whats wrong with all you people?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats wrong with all you people?!!!

i cannot believe how some of you are acting about the warren deal, 6 years at $36 is not too bad as the contract will probably involve the BIG cap hits coming at the end of the 6 years where we will just re-structure before it becomes a problems.

warren might not be a 'glamour' player but he is essential as a grinder that works the inside of the line and you need that type of player if you want to be successful.

its GOOD that we are re-signing our top FA's, some teams that let go there best players will regret it next season.

and ask yourself this...........if we get JA and draft a DE (like kiwi or some1) then our DE position will be loaded......but if we let warren walk then who would be our 2 DT's next season?????

Originally posted by bronx_2003
    i cannot believe how some of you are acting about the warren deal, 6 years at $36 is not too bad as the contract will probably involve the BIG cap hits coming at the end of the 6 years where we will just re-structure before it becomes a problems.

warren might not be a 'glamour' player but he is essential as a grinder that works the inside of the line and you need that type of player if you want to be successful.

its GOOD that we are re-signing our top FA's, some teams that let go there best players will regret it next season.

and ask yourself this...........if we get JA and draft a DE (like kiwi or some1) then our DE position will be loaded......but if we let warren walk then who would be our 2 DT's next season?????
    I don't have a problem with this move at all......
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I agree i think people are a little pissed because it sounds like a lot.. and without us nowing the hole deal like his cap hit this year gets people worried on how much money we have left to go after people like Aberham and T.O even Jamal lewis!!!

Comment

There are some of us that have no issues with what the Broncos are doing. There are others that are a little impatient. Put me down for having no issues. I like what they have done so far this off-season.
        Last edited by broncos4ever; 03-11-2006, 05:38 PM. Reason: spelling
        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

You said it. Who else are we gunna sign to play DT next year? I'd stick with Big Money.

Comment

4-3, you need another DT and at this point our line needs a DE too (Ekubahn shouldnt start). Warren is getting overpaid, but he's the best option.

Comment

I like the moves! Now, if we can engineer the trade for Abraham, I'd be real happy!

Comment

i just think that warren can be a TOP DT in the league and play very well for us. i dont want the situation again where we are trying to fill the DL with average players and old guys who cant get the job done.

i thought myers looked decent at DT last year but i would like someone brought in at the draft or FA who can play DT.

i heard buckley was a player who could fall to us in the 1st and make an impact.

Comment

I just think its funny how everybody thinks that they know whats best for the Broncos. The salary cap allows you do only do so much. We still have the room to get Abraham. I mean if we get him then we'll be set really. The running game will be there without picking up a FA. Broncos would still have some room to maybe get a WR, if not then we'll draft one or 2 for sure.

Just relax guys. Some of you are really freaking out for no reason at all. Just remember that we can only do so much.

I for one love Warren. You ever really just watch him on a play. He's a BEAST!!!

Comment

Its a great move getting Warren only if Aberham is comming!!!!

Comment

People are having a problem with the 36 million figure.

If it was a four-year 20 million deal there would be less opposition.

The thing is,

In reality, it probably "is" a four year 20 million deal.

For whatever reason, contracts like these are huge in the final year or two.

At that point, they re-work the deal or waive the player.

It's semantics.

Comment

Originally posted by tpoz34
                        Its a great move getting Warren only if Aberham is comming!!!!
                        __________________________________________________ _______________________________

This is truly "the point".

Someone to compliment Warren on that line fixes everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Superchop7
                          People are having a problem with the 36 million figure.

For whatever reason, contracts like these are huge in the final year or two.

At that point, they re-work the deal or waive the player.

It's semantics.
                          Let's see at the last two years doesn't that put Warren 31 years of age??? He may not have the same ability at that time... Besides the signing bonus is the most important to the players because that is the only guaranteed money they see and even is some cases that is not guaranteed.
                          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I like this deal. Gerard was the best fit out there, and his resigning leaves one less need.

I'm pretty sure that Warren's old deal (which was voided) was around 7 mil per year, so maybe this saves us money (???).

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                              Let's see at the last two years doesn't that put Warren 31 years of age??? He may not have the same ability at that time... Besides the signing bonus is the most important to the players because that is the only guaranteed money they see and even is some cases that is not guaranteed.
                              __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Absolutely !

It seems to me that they locked him in for the next four years.

Good for him.

Good for us.

I don't put much credence in the final year or two.......they are always blown out of proportion.

Comment

Working...
                              X