tatum and dayne baby...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tatum and dayne baby...

sorry to start a new thread like this but its gotta be done...excuse me while i laugh histerically at all the guarantees that some people made about jamal lewis coming to denver...at first, i wasnt sold on the dayne/bell combo...but it has grown on me, i think tatum and dayne will dominate next season

Tatum and Dayne are both average backs, and I think Shanny agrees with me. Why else would he be pursuing Ricky Williams and Jamal Lewis?

To be a dominant offense, you need a dominant runner, at least one marquee receiver, and a solid offensive line. We have the offensive line, now it's time to fill the other two needs.

Comment

listen, they might be "average" backs, but to be successful in this system you dont need a superstar back...mike and tatum rushed for a combined 2000 yards last season, i believe that dayne could easily replace anderson and get just as many yards...also tatum will be better this season, its his 3rd year in the league

Comment

...and Dayne is younger than MA...right?

Iwas in Dallas on Thanksgiving and Dayne looked a lot faster in person than people give him credit for!! You guys should have heard how quiet it got after that little scamper in Ot.

Yet I'm not completely sold until I see him perform well while getting 50% of the carries.

Just glad we kept our O-line...take care
        http://www.easports.com/madden06/profile.jsp?server=madden2006&playername=XEngageEi ghtX&player=XEngageEightX&platform=xbl
        EA SPORTS Madden NFL 06 Profile

Comment

I like Ron Dayne....

I don't really like Tatum Bell, but that can change....with a 1,500 yard season and a superbowl championship

Comment

Rod is that reciever, for now.

I do agree that our running backs make you sit back and scratch your head. I dont think the combo of Dayne/Bell scares anyone.

Denver is missing a #3 wr and a running back who can both run inside/outside of the tackles. It is possbile Dayne could be that guy given the chance, but im not sold on that yet.

Also, im not a Putz fan, but his release left a hole in that position for a possesion TE. Duke is not the answer yet, and Alex, well, if all he does is block we are okay.

Anyway I am just rambling. Although I do believe that Denver will make a move for a running back at some point, be it day 1 draft or free agent of some sort.

Comment

I don't think that they can do any worst then MA and Bell did last year. They should do just as good or better. But I do agree with you who doesn't want a big name back that strikes fear in dl. The only thing in denver is that our no name guys do it just fine every year. Teams will always be scared of our rush attack. What we need to do is get a runner and make him that big named back(home grown)

Comment

Originally posted by CHUMP-to-CHAMP
                I don't think that they can do any worst then MA and Bell did last year. They should do just as good or better. But I do agree with you who doesn't want a big name back that strikes fear in dl. The only thing in denver is that our no name guys do it just fine every year. Teams will always be scared of our rush attack. What we need to do is get a runner and make him that big named back(home grown)

a big name back??? heres something you may or may not know, terrell davis, the back who won us two superbowls, WAS A SIXTH ROUND PICK...he thrived in the denver system and made himself a big name back...just give tatum a shot, he can be the homegrown stud everyone is looking for

Comment

Originally posted by mrbell26
                  a big name back??? heres something you may or may not know, terrell davis, the back who won us two superbowls, WAS A SIXTH ROUND PICK...he thrived in the denver system and made himself a big name back...just give tatum a shot, he can be the homegrown stud everyone is looking for
                  ya i think we already gave tatum a shot. I like his speed but he is injury prone and doenst know how to hit the hole. A guy touches him and he falls down.

Comment

congrats 2 the all the lewis hatters hope u guys are happy now that we aint getting the guy, now we are stuck with sorry ass bell, and dayne . what a joke man.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan2616
                      ya i think we already gave tatum a shot. I like his speed but he is injury prone and doenst know how to hit the hole. A guy touches him and he falls down.
                      now this is exactly what i tihnk about bell, lol what a joke serious

Comment

Tatum is like Willie Parker from the Steelers, and he started. Instead of trying to give Tatum 30-35 carries a game (which he cannot do), simply give Dayne 10-15 carries until Tatum decides to bulk up a bit.

Comment

gave him a shot? he barely played his rc year, and lst year he was a secondary back with less than 200 carries...i dont call that given a shot...is anybody else excited to see what he can do if he can handle gettin 300+ carries?? hes packing on pounds in the offseason, i see 1500 yards in the near future for tatum

Comment

Originally posted by LABRONCO
                            congrats 2 the all the lewis hatters hope u guys are happy now that we aint getting the guy, now we are stuck with sorry ass bell, and dayne . what a joke man.

While it is clear that you dislike the moves of the front office, please don't post off topic posts out of anger or disappointment.

Feel free to start a new thread, thanks.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

tatum bell wont b able 2 even carry the ball 30 times a game bro lol. cause if he does he may get injured, is there any other rb FA out there just incase?????

Comment

Working...
                              X