X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by bcbronc
    in the same vein as sam adams i would put grady jackson. grady and warren would definately clog up the middle of the field. i wouldnt pay a ton for either of them, but if they came cheap i think they fit in well. that would give us like 700lbs of beef anchoring our defense.

Not sure you can call adams or jackson beef.

Seems more like pork to me.

Leave a comment:

• keithbishop
    replied
    Originally posted by bcbronc
    in the same vein as sam adams i would put grady jackson. grady and warren would definately clog up the middle of the field. i wouldnt pay a ton for either of them, but if they came cheap i think they fit in well. that would give us like 700lbs of beef anchoring our defense.
    I agree that Jackson would be a good addition. Denver rotates its' DL a lot, so I'm not overly concerned about the age of Adams or Jackson....... I would still hope that we draft a DT in the 1st 2 rds., though. Adding a good pass-rushing DE and 2 DT's would give us a dominant defense, IMO. Imagine how happy Al Wilson would be playing behind 2 huge DT's.

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    Originally posted by keithbishop
    It looks as though Ryan Pickett already has serious offers from the Rams and Packers...... I would like to see Denver sign him, but his price tag may be too high at this point. A more reasonably priced DT would be Russell Davis. He went from a bust with the Bears to a solid starter for the Cardinals. Davis would represent a significant upgrade from Myers, IMO. Even though Sam Adams is entering his 13th season, I believe he has another good year or 2 left in him. If Adams played next to Warren, we could have a devastating push up the middle. Adams could settle for a 1-year deal on a contender like the Broncos. Rocky Bernard is also an interesting FA. I would like to see one of them added if we can't get Abraham. A DT could still be drafted in the 1st or 2nd rd...... Myers and Veal would be good as backups, but I wouldn't mind adding 2 DT's to displace Myers. 3 CB's were drafted last year........ signing 1 FA DL and drafting 2 DL this year would vastly improve our defense.

Leave a comment:

• keithbishop
    replied
    It looks as though Ryan Pickett already has serious offers from the Rams and Packers...... I would like to see Denver sign him, but his price tag may be too high at this point. A more reasonably priced DT would be Russell Davis. He went from a bust with the Bears to a solid starter for the Cardinals. Davis would represent a significant upgrade from Myers, IMO. Even though Sam Adams is entering his 13th season, I believe he has another good year or 2 left in him. If Adams played next to Warren, we could have a devastating push up the middle. Adams could settle for a 1-year deal on a contender like the Broncos. Rocky Bernard is also an interesting FA. I would like to see one of them added if we can't get Abraham. A DT could still be drafted in the 1st or 2nd rd...... Myers and Veal would be good as backups, but I wouldn't mind adding 2 DT's to displace Myers. 3 CB's were drafted last year........ signing 1 FA DL and drafting 2 DL this year would vastly improve our defense.

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    Originally posted by theshiverman
    I dont know who is having the Dullest Free agent period so far, Denver or K.C, lol
    You got me. Over on the Chiefs boards I post on us Chiefs fans are going crazy just like you guys over here. We don't want a spending spree like the Redskins did, but we want some help in free agency. If we were to get Rocky Bernard in free agency and nobody else I would be happy. Herm Edwards is a good judge of talent and I trust him to improve our team in the draft.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by kmartin575
    Chiefs | Team visits with Bernard
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:40:04 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports free agent DT Rocky Bernard (Seahawks) visited with the Kansas City Chiefs Monday, March 13.
    I dont know who is having the Dullest Free agent period so far, Denver or K.C, lol

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    We won't draft a DT. We never do. We won't draft an Under Tackle because we don't like penetrating DTs, we like cloggers. So, in the event we did draft a DT, which we wont because the world would explode, it would be a clogger.

I'll be holding out hope we look at Oshinowo or Rod Wright at 29 if we keep the selection. But we won't.

We have a pattern concerning drafts. And in my mind, that pattern suggests we will draft a safety, tight end, or Wide Receiver.

veal is only 288lbs so he isnt a clogger. and he played pretty well last season. had as many tackles as any or lineman (19 solo, 25 total) and one sack. i know, not exactly what you meant, but i think he will move ahead of myers on the depth chart next season.

im not sure if i would want to use a first rounder, but i want to take a DT in the second.

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    Originally posted by SM19
    I too would like to pick up Rocky Bernard, but so far we've shown absolutely no interest in him. I can't find a word of speculation linking him to the Denver Broncos, and believe me, I've tried. He'd be the ideal complement to Warren.
    Chiefs | Team visits with Bernard
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:40:04 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports free agent DT Rocky Bernard (Seahawks) visited with the Kansas City Chiefs Monday, March 13.

Leave a comment:

• PlummerToOwens
    replied
    i think if we get a bretty desinte dt i think we will be ok.with a good de

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Yes I think a lot depends on what happens with Abraham and how much the Bronco Organization has to give upi to get him...

This reminds me of the Putzier deal of last year with the Jets... They really enjoy making our lives miserable don't they...

I hope we do draft a DT to help our Warren...

I do think Engleberger though will help us, he has motor that will not quit... He just needs a little help on the other side...

Leave a comment:

• rugbythug
    replied
    We won't draft a DT. We never do. We won't draft an Under Tackle because we don't like penetrating DTs, we like cloggers. So, in the event we did draft a DT, which we wont because the world would explode, it would be a clogger.

I'll be holding out hope we look at Oshinowo or Rod Wright at 29 if we keep the selection. But we won't.

We have a pattern concerning drafts. And in my mind, that pattern suggests we will draft a safety, tight end, or Wide Receiver.

the saftey from the vols

ill bet

Leave a comment:

• smilin'assassin
    replied
    i agree that we need another DT to go along with Warren. if we can trade for abraham and pickup Broderick Bunkley with our other #1 pick we would finally have a dominant D-line. And depth too!!!!! What a defense if we had a great D-line to go with the best 'backers in the NFL and Mr. Champ Bailey and the rest of the DB's would get a bunch more interceptions thanks to the QB pressure. Upgrade the D-Line!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied

We have never drafted a bonafide TE under Mikey.
    Lots of LB's Wr's and DB's, those are the most likely, but never ever a TE.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Actually he has come close that number. In 2003 he had 6 sacks for a negative 33 yards while playing for the Browns.
    Yeah, and he had ZERO in 2004! What's your point? Six is not eight! I stand by my statement that Courtney Brown has never had eight sacks in a season and won't this year.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if he had more than 4, and that would double his output from 2005!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X