Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cugel
    replied
    "Denver is uncertain who its backup quarterback will be, but it has a new candidate to throw into the mix as it signed former Houston quarterback Mike Quinn, who spent the past four games last season with the Texans. A seven-year NFL veteran, Quinn has bounced from Pittsburgh to Dallas to Miami to Houston, playing four NFL games and completing 2-of-3 passes for 20 yards."

-- D.Post
    Woo Hoo! 2 of 3 for 20 yards after 7 years as a nondescript free agent! I can just hear the Hall of Fame calling, can't you?

In the old days this was called "signing bodies" to run practices with. Wait till this guy makes the final roster before wasting anymore "ink" on him or endlessly discussing his "potential." If he can be the next Jarious Jackson (emergency quarterback) that would be a plus. My money at this point is on no, he doesn't make the final roster and this is an asterisk to the 2004 season.

Leave a comment:

• dhall26
    replied
    Mike Quinn? Well, he sure isn't the Mighty Quinn!

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    lol i think you mean

bailey walls herndon middlebrooks, spencer or mcneil(if we sign them, THEn turner, i think turner is just for special teams right, did he play last year on defense?
    we signed him late last year w/ bout 4-5 games left last year n yes he played on special teams...he prolly get a chance 2 compete 4 the nickel spot....

Leave a comment:

• TheGlue Factory
    replied
    Originally posted by mattos
    dollar sale? i can't figure it out.
    CAn he be any worse than Kanell or Jackson? Besides, just because we sign 'em doesn't mean we have to play 'em. Shanny's style is to get a bunch of people that look good onto the practice field and see how they do.

Leave a comment:

• mattos
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim
    So why did we sign this Mike Quinn fella? To replace Kanell?
    dollar sale? i can't figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Well, he has thrown 20 yards his whole career...:p

Who knows, maybe we'll turn him into another Elway...

Leave a comment:

• DPg2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim
    I've never heard of him and I heard he hasn't played in years. I don't know why we signed this guy.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DPg2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    lol i think you mean

bailey walls herndon middlebrooks, spencer or mcneil(if we sign them, THEn turner, i think turner is just for special teams right, did he play last year on defense?
    You're right, I think we signed Turner strictly for Special Teams. I don't think we will re-sign McNeil unless he's gonna play S. Hopefully Middlebrooks will step up and allow us to run the Dime Package this year. I like the kid but he can't seem to get fully healthy.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
    No, Kelly, Lenny, Champ, Scott, Jimmy...we don't need anymore
    lol i think you mean

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Yup! Its true, check out homepage!

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by Eight
    Could be, just have to wait and see
    guess so

Leave a comment:

• DPg2003
    replied
    No, Kelly, Lenny, Champ, Scott, Jimmy...we don't need anymore
    I think Spencer is going to be a coach only this year. He's an UFA and I don't think they will give him a player contract. Don't forget Willie Middlebrooks either. He's probably better at S though.

Leave a comment:

• Eight
    replied
    but saying that we signed Quinn, and Turner the only place I can find it is on www.theredzone.org it wasn't on ESPN.com, CBSSportsline.com, it wasn't on ESPN or ESPNNEWS sports ticker....hmmm....false info??
    Could be, just have to wait and see

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    but saying that we signed Quinn, and Turner the only place I can find it is on www.theredzone.org it wasn't on ESPN.com, CBSSportsline.com, it wasn't on ESPN or ESPNNEWS sports ticker....hmmm....false info??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X