whats wrong with all you people?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bronx_2003
    i cannot believe how some of you are acting about the warren deal, 6 years at $36 is not too bad as the contract will probably involve the BIG cap hits coming at the end of the 6 years where we will just re-structure before it becomes a problems.

warren might not be a 'glamour' player but he is essential as a grinder that works the inside of the line and you need that type of player if you want to be successful.

its GOOD that we are re-signing our top FA's, some teams that let go there best players will regret it next season.

and ask yourself this...........if we get JA and draft a DE (like kiwi or some1) then our DE position will be loaded......but if we let warren walk then who would be our 2 DT's next season?????
    I don't get it. You guys keep thinking you can just keep restructuring contracts, but that just pushes the cap hit back to another year until eventually you have to pay him.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Warren did pretty good for us in his first season in our Defense, im expecting him to improve even more this year, This deal had to be made to keep that middle solid , and it is pretty solid with Warren, Myers and Veal, Now they can work on getting the Ends straight and they just need to Add a free agent or draft a rookie to go along with Brown, Ekuban and Engelberger, I think Brown will step up and take one end spot as a starter, the other side is still up in the air, If they get a good free agent like a John Abraham then he will get that open spot but if they go the way of a drafted rookie DE then i think Ekuban will be the other guy and the rest will just be Depth guys. And for the Abraham fanboys that want him to come to Denver then you should be overjoyed that the warren deal was made because that can only help Abraham decide on Denver , you think he wants to go somewhere that doesnt pay a guy like warren to stay and keep that line solid? Abraham isnt an idiot, he wants to win and he wants to play on a line with some beef in the middle that takes some of the double teams off him, Denver had to take care of warren first if they wanted to go after Abraham.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

If you don't understand, cry about it.

Originally posted by kmartin575
        I don't get it. You guys keep thinking you can just keep restructuring contracts, but that just pushes the cap hit back to another year until eventually you have to pay him.
        __________________________________________________ _________________________________

The thing is,

The "actual" cap hit varies due to teams success.

Teams like the Vikings got a huge cap bonus when their players did not reach their LTBE (Likely to be earned) and other incentives.

The amount of the unearned LTBE's is actually "added" to the next years cap.

The league cap may say 104 million, but for the Vikes it's more like 124 million.

It is not a black and white issue, the Vike's had no idea when they wrote those contracts that their players would underperform and they would be getting a bunch of cap relief.

For this same reason, it is important to remain flexible because the NFL is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. (capwise) Eventually, we may have to pay the piper, eventually we may not, until we know......we don't know, my point is........this is the big leagues, if your afraid to step in the batters box...... you'll never get a hit.

P.S. My God, your crying reminds me of Vermeil.
        Last edited by Superchop7; 03-11-2006, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Where do we start?
          President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
          I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

The swagger is back.

Originally posted by Kapaibro
            Where do we start?
            __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

The thing to keep in mind is that the cap is easily manipulated.

That being said, we had a very good year last year.

The first priority is to keep as many guys as we can from that team.

The next step is to address the deficiencies.

For this team, we are on target to do that.

Deficiency 1- D-line; Abraham and/or draft picks fixes that.

Deficiency 2- WR; The guys we have are as good as anyone we can get in the draft, so, drafting is not an option. Shanny's move here was to bring in Heimerdinger to coach them. (which was absolutely brilliant on his part) I have faith that Heimerdinger will whip these guys into shape, so......that deficiency is "already"addressed.

Deficiency 3- Cover Safety; again, we may have already addresssed this issue, we have a guy named Brandon Browner on the team that could be the answer.

Deficiency 4- TE; We were solid, but not spectacular.......however......this is "the" draft to find spectacular, it is a very solid group coming out.

When you are this close to a championship you pull out all the stops and make it happen, for this team....... it won't take alot to get there. It's not about "where we start", it's more like tying up a few loose ends. (Specifically........Defensive Ends)
            Last edited by Superchop7; 03-11-2006, 07:14 PM.

Comment

and YOU keep telling us how much trouble we are in with the cap-- and funny, our off-season is moving along pretty much how most bronco fans want it to. . .

you seem very interested in our cap status-- i think you have false hope that it will stop us from dominating the division again this year! oh well-- i guess we will take your interest as a form of flattery. . .
              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Superchop7
                People are having a problem with the 36 million figure.

If it was a four-year 20 million deal there would be less opposition.

The thing is,

In reality, it probably "is" a four year 20 million deal.

For whatever reason, contracts like these are huge in the final year or two.

At that point, they re-work the deal or waive the player.

It's semantics.
                Well stated.....I was shocked by the $36 mil. total, but, once the shock wore off, I simply recalled that this always happens with FA signings....not just the Broncos, either. What percentage of free agent deals..... say for 4 years or more with significant $$..... are actually completed without being re-structured.... or eventually cut?? 10% ?? That isn't too low of an estimate, IMO. I am anxious to see the exact terms of his deal, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a 1st year cap value of somewhere around $4 mil., which is about what I expected Warren to get. CP to you......
                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Thats the loophole in the CAP space that alot of teams use, us (KC) we dont use it so we end up with bigger problems in FA than Denver it seems, but 5-10 years down the road they will have debts over thier heads.

It doesnt matter if you win the SB every year or never win a game, if you keep resturcturing contracts you will have to pay eventually wether it hurts your team now or later ....
                  Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                  X