Am I the only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one?

That thinks the reason we had such a hard time getting Warren to re-sign, and for so much money, was Shanny's never ending praise of him during last season?

Don't get me wrong, I think Warren came in and did what was expected of him and probably even margainlly more. I also think he deserved a pay-rise for us to keep him around for a few years.

I am just not sure it should have been this much.

I don't know... It wasn't only Shanny, but a lot of the people around him talking about how well he was playing, and how what he was doing, was allowing the D to step up in other areas... So maybe w just don't know WTH we are talking about.

Just seems to me, he knew the Broncs liked what he did, and was going to squeeze everything he could out of us to stay around.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Warren performed well enough to receive those praises from Shanahan. Warren brought about double teams which should have freed others up. Shanny wanted him so he paid what he thought he's worth. That's why Shanny and Ted makes the contract.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
      That thinks the reason we had such a hard time getting Warren to re-sign, and for so much money, was Shanny's never ending praise of him during last season?

Don't get me wrong, I think Warren came in and did what was expected of him and probably even margainlly more. I also think he deserved a pay-rise for us to keep him around for a few years.

I am just not sure it should have been this much.

I don't know... It wasn't only Shanny, but a lot of the people around him talking about how well he was playing, and how what he was doing, was allowing the D to step up in other areas... So maybe w just don't know WTH we are talking about.

Just seems to me, he knew the Broncs liked what he did, and was going to squeeze everything he could out of us to stay around.

The NFL players watch the same video as the coaches watch. Each and every player knows what each member of the team did correctly and where they screwed up. There are no surprises. No being unsure of where you stand.

Whether Mike Shanahan praised Gerrard or not Warren knew what the team thought of him. I would think that both he and his agent had a pretty good idea of what other teams with similar defenses might think of him as well.

Comment

Working...
      X