Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawgfan
    replied
    We all know that team sites are extremely biased and give players way too much credit. Stats are overblown at team sites. LIke I said above, on the Browns site Davis had nearly 200 tackles. Team sites are not to be trusted. Therefore Warren did not have 42 tackles. He had 19 because the NFL Website and ESPN says so. Those are the two biggest names in sports. I would trust there judgement long before a team site on stats.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoWY
    replied
    it didn't say if it was back loaded and some of that money might be incentives and espn says after yesterday we still have 7.5 which if we play our cards right is enough but i bet we ethier trade one of our first or keep them and restructer a few deals first round picks have insane deals but if we keep and restructer some of big cap guys we can get a playmaker wr de and maybe just maybe lewis
    Last edited by BroncoWY; 03-12-2006, 09:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos008
    replied
    Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
    Honestly, the team that got duped was the Ravens. 5 years, 25 million for Pryce? Hmm, I doubt he'll survive next offseason.
    I agree, the Ravens were one of the last teams that I thought was going to sign him, they usually have an unbelievable eye for defensive talent, pryce was good but has lost his best years, oh well, their loss--which is good, we have trouble beating them anyways

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Originally posted by kmartin575
    Unless this contract is extremely back loaded I would think this will keep the Broncos out of the free agent market for the most part.
    Do you HONESTLY think that they would pay him the entire remainder of or salary and void any chance we have at improving our team above and beyone what we have already done?

Hasn't happened, so get over it with these poor posts about us having to stay out of free agency cause were broke... it is worse than patheitic.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by darrentwilliams
    we have idiots for managment.
    I agree....

OSU sucks!

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by kmartin575
    The official site of the national football league says 19 tackles.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235255
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...contentID=4142
    2005: Started all 16 games, making 42 tackles (22 solo), including three sacks (6 yds. –Green, 9 yds. –Leftwich and 10 yds. -Rivers) and three passes defensed to contribute to the league’s second-best rush defense. Led the defensive line with five tackles (2 solo) along with seeing action on offense as a FB in goal line situations at Mia (9/11). Contributed three tackles (2 solo) vs. S.D. (9/18) in limiting the Chargers to 41 yards in the second half. Contributed four tackles (2 solo), including a sack (6 yds. –Green) on Monday Night Football vs. K.C. (9/26). At Jac. (10/2), recorded three tackles (2 solo), including a sack (9 yds. –Leftwich) and a pass defensed in helping to limit the Jaguars to 12 rushing yards, the fewest yielded by the Broncos defense since 1965 (0 yds., at K.C., 12/19/65). Recorded five tackles (2 solo) vs. Was. (10/9). Contributed three tackles (2 solo) vs. N.E. (10/16). Started at defensive tackle, but did not record any stats at NYG (10/23). Recorded three tackles (1 solo) vs. Phi. (10/30). Tipped a field goal which went wide left in addition to contributing a solo tackle and a pass defensed at Oak. (11/13). Contributed to assisted tackles to a defense which limited NYJ (11/20) to 13 offensive plays in the first half, including just two in the second quarter en route to the team’s first shutout since Nov. 9, 1997. He also contributed to limiting the Jets to 22 rushing yards, including holding Curtis Martin to seven rushing yards. Contributed four tackles (2 solo) in the game at Dal. (11/24) on Thanksgiving. Made two tackles (1 solo) at K.C. (12/4). Recorded three tackles (2 solo) vs. Bal. (12/11). Swatted down a pass at the line of scrimmage in a win which clinched a spot in the playoffs at Buf. (12/17). Added two tackles (1 solo) to an effort which helped the Broncos clinch the second seed in the AFC playoffs vs. Oak. (12/24). Contributed two solo tackles, including a 10-yard sack of Philip Rivers in the regular season finale at S.D. (12/31). His sack on third down preceded Cox’s interception on fourth-and-15 in the fourth quarter.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by Dawgfan
    That's a complete waste. Expect Warren to improve his tackles. He's gonna go up in his tackles to about 30 I'd say and his sack number will stay the same. Typical Warren!
    Well, since he had 42 last year, he's already ahead of you......

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by watchthemiddle
    So, can someone answer how we are going to keep players like Warren and Champ on the team in a couple of years with all this heavy back loading going on???

Or is it when the players reach these backloaded contracts we part ways?
    See Alexander.
    See Isaac Bruce.
    See Kampmann.

Or, you restructure, thusly pushing everything back even further.
    But that can bite you in the buttocks later on

Capology is in a world of it's own. Only the teams know how to work it (sorry mug) and excel at it.

It just leaves us with something to argue about until the season starts......

Leave a comment:

• HORSEPOWER 56
    replied
    Honestly, the team that got duped was the Ravens. 5 years, 25 million for Pryce? Hmm, I doubt he'll survive next offseason.

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    Warren is worth the money. IF he plays like he did last year consistently. I have a feeling he wont, but I hope he proves me wrong. He was hands down the best D lineman we had last year and if we get a good pass rushing DE, we will have addressed our team's biggest problems.

Please Gerrard, don't get lazy now that you have the money.

Leave a comment:

• Prodigal19
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoballa2684
    wait i thought we were about 15 million or so under the cap before we signed warren?? so just cuz we signed him how are we done with FA?
    where did you hear this? Im pretty sure were only about 11 million under. Remember, the cap was raised by 7.5 million, not by 10 million like alot of people thought.

Leave a comment:

• Superchop7
    replied
    Prolly

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Best record in the NFL for the last 10 years.

They gotta be doin somethin right.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    then why are we contenders every single year?

Leave a comment:

• darrentwilliams
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Superchop7
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoballa2684
    wait i thought we were about 15 million or so under the cap before we signed warren?? so just cuz we signed him how are we done with FA?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

We aren't..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X