along with DE its just as important we need a DT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• along with DE its just as important we need a DT

even if we were to get a top DE its not gonna be much different then last year if we dont also pick up a good DT. cuz a lot of times on the line the guy is only as good as the one next to him.

im really hopin for rocky bernard.

you guys wonder if ted sunquist reads this board??...

Originally posted by Pvt_MooseTurd
    even if we were to get a top DE its not gonna be much different then last year if we dont also pick up a good DT. cuz a lot of times on the line the guy is only as good as the one next to him.

We have a good DT warren he will get doubled and i read somewhere that abraham is going to meet with us soon.

if Ted read this board we would have all these guy we wouldnt need.

Comment

WE HAD WARREN LAST YEAR and how much did it help price brown and ekuban??..

we were great against the run, good at getting pressure but closing the sack was near impossible...

so we need another DT..

plus whos gonna be on the other side of brown? someone from last year? yah thats not gonna work, brown will get pressure but will most likely not even break 8 sacks.

Comment

we will probably draft a DT. i hope we get a medium sized one that has speed

Comment

We did make it to the AFC Championship with the line we had. So I think if we can add an Andre Carter and another defensive lineman we will be great.
          Broncos fans since age 6.
          Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
          Favorite Player: John Elway
          Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

Comment

I think that if we get Abraham, there is a good possibility on drafting a DT in the first round. Brodrick Bunkley might be a good fit next to Warren, if he drops to us. I've been rooting for Kiwanuka or Hali up until now, but with Courtney Brown wrapped up for years, we won't need another DE after bringing in Abraham.
            I'm officially eating crow. I support McDaniels.

Wishing for Jared Odrick in 2009.

sigpic

Comment

as MUG would say we need a UT ..i think if denver gets abrham or carter that frees up the pick for DT TE or WR as my primary wishes
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

WE HAD WARREN LAST YEAR and how much did it help price brown and ekuban??..

we were great against the run, good at getting pressure but closing the sack was near impossible...

so we need another DT..

plus whos gonna be on the other side of brown? someone from last year? yah thats not gonna work, brown will get pressure but will most likely not even break 8 sacks.
                Eight sacks?!!! Brown has never come close to eight sacks! Last year he had 2! If he has 4 next year that would be great! About all you could possibly expect.

Brown just isn't that fast. He's not a pass-rush threat. He's very strong, but so are the OL, so that cancels out. About the best you can say for him is that he does his job at containing the end (most of the time) and plays the run well. The Steelers were able to run at will around Trevor Pryce's (right) end in the Championship game, but they didn't try that as much to Courtney Brown's side.

Don't expect Brown, Ekuban, Engleberger and Warren to get more than 12 sacks combined on the year. Last year they had a grand total of 9.
                sigpic

Comment

PMT I'm said the same thing on other occasions in rescent weeks about us getting another DT.

I doubt Sudquist gives even a fleeting thought to this MB.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                    Eight sacks?!!! Brown has never come close to eight sacks! Last year he had 2! If he has 4 next year that would be great! About all you could possibly expect.

Brown just isn't that fast. He's not a pass-rush threat. He's very strong, but so are the OL, so that cancels out. About the best you can say for him is that he does his job at containing the end (most of the time) and plays the run well. The Steelers were able to run at will around Trevor Pryce's (right) end in the Championship game, but they didn't try that as much to Courtney Brown's side.

Don't expect Brown, Ekuban, Engleberger and Warren to get more than 12 sacks combined on the year. Last year they had a grand total of 9.

ok so maybe i went a little overbord with eight but **** if we solidify the rest of the line im just sayin i could see a seahawk effect. where not one guy really stands out but the group gets a bunch... and for anyone who doesnt know the seahawks were number one in sacks last season

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2005

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel

Actually he has come close that number. In 2003 he had 6 sacks for a negative 33 yards while playing for the Browns.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        Actually he has come close that number. In 2003 he had 6 sacks for a negative 33 yards while playing for the Browns.
                        Yeah, and he had ZERO in 2004! What's your point? Six is not eight! I stand by my statement that Courtney Brown has never had eight sacks in a season and won't this year.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if he had more than 4, and that would double his output from 2005!
                        sigpic

Comment

We won't draft a DT. We never do. We won't draft an Under Tackle because we don't like penetrating DTs, we like cloggers. So, in the event we did draft a DT, which we wont because the world would explode, it would be a clogger.

I'll be holding out hope we look at Oshinowo or Rod Wright at 29 if we keep the selection. But we won't.

We have a pattern concerning drafts. And in my mind, that pattern suggests we will draft a safety, tight end, or Wide Receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                            We won't draft a DT. We never do. We won't draft an Under Tackle because we don't like penetrating DTs, we like cloggers. So, in the event we did draft a DT, which we wont because the world would explode, it would be a clogger.

I'll be holding out hope we look at Oshinowo or Rod Wright at 29 if we keep the selection. But we won't.

We have a pattern concerning drafts. And in my mind, that pattern suggests we will draft a safety, tight end, or Wide Receiver.

We have never drafted a bonafide TE under Mikey.
                            Lots of LB's Wr's and DB's, those are the most likely, but never ever a TE.

Comment

i agree that we need another DT to go along with Warren. if we can trade for abraham and pickup Broderick Bunkley with our other #1 pick we would finally have a dominant D-line. And depth too!!!!! What a defense if we had a great D-line to go with the best 'backers in the NFL and Mr. Champ Bailey and the rest of the DB's would get a bunch more interceptions thanks to the QB pressure. Upgrade the D-Line!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X