Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos actually been to a game at mile high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss old mile high. =( I miss those narrow shakey metal walkways that you would zigzag down after a game. They would make so much noise when people walked down them. Invesco has the huge extra wide concrete ramps, and they are no fun!! It wasn't just the stadium though, the fans were better back then too. We are now too diluted to be as effective in our own stadium as we used to be. Too many corporate coneheads at the games, and far too many transplants who have moved from their sub standard cities to beautiful Colorado!!

Hehe.

Comment

I haven't but I got friends that were in Denver during games and it's like the entire city shuts down and parking becomes 50 dollars just to [email protected]#!

Now that's crazy! I would just bike it.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I have been to several games at Mile High Stadium but I have never been to Invesco Field.

Sure, Mile High Stadium was a decrepit old heap of decaying scrap metal but it was an exciting place to see a game. Where else could you experience an NFL game; plus, have all the excitement of riding one of those rickety old roller coaster rides at the old Elitch Gardens (38th Ave & Tennyson) at the same time? Kind of a 2 for one deal! LOL!
        Last edited by Aardwolf; 11-13-2003, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Well you know I had a great time at Invesco, but I don't think that the name helps, hard to fall in love with a place called "invesco".

I know that corporate sponsorship is how allot of these places get built, but I think there should be a law somewhere stating that they are NOT allowed to name the actual stadium after the company...I mean where's the soul in the name "invesco"?
          I love Clinton, and I don't mean Bill.

Comment

What are you talkin about kcdomination? Trhe Broncos have sold out there stadiums for 3 decades now!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Got down there the last season of the original Mile High and watched the Broncs lose to the patriots. Still had a fantastic time. now to get back and check out the new mile high....

Comment

Mile high stadium was a magical place to be. I was saddened when I saw it in rubble. Many historic moments. I was witness to TD crosing the 2000 yard mark against Seatle. Elway broke some records that day also. One of the several games I was able to sit in the seats of Mile High Stadium.

Comment

went to a game in the last season of mile high. The San Diego game where Gus Ferrotte set the single game record. I was on the last row in the north side.

I went to a game the following season (First season in Invesco) and sat front row in the south stands. Played washington...lost. sucked bad.

Comment

I saw my first ever Broncos home game this season when we beat the Steelers. The atmosphere was great and I got to see one hell of a ballgame. I was disappointed I didn't get to see Jake play, but the Broncos winning on a last second field goal by Elam is an exprience I will never forget. As a South Dakota resident, I don't get the opportunity to get to Denver alot; however, I am looking forward to graduating law school and becoming a Denver resident and a Broncos season ticket holder!!

Welcome back Jake and Go Broncos!!

Comment

<<Welcome back Jake and Go Broncos!!>>

Yes sir!!! Go Broncos!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X