you acting like we cant sign anyone when we can

we can still afford John Abraham if his deal is only 3 million a year
      Well thats true, it really all come downs to how much Abraham wants and if he likes Denver's envorionemt which I think he would. Jets want at least a first round pick for him so we could provide that. Will see I would just like to see us pick up a guy like Abraham.

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
        no man

why are you so stupid

we can still restructure Champs and Rod contract and its not like Warrens new deal used 100% of our cap room...
        I'm playing the MUG card. I want to know his base salaries on this one. Hopefully this contract is backloaded like a mofo. I want Abraham on our D-line and if we just pitched all the money at Warren how are we going to get a proven pass rusher? OR does this mean Shanahan's actually going to use our top pick on a DE?
        sigpic
        PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
        You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

I wouldn't blame them if other players turned round now and said why should I restructure my contract if your going to pay an average guy like warren a ton of money.
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500
            I'm playing the MUG card. I want to know his base salaries on this one. Hopefully this contract is backloaded like a mofo. I want Abraham on our D-line and if we just pitched all the money at Warren how are we going to get a proven pass rusher? OR does this mean Shanahan's actually going to use our top pick on a DE?
            i have no idea sorry

Comment

he did alot more then what it seemed.

1)he consitently got double teamed
              2)he played very well against the run

3)it makes it clear we are going to go after 1 big person=jamal lewis, TO...we want to retain all the palyers last year and get one more play maker

and now it leaves us with DE, WR, S for our draft needs

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                It's prolly $3mill this year, and ending up at $9mil in the end......nothing different than any other team.

I imagine he's prolly gonna hit the cap for $5m this year.......

They've still got a handful of players that will re-do their contracts........
                Exactly......I need to see the terms of the contract before getting too upset. There is no need to panic........
                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Warren is worth every penny...........................
                  He will replace T. Pryce and get the job done!

Comment

Originally posted by DENVER BRONCO56

3)it makes it clear we are going to go after 1 big person=jamal lewis, TO...we want to retain all the palyers last year and get one more play maker

yeah
                    i mean

Its not like Warren sucks

If we get John Abraham

and we have Brown and Warren

Our D-line can kick ass because Warren is already a double teamer

and it will force Courntey and John to get some more single team match ups to help them both

Or it would force them to double team John Abraham since he's much a bigger threat than Trevor and no one really doubled Trevor and it will free up Warren more

All we need is John Abraham and Some draftee and I think our Defensive Line can finaly be a pretty good line

Not the best but pretty decent

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeT.O.Blue
                      I am not sure if you guys see me post it so i am doing it again.............don't get to heated about the signing ov Warren...all though the first report stated the contract was a 6 year deal worht 36 mill...13 minutes later the same web site which is http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl posted another report

Here it is:

Broncos | Warren lands six-year deal
                      Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:51:47 -0800

Updating previous reports, the Denver Broncos have officially signed DT Gerard Warren to a six-year contract. Financial terms were not disclosed.

i dont know man

espn vs some crappy website

i like espn more

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeT.O.Blue
                        IF ANY ONRE ON THE BRONCO STAFF EVER GETS CHARGED WITH A CRIMNE THEY CAN FOR SURE PLEAD INSANITY.......this deal is outragous and Warren doesn't need to make that much....if you look at it he is making an average of 6 mill a year on the contract...that would mean that we onyl have about $5-6 million left this FA period..including rookies from the draft. Now we all know he gets paid more and more every year sp this year is he most likely going to make around $3-4 million. So that would actually but us at having about $8-9 million left......so i guess know that i have thought about it, it is not that stupid of a signing because we can still sign T.O. and John Abraham. T.O. most likely will cost about $2-3 mill and John would cost about $3 mill so that is $5-6 mill right there leaving us left with about $3-4 million left for rookies......so actually wow we can still sign T.O. and John and rookies.....and the really good thing about the contract is at any given time the Broncos can end if...so like all though it is a six year deal with waren we can end it in 2 years before he starts to make the big ones.......lol its kinda funny because at first I was out reages about the signing as u can see from when I first started writng but now that i have written it all out it is more clear. Mike Shanahan and GM Ted Sundquist really are master minds...we can have all 2 key players in FA
                        We start with about 11 million, warrens contract lessens that to maybe 7 or 8 million Id say. I doubt that TO and abraham would come that cheap. But you did forget to mention that we might be restructuring osme more contracts, which may make it possible.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ydave77
                          To kind of make a comparison. I think the deal that this guy got kind of set the market.

"Defensive tackle Maake Kemoeatu, one of the hottest players in the unrestricted market, on Saturday agreed to a five-year contract with the Carolina Panthers.

Maake Kemoeatu
                          Defensive Tackle
                          Baltimore Ravens

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
                          Tot Ast Solo FF Sack Int
                          40 30 10 0 1 0

The four-year veteran, who had played his entire career with the Baltimore Ravens, will earn $27.5 million over the course of the contract, which includes a $6 million signing bonus and $2 million in second-tier bonus. His base salary for 2006 is $1 million. "

5 yrs 28 mill, is about the same as warrens 6 yr 36 million deal. Not sure how good this guy is, but I guess this ESPN writer regards him somewhat highly. I would have liked to gotten a hometown discount (I know its only been 1 yr, but at least he was happy here) from Warren, but we definitely did not. I feel like we overpayed, but at the same pt, with all the cap money out there this yr, someone probably woudl have paid even more. We all have to realize there were teams out there with over 30 million in cap room. Someone would have paid him more than we did I think. That doesnt mean we shoudl have paid him 36 million, but that is probably his market value.

Yeah man

crappy teams like Packers and Cardinals can offer 6 year 40 million and we will never match it

Were lucky we got Warren

Comment

Originally posted by DENVER BRONCO56

We seriously need to land Abraham to shore up our D-line and we can draft more D-linemen in the 1st day of the draft. Preferably a DT that'll supplement Warren.
                            sigpic
                            PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                            You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

I think we all should just relax and see exactly what his contract consists of. I would Image a mjority of it is insentive based.
                              sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

To kind of make a comparison. I think the deal that this guy got kind of set the market.

"Defensive tackle Maake Kemoeatu, one of the hottest players in the unrestricted market, on Saturday agreed to a five-year contract with the Carolina Panthers.

Maake Kemoeatu
                                Defensive Tackle
                                Baltimore Ravens

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
                                Tot Ast Solo FF Sack Int
                                40 30 10 0 1 0

The four-year veteran, who had played his entire career with the Baltimore Ravens, will earn $27.5 million over the course of the contract, which includes a $6 million signing bonus and $2 million in second-tier bonus. His base salary for 2006 is $1 million. "

5 yrs 28 mill, is about the same as warrens 6 yr 36 million deal. Not sure how good this guy is, but I guess this ESPN writer regards him somewhat highly. I would have liked to gotten a hometown discount (I know its only been 1 yr, but at least he was happy here) from Warren, but we definitely did not. I feel like we overpayed, but at the same pt, with all the cap money out there this yr, someone probably woudl have paid even more. We all have to realize there were teams out there with over 30 million in cap room. Someone would have paid him more than we did I think. That doesnt mean we shoudl have paid him 36 million, but that is probably his market value.

Comment

Working...
                                X