Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what about Dayne?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So what about Dayne?

    So whats the new news with Dayne? Are we still negotiating with him, did we break off th talks, let him go, or whats the deal? If we don't resign him I think it's pretty much a given were going to get Jamal Lewis.

  • #2
    Well, Ted Sundquist said we're not going after any FAs until we resign Ron, so I hope we have negotiations going with him...

    Also, I bet you that we have a 95% chance of signing Lew even if Dayne is resigned...
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
      Well, Ted Sundquist said we're not going after any FAs until we resign Ron, so I hope we have negotiations going with him...

      Also, I bet you that we have a 95% chance of signing Lew even if Dayne is resigned...

      WHY would the chances be 95% when we just signed dayne...i dont get your logic here...as of right now we have 2 legitimate backs in a great system, what makes you think that there is a 95% chance that shanny will waste $$$ on jlewis, you are dreaming if you think lewis is coming to denver

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mrbell26
        WHY would the chances be 95% when we just signed dayne...i dont get your logic here...as of right now we have 2 legitimate backs in a great system, what makes you think that there is a 95% chance that shanny will waste $$$ on jlewis, you are dreaming if you think lewis is coming to denver
        Well Denver was interested in Lewis and I think whether we signed Dayne or not they'll still take a look at him and will try and get him for the right place just to have competion with Dayne since I think Bell will be the backup anyway.

        I'd like to see Lewis on here, but I would of rather kept Dayne, glad we did.

        Comment


        • #5
          we better sign abraham and a WR before we sign that jailbird or else we are in trouble next season

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blazindro
            Well Denver was interested in Lewis and I think whether we signed Dayne or not they'll still take a look at him and will try and get him for the right place just to have competion with Dayne since I think Bell will be the backup anyway.

            I'd like to see Lewis on here, but I would of rather kept Dayne, glad we did.
            I have never seen an article where Mike S. or Ted S. said they were interested in Lewis? Do you have a link???
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by broncos4ever
              I have never seen an article where Mike S. or Ted S. said they were interested in Lewis? Do you have a link???
              http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2362340

              Theres one link just look under the subheading of "Running Men." Also Christ Mortenson reported this awhile back that Denver could be interesetd in Lewis.


              1. Running men: Running back is clearly the strongest position. But backs better have good eyes or they will be tackled for big losses. Not many teams are looking for veteran running backs. Shaun Alexander, a patient runner who has been anxiously awaiting free agency for two years, didn't see big dollars coming from Arizona or other teams, so he re-signed with the Seahawks, inking an eight-year $62 million deal. Ahman Green stayed in Green Bay for an incentive-laden, one-year deal. DeShaun Foster was named a transition player by the Panthers and probably will stay in Carolina. Plus, he wants to stay there.



              That leaves Edgerrin James, Jamal Lewis, Chester Taylor and Michael Bennett scrambling to please only a handful of teams that don't want to draft a running back. There is more of a chance for James to return to Indianapolis with the new CBA extension. Jacksonville and Baltimore also could be possibilities. Lewis could get action from the Broncos. Taylor and Bennett will get jobs but they aren't sure if they will get big money. Maurice Morris of the Seahawks is a sleeper in the group who could go to Minnesota.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Blazindro
                http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2362340

                Theres one link just look under the subheading of "Running Men." Also Christ Mortenson reported this awhile back that Denver could be interesetd in Lewis.


                1. Lewis could get action from the Broncos. Taylor and Bennett will get jobs but they aren't sure if they will get big money. Maurice Morris of the Seahawks is a sleeper in the group who could go to Minnesota.
                This is one man's opinion, but my postion is Mike S. or Ted S. has not made any quotes or any comments about wanting Jamal Lewis.

                On the otherhand they have commented on John Abraham and also Terrell Owens as being people that they would be interested in...

                So this love fest with Lewis, leaves me scratching my head because I really don't understand it?
                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                Comment


                • #9
                  KFFL is reporting that Dayne has resigned.

                  Broncos | Team re-signs Dayne
                  Sat, 11 Mar 2006 17:08:35 -0800

                  The Denver Broncos announced free agent RB Ron Dayne has re-signed with the team after agreeing on a three-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SM19
                    Perhaps this is because Abraham and Owens are not yet free agents, whereas Jamal Lewis is, and thus anyone in the Broncos organization talking about signing Lewis before today would be guilty of tampering.
                    I can see that point... But again I have not seen Shanahan or Sundquist mention that we needed different running backs... They wanted to sign Dayne and they did.

                    So if they thought they needed an upgrade wouldn't they have at least said that??? I think this running back thing has gotten blown clear out of proportion when our needs are clearly a wide receiver and a Defensive End.
                    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      why do people wanna keep dayne? when we can have a #1 back jamal" the bruiser" lewis. i hope we get him


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        yeah, dayne signed a 3 year deal.
                        vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X