Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Anderson to Baltimore

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mike Anderson to Baltimore

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ports-football

    From the Baltimore Sun

    Ravens agree to 4-year deal with Mike Anderson
    Broncos RB will make close to $8M; Baltimore also signs ex-Bill Bannan, retains Bart Scott; Punter Zastudil headed to Browns



    By Jamison Hensley
    Sun Reporter

    March 12, 2006, 10:19 PM EST

    The Ravens agreed in principle Sunday night on a four-year deal with Mike Anderson, who expects to take over for Jamal Lewis as the team's starting running back. The total worth of the deal is believed to be $8 million with a $2 million signing bonus.

    Anderson, 32, gained 1,014 yards rushing and scored 12 touchdowns last season for the Denver Broncos.

    Anderson beat Jamal Lewis for the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year award in 2000, when he gained 1,487 yards and scored 15 touchdowns. Anderson's numbers declined from 2001 to 2003, when he averaged 440 yards. He was sidelined for the entire 2004 season because of a groin injury.

    Earlier in the day, Baltimore signed linebacker Bart Scott to a three-year deal, a league source said.

    The Ravens were able to beat out the Cleveland Browns, who were courting Scott for two days at their facility.

    Scott will receive a total deal worth $13.5 million, including a $6.5 million signing bonus. He is scheduled to earn $1 million this season, $2.6 million in 2007 and $3.4 million in 2008.

    Scott, 25, proved he can be a starter in the NFL last season when he replaced injured Ray Lewis. He finished second in tackles with 119 and had 4 1/2 sacks.

    The Ravens also reached an agreement with defensive tackle Justin Bannan on a four-year contract Sunday, his agent confirmed.

    According to a league source, the Ravens gave Bannan a $3 million signing bonus.

    Bannan, 26, was a backup to Sam Adams with the Buffalo Bills but started seven of the final eight games last season. In 55 career games with the Bills, he had 78 tackles and 2 1/2 sacks.

    At 6 feet 3, 305 pounds, Bannan is considered a high-effort defender.

    Over the first two days of free agency, the Ravens attempted to sign Maake Kemoeatu (who went to Carolina) and Ted Washington (Browns). The Ravens chose not to pursue veterans such as Adams and Grady Jackson.

    The only interior linemen on the Ravens' roster with any experience are Kelly Gregg, Dwan Edwards and Aubrayo Franklin.

    Meanwhile, the Browns signed punter Dave Zastudil, a fourth-round pick by the Ravens in 2002, is returning home by signing with the Browns. He attended high school and college in Ohio.

    Last season, Zastudil averaged a career-best 43.5 yards a punt. His final decision came down to the Browns and the Ravens.

    Browns general manager Phil Savage is familiar with Zastudil because he was the long-time scouting director for the Ravens. The Associated Press reported Zastudil agreed to a 5-year deal.

    Two days into free agency, the Ravens have signed two players (Bannan and defensive end Trevor Pryce) and lost four of their own free agents (Zastudil, Kemoeatu, defensive end Tony Weaver and running back Chester Taylor).

  • #2
    Seen that... Man, it's going to suck seeing him in a different uniform... Hopefully he succeeds there though, seeing that he'll be the starting back for them
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Sad to see him go but we weren't willing to pay him that much and they paid him about what we were scheduled to. I think we can find the production elsewhere, I just hope we don't miss his character.

      Now all they need is Putz then they would have signed all 3 of our guys that we cut loose.
      Last edited by brom66an6; 03-12-2006, 07:30 PM.
      Smith's First Catch
      "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

      Comment


      • #4
        Okay, so now the big question. Does signing Anderson take the Ravens out of contention for a RB pick in the first?

        Comment


        • #5
          Im assuming we play the Ravens this year. Tp and Ma vs. Broncos and Jamal Lewis.
          A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Perry1977
            Okay, so now the big question. Does signing Anderson take the Ravens out of contention for a RB pick in the first?
            Maroney, White, and Williams may all fall to us now
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Perry1977
              Okay, so now the big question. Does signing Anderson take the Ravens out of contention for a RB pick in the first?

              I don't think so. I still think they draft Lendale or Deangelo (most likely Deangelo IMO) with their first round pick because they already lost Chester Taylor and it looks like they'll lose Jamal Lewis (to us), plus Mike Anderson probably only has a few good seasons left in the tank.

              Comment


              • #8
                damn it sucks seein mike in a diffrent uniform, but ill b happy seein jamal here though. i rather have kept anderson then bell or dayne thats for sure


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by WABronco
                  http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ports-football

                  From the Baltimore Sun

                  Ravens agree to 4-year deal with Mike Anderson
                  Broncos RB will make close to $8M; Baltimore also signs ex-Bill Bannan, retains Bart Scott; Punter Zastudil headed to Browns



                  By Jamison Hensley
                  Sun Reporter

                  March 12, 2006, 10:19 PM EST

                  The Ravens agreed in principle Sunday night on a four-year deal with Mike Anderson, who expects to take over for Jamal Lewis as the team's starting running back. The total worth of the deal is believed to be $8 million with a $2 million signing bonus.

                  Anderson, 32, gained 1,014 yards rushing and scored 12 touchdowns last season for the Denver Broncos.

                  Anderson beat Jamal Lewis for the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year award in 2000, when he gained 1,487 yards and scored 15 touchdowns. Anderson's numbers declined from 2001 to 2003, when he averaged 440 yards. He was sidelined for the entire 2004 season because of a groin injury.

                  Earlier in the day, Baltimore signed linebacker Bart Scott to a three-year deal, a league source said.

                  The Ravens were able to beat out the Cleveland Browns, who were courting Scott for two days at their facility.

                  Scott will receive a total deal worth $13.5 million, including a $6.5 million signing bonus. He is scheduled to earn $1 million this season, $2.6 million in 2007 and $3.4 million in 2008.

                  Scott, 25, proved he can be a starter in the NFL last season when he replaced injured Ray Lewis. He finished second in tackles with 119 and had 4 1/2 sacks.

                  The Ravens also reached an agreement with defensive tackle Justin Bannan on a four-year contract Sunday, his agent confirmed.

                  According to a league source, the Ravens gave Bannan a $3 million signing bonus.

                  Bannan, 26, was a backup to Sam Adams with the Buffalo Bills but started seven of the final eight games last season. In 55 career games with the Bills, he had 78 tackles and 2 1/2 sacks.

                  At 6 feet 3, 305 pounds, Bannan is considered a high-effort defender.

                  Over the first two days of free agency, the Ravens attempted to sign Maake Kemoeatu (who went to Carolina) and Ted Washington (Browns). The Ravens chose not to pursue veterans such as Adams and Grady Jackson.

                  The only interior linemen on the Ravens' roster with any experience are Kelly Gregg, Dwan Edwards and Aubrayo Franklin.

                  Meanwhile, the Browns signed punter Dave Zastudil, a fourth-round pick by the Ravens in 2002, is returning home by signing with the Browns. He attended high school and college in Ohio.

                  Last season, Zastudil averaged a career-best 43.5 yards a punt. His final decision came down to the Browns and the Ravens.

                  Browns general manager Phil Savage is familiar with Zastudil because he was the long-time scouting director for the Ravens. The Associated Press reported Zastudil agreed to a 5-year deal.

                  Two days into free agency, the Ravens have signed two players (Bannan and defensive end Trevor Pryce) and lost four of their own free agents (Zastudil, Kemoeatu, defensive end Tony Weaver and running back Chester Taylor).
                  This tells me that Jamal Lewis refused their offer, and thus will sign with the Broncos!.......Yeah!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                    Seen that... Man, it's going to suck seeing him in a different uniform... Hopefully he succeeds there though, seeing that he'll be the starting back for them
                    Hes going to get pounded if he gots to play us.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If Jamal Lewis does sign, it's going to be hard to root for him.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        lady's and gentlemen this article means that lewis is on his way 2 being our starting running back. well i hope so, thank god.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jarious17
                          This tells me that Jamal Lewis refused their offer, and thus will sign with the Broncos!.......Yeah!
                          Yup, this just shows that they lost contact with Lew, and they moved on!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by brom66an6
                            Sad to see him go but we weren't willing to pay him that much and they paid him about what we were scheduled to. I think we can find the production elsewhere, I just hope we don't miss his character.

                            Now all they need is Putz then they would have signed all 3 of our guys that we cut loose.
                            Eh, just another one of those byproducts of the system... I sound like a broken record but did we miss Ruben (who?) at all? Nope, just filled the position with 2/3 RB's and don't forget Bell was less than 100 yards to getting 1,000 yards..

                            We won't miss him, I think Tatum still has the making to be a huge star..just needs to hang on to that ball... Dayne can fill the roll as well too, without Dayne, we wouldn't of won 2 games...
                            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Perry1977
                              If Jamal Lewis does sign, it's going to be hard to root for him.
                              thats ok bro others will..


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X