No announcement yet.

the best way to look at QG, CS and AG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can understand saying that QG outclassed Sapp, but how can he have outclassed a guy who was on IR all season.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

The word here from what I heard is QG is the starter. It is his job to lose.

Of course they are not saying there will not be competition. Just like there was when Terrell came into training camp and we had all kinds of injuries to the running backs.

Galloway will need to be really impressive in training camp and in NFL Europe.
      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
        The word here from what I heard is QG is the starter. It is his job to lose.

Of course they are not saying there will not be competition. Just like there was when Terrell came into training camp and we had all kinds of injuries to the running backs.

Galloway will need to be really impressive in training camp and in NFL Europe.
        Where did you hear that? Everything that I have read to this point hasn't put anyone definitively in the starting position. The last thing I can remember reading was that as of right now Griffin and Galloway are the front runners, with an edge to QG because he did see some action this season. Hey if you can point to an article I would sure like to read it. Btw are we about ready to plan for getting together for game this next season?

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
          Where did you hear that? Everything that I have read to this point hasn't put anyone definitively in the starting position. The last thing I can remember reading was that as of right now Griffin and Galloway are the front runners, with an edge to QG because he did see some action this season. Hey if you can point to an article I would sure like to read it. Btw are we about ready to plan for getting together for game this next season?
          Sundquist mentioned Griffin in one of his quotes.... I can't find it right now, but he said something to the fact that Denver would do fine as far as its running backs whether it would be Quentin Griffin or someone else. So Quentin sounds like he is the first guy at this time and it is his job to lose.

All other sports reporters are pointing toward Griffin also...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/c...fla-sports-col

Shanahan saw a Portis problem developing a year ago, after the former University of Miami star's mesmerizing rookie season. He immediately wanted to redo his contract. Shanahan's counter was to draft Griffin.

At 5 feet 7 and 195 pounds, Griffin's forte is the juke and the feint and, gaining playing time because of Portis' late-season injury, he ran up 345 yards for a 3.7 average. Nothing spectacular, but he showed enough elusiveness to make Shanahan feel more comfortable letting Portis getting away.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1751148

Shanahan insisted the Broncos would find a competent running back to replace Portis, noting that Mike Anderson and Quentin Griffin are the leading candidates. Anderson rushed for 1,487 yards as a rookie in 2000 but since has moved to fullback.

Peter King...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ng/03/01/mmqb/

I think the reason Denver comes out ahead is not only because it's harder to find a shutdown corner than it is to find a 1,400-yard back. (You can look it up. In Mike Shanahan's nine seasons at the helm, in six season the Broncos have had a back gain more than 1,400 in a season -- Terrell Davis three times, Mike Anderson once, Portis twice. But the other reason is that Washington is also handing over a second-round pick in the deal. Why? The Redskins are basically trading one of the three best corners in football, a guy who is 25 years old, PLUS the 42nd pick in the draft for one of the five best backs in football. Shanahan has had four different backs who posted 1,000-yard seasons during his tenure, and none were players who were drafted in the first round. He'll make another one out of Quentin Griffin, the kid from Oklahoma taken in the fourth round last year.

At training camp the person that will be working out with the starters will be Quentin Griffin, if he does not get hurt. I would bet money on it.

Comment

Btw are we about ready to plan for getting together for game this next season?

I have a friend whom I can get four tickets from that has seats in the South Stands. We will need to find out though the schedule times and that has not been posted yet as far as I know...

I also own two seats in the Northeast upper stands that I could use for that game if needed.

Comment

I have a friend whom I can get four tickets from that has seats in the South Stands. We will need to find out though the schedule times and that has not been posted yet as far as I know...

I also own two seats in the Northeast upper stands that I could use for that game if needed.
              Damn, no room for a Chick!

If you ever hear of any other tix becoming available, let me know, will you?

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_chick
                Damn, no room for a Chick!

If you ever hear of any other tix becoming available, let me know, will you?
                I can do that. I have a lot of contacts. Depends on where you want to sit and what game you are looking at.

Comment

I can understand saying that QG outclassed Sapp, but how can he have outclassed a guy who was on IR all season.
                  That means he is REALLY good!!!!
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Sundquist mentioned Griffin in one of his quotes.... I can't find it right now, but he said something to the fact that Denver would do fine as far as its running backs whether it would be Quentin Griffin or someone else. So Quentin sounds like he is the first guy at this time and it is his job to lose.

All other sports reporters are pointing toward Griffin also...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/c...fla-sports-col

Shanahan saw a Portis problem developing a year ago, after the former University of Miami star's mesmerizing rookie season. He immediately wanted to redo his contract. Shanahan's counter was to draft Griffin.

At 5 feet 7 and 195 pounds, Griffin's forte is the juke and the feint and, gaining playing time because of Portis' late-season injury, he ran up 345 yards for a 3.7 average. Nothing spectacular, but he showed enough elusiveness to make Shanahan feel more comfortable letting Portis getting away.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1751148

Shanahan insisted the Broncos would find a competent running back to replace Portis, noting that Mike Anderson and Quentin Griffin are the leading candidates. Anderson rushed for 1,487 yards as a rookie in 2000 but since has moved to fullback.

Peter King...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ng/03/01/mmqb/

I think the reason Denver comes out ahead is not only because it's harder to find a shutdown corner than it is to find a 1,400-yard back. (You can look it up. In Mike Shanahan's nine seasons at the helm, in six season the Broncos have had a back gain more than 1,400 in a season -- Terrell Davis three times, Mike Anderson once, Portis twice. But the other reason is that Washington is also handing over a second-round pick in the deal. Why? The Redskins are basically trading one of the three best corners in football, a guy who is 25 years old, PLUS the 42nd pick in the draft for one of the five best backs in football. Shanahan has had four different backs who posted 1,000-yard seasons during his tenure, and none were players who were drafted in the first round. He'll make another one out of Quentin Griffin, the kid from Oklahoma taken in the fourth round last year.

At training camp the person that will be working out with the starters will be Quentin Griffin, if he does not get hurt. I would bet money on it.
                    Thanks b4e. There is one quote I saw from Sundquist on Broncos homepage, where he said something to the effect that Griffin or Galloway or someone from the draft will be the focus of the running game. I can see that Griffin has the inside track because he did get to play, but if Broncos were not that high on Galloway I don't see them sending him to NFL Europe. I don't disagree with your assessment it makes since that Griffin would get work out with starters first, but I would also bet money that Galloway will also long look and will be given a chance to beat Griffin out for that starting running back slot.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                    X