X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andre carter

Broncos | Team interested in A. Carter
    Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:13:04 -0800

Jason La Canfora and Howard Bryant, of the Washington Post, reports free agent LB Andre Carter (49ers) is drawing interest from the Denver Broncos.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

if we cant get abraham i want denver to sign this guy then make a push for T.O. and jamal lewis

Comment

WE DONT NEED A LINEBACKER

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan8791
        Broncos | Team interested in A. Carter
        Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:13:04 -0800

Jason La Canfora and Howard Bryant, of the Washington Post, reports free agent LB Andre Carter (49ers) is drawing interest from the Denver Broncos.

just for depth I guess???

Comment

Originally posted by darrentwilliams
          yea we DONT need a linebacker...mabe we are switching to 3-4??probly not

i dunno we will just have to wait

Comment

he plays DE aswell

Comment

Originally posted by jvw
              he plays DE aswell
              thank god he is a DE i waz gettin worried...but now...

Redskins | A. Carter visits team
              Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:13:46 -0800

Jason La Canfora and Howard Bryant, of the Washington Post, reports free agent LB Andre Carter (49ers) completed his visit with the Washington Redskins Sunday, March 12, and left without signing a contract offer sheet from the team.

Comment

Carter was a DE when he entered the League.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan8791
                  yea we DONT need a linebacker...mabe we are switching to 3-4??probly not

i dunno we will just have to wait

this was his first year playing linebacker because the 9ers went to a 3-4. he would go back to being a DE here.

its hard to tell from the stats what he has to offer. in his second year he notched 12.5 sacks, but then went down to 6.5 the next year. was this a case of him having limited pass rush moves that got figured out, or something else?

the last two years he has only had 6.5 sacks, but he missed 9 games two years ago, and was playing a new position last season. he's got good size and athleticism, should come cheaper than abe and wouldnt cost us a first rounder. i think he would be worth a look.
                  "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

I would love to get this guys if we dont get Abraham......He is a quick (4.7-40 time), slender speed rusher that the Broncos have never really had.....We have pretty much always had power rushers.....But I'm hoping for Abraham over this guy........
                    "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
                    R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
                      this was his first year playing linebacker because the 9ers went to a 3-4. he would go back to being a DE here.

its hard to tell from the stats what he has to offer. in his second year he notched 12.5 sacks, but then went down to 6.5 the next year. was this a case of him having limited pass rush moves that got figured out, or something else?

the last two years he has only had 6.5 sacks, but he missed 9 games two years ago, and was playing a new position last season. he's got good size and athleticism, should come cheaper than abe and wouldnt cost us a first rounder. i think he would be worth a look.
                      Not bad if he signed cheaply........ONLY after the John Abraham situation is sorted out. However, wouldn't it be a lot better to draft a DE in the 1st rd. if we don't get Abraham?? If Dan Snyder likes him, Carter will be too expensive, IMO. I'd rather throw money at Ryan Pickett....... actually, I'd lean towards taking Pickett over Abraham..... lower price tag, leaves us with 2 first round picks. It would be impossible to double team both Warren and Pickett...... and good luck running vs. a line featuring Warren/Pickett/Brown.

EDIT: Don't take this post to mean I am against getting Abraham....he would be a GREAT addition. It's simply another idea....... though after needing a DE as a 1st rd. pick EVERY year for quite some time, unfortunately I can't say Shanahan drafting one that high is a lock......
                      Last edited by keithbishop; 03-12-2006, 03:20 PM.
                      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

I Think His Dad Played For The Broncos Years Back, If The Broncos Push Hard Enough We'll Get Him . I Think He Would Love To Play For The Same Team His Dad Did And Maybe Wear The Same Number.

Comment

Originally posted by nas1
                          I Think His Dad Played For The Broncos Years Back, If The Broncos Push Hard Enough We'll Get Him . I Think He Would Love To Play For The Same Team His Dad Did And Maybe Wear The Same Number.
                          Ruben Carter yes DT
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

oh geez. Pass on this guy.
                            Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

For all the people wondering... Andre Carter is a 4-3 end and a 3-4 OLB... He'd be great for us
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X