Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Dayne is officially signed

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3593143

Dayne was secured as well, signing a three-year deal. Dayne will get a chance to compete for the starting tailback job. Denver also re-signed long snapper Mike Leach today to a four-year deal.
    yay

Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member 1

Good deal now were all set with resigning our key players.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeT.O.Blue
      YAY....that measn tomorrow I can expect to see news on the Broncos at least talking to other FA's like Abraham and Lewis
      Doubt it, Abraham will meet with Denver next week the only one we would probably talk to is Lewis.

Comment

This is good Warren Dayne and Leech all signed today I hope we get TO or Abraham tomorrow.

Comment

i'd still like to see us resign burns hes a great ST's player...then hopefuly get abraham

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30
            i'd still like to see us resign burns hes a great ST's player...then hopefuly get abraham
            I thought we already did that along time ago? In fact I'm pretty sure we did?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazindro
              Doubt it, Abraham will meet with Denver next week the only one we would probably talk to is Lewis.
              It sounds as if the compensation to the Jets has been worked out between the two teams and that all that remains is for Abraham's agent and the Broncos to agree on his contract, making it as cap-friendly as possible.

Of course, the deal could easily blow up at that point if the two sides can't agree on compensation, but we can hope not.

Otherwise, I'd say Abraham coming to Denver looks very probable. As for T.O., he'll have to wait until at least next week. Once the deal with Abraham is done, then the Broncos will know how much $ they have left to sign T.O.

At that point, however, some other one of the 25 teams with more money than the Broncos are likely to have made T.O. an offer he can't refuse (not what he'd like -- i.e. in the $15 million per season range), but an offer he can't refuse because it's the best he can get this year.

I don't see T.O. coming to the Broncos. And I don't see them signing any other veteran WR. That means the only hope of improving on the Broncos mediocre WRs is through the draft.

Only it's supposed to be a rather weak draft for WRs. So, I don't see much help at all.

WR will probably be the weakest link on the team in 2006 now that the defensive line has been strengthened and the perennial problems at CB have all been straightened out.

Personally, I think Ron Dayne will be just as good at RB as Anderson was. And Dayne is younger. Still I'd like to see some additional talent come in to challenge Bell and Dayne for the starting job. Maybe through the draft. . .
              sigpic

Comment

Good we signed Dayne. But I don't think he is our key player. Still glad they have him signed.
                Emancipate your mind!
                The People's Poster

Comment

Linebacker Keith Burns, defensive end/linebacker Patrick Chukwurah, and defensive tackle Monsanto Pope are the only other Broncos available on the unrestricted free-agent market. Defensive end Marco Coleman is listed as an unrestricted free agent but announced his intention to retire last month

I am sure Keith Burns will sign back on with Denver. He went away once, but he won't again. I want to see Patrick Chukwurah sign on with us also.

Of course Ron Dayne just signed as we know...

This is great, the Broncos are getting most of the players they need re-signed and hopefully they will be able to land some of the players that they want also.
                  Last edited by broncos4ever; 03-11-2006, 05:01 PM. Reason: Recent signing...
                  Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

good news. im expecting big things from dayne next season.
                    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                      It sounds as if the compensation to the Jets has been worked out between the two teams and that all that remains is for Abraham's agent and the Broncos to agree on his contract, making it as cap-friendly as possible.

Of course, the deal could easily blow up at that point if the two sides can't agree on compensation, but we can hope not.

Otherwise, I'd say Abraham coming to Denver looks very probable. As for T.O., he'll have to wait until at least next week. Once the deal with Abraham is done, then the Broncos will know how much $ they have left to sign T.O.

At that point, however, some other one of the 25 teams with more money than the Broncos are likely to have made T.O. an offer he can't refuse (not what he'd like -- i.e. in the $15 million per season range), but an offer he can't refuse because it's the best he can get this year.

I don't see T.O. coming to the Broncos. And I don't see them signing any other veteran WR. That means the only hope of improving on the Broncos mediocre WRs is through the draft.

Only it's supposed to be a rather weak draft for WRs. So, I don't see much help at all.

WR will probably be the weakest link on the team in 2006 now that the defensive line has been strengthened and the perennial problems at CB have all been straightened out.

Personally, I think Ron Dayne will be just as good at RB as Anderson was. And Dayne is younger. Still I'd like to see some additional talent come in to challenge Bell and Dayne for the starting job. Maybe through the draft. . .
                      __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

What do you think of Avant ?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazindro
                        Good deal now were all set with resigning our key players.
                        I hope Dayne becomes a key player. He should be good I think.
                        MMA News
                        MMA News 247

Comment

The First day of Free Agency has gone great

Now all we need to do is bring in Abraham, draft Chad Jackson, and a good cover safety, and this will be the best offseason imaginable to me
                          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel

. . .
                            Cugel,

I love your idea on Abraham, but what makes you think the Jets will pick Denver to trade with? Wouldn't Atlanta have more upside for the Jets? Especially if they are willing to give up their number one?
                            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                              Cugel,

I love your idea on Abraham, but what makes you think the Jets will pick Denver to trade with? Wouldn't Atlanta have more upside for the Jets? Especially if they are willing to give up their number one?
                              Someone reported, I believe it was WABronco and said that the Falcons won't be willing to part with the forst round pick, but thats what he posted and he had a reliable source it sounded like. Plus we do have first two rounders to convince them with, although for Abraham forget about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X