Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any news on a back-up QB?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Jakes gameplay already INCREASED this offseason...u must have not seen the chargers game, BVP can lead our offense down the field...shiesh

    Comment


    • #17
      BVP is just fine. If we need a 3rd string qb, shanny will re-sign danny kanell cuz he knows the offense. Those are the qb's we have or are going to have, people should start getting used to it.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by THE MAD BRONCO
        It seems that the Broncos and everybody else is worried about every position except for a back-up QB. If Plummer should go down for any extended time period and all we have just BVP. . . . .WE ARE DONE! With that in mind, are there any good veterans available? I still stay Marques Tuiasosopo would be a good fit.
        Tui is not an up grade IMO. You could sure use someone. Maybe Brian Griese will come back


        ;);)


        Watch out!!!

        Comment


        • #19
          How about Kerry Collins. He did throw for 3700 yards last year with 20 TDs and only 12 ints. Yeah his completion % was alittle down, but he didn't do too bad. Plus he has a huge arm.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jrhampton
            Well at least your name MAD BRONCO is correct!
            What exactly are you getting at? I simply think that Marques' style of play is similar to that of Jakes. Is there anything wrong with that? It's just a single opinion. Are you the same guy that quoted me as saying to use our 2 first round picks to draft TO and Abraham? I meant via trade!!!!! Quit analyzing word for word and use your brain sometimes!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by broncos4ever
              If we look for a backup quarterback it should be Jon Kitna...

              Marques Tuiasosopo has done nothing that I know of. I would not want him..
              In the one game he played, he was sacked 4 times, lost 40 yards, fumbled twice, and threw ONE completion.



              Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Inkana7
                In the one game he played, he was sacked 4 times, lost 40 yards, fumbled twice, and threw ONE completion.
                Yes exactly my point. I wouldn't give a "plugged" nickel for him. On the otherhand I would entertain the notion of bringing in Bulger if available or McCown as a #3 or let BVP and him fight it out for the #2 spot...
                Last edited by broncos4ever; 03-14-2006, 06:54 PM. Reason: Wrong name...
                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Inkana7
                  In the one game he played, he was sacked 4 times, lost 40 yards, fumbled twice, and threw ONE completion.
                  Thanks for the stat line genius. I saw that one too! Jake did the same things out in the Arizona and look at him now!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by THE MAD BRONCO
                    What exactly are you getting at? I simply think that Marques' style of play is similar to that of Jakes. Is there anything wrong with that? It's just a single opinion. Are you the same guy that quoted me as saying to use our 2 first round picks to draft TO and Abraham? I meant via trade!!!!! Quit analyzing word for word and use your brain sometimes!

                    Is that because they both play QB, that is where the simulairities stop.

                    http://tdgr.football.sportsline.com/...3yr:p/standard
                    Code:
                    this one is a three year average
                                                passing                              rushing     
                    Player              Att Cmp      Yd TD  Int  Rate    Att  Yd  Avg TD 
                    Plummer          451 259 3081  20  16  78.4     48 234 4.9  2  
                    Tuiasosopo        15    8   108    0     1  48.8       3    6  2.0  0
                    
                    or 
                    2003                 passing                      rushing      
                    Player          20+ 40+ CmpPct YAtt Lg  20+ Lg  
                    Plummer       26     5   62.6      7.2   60  3.0  40  
                    Tuiasosopo     5     0   55.6      7.2  35   0.0   8
                    2004
                    Plummer        55   9    58.0      7.8   85  1.0 22  
                    Tuiasosopo     0    0     0.0       0.0    0   0.0  0 
                    2005
                    Plummer         49  9     60.5      7.4  72  1.0  22  
                    Tuiasosopo       1  0     53.8      4.8  20  0.0 10
                    Yep your correct they are so much alike.

                    Jakes completion % is 4% better
                    Jakes QB rating is 30 points higher
                    Jakes has an average rush of 4.9 to 2.0.
                    Jake had 130 20+yard passes to 6
                    Jake 23 40+ passes to ZERO.



                    Maybe it is the hair!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Jrhampton
                      Is that because they both play QB, that is where the simulairities stop.

                      http://tdgr.football.sportsline.com/...3yr:p/standard
                      Code:
                      this one is a three year average
                                                  passing                              rushing     
                      Player              Att Cmp      Yd TD  Int  Rate    Att  Yd  Avg TD 
                      Plummer          451 259 3081  20  16  78.4     48 234 4.9  2  
                      Tuiasosopo        15    8   108    0     1  48.8       3    6  2.0  0
                      
                      or 
                      2003                 passing                      rushing      
                      Player          20+ 40+ CmpPct YAtt Lg  20+ Lg  
                      Plummer       26     5   62.6      7.2   60  3.0  40  
                      Tuiasosopo     5     0   55.6      7.2  35   0.0   8
                      2004
                      Plummer        55   9    58.0      7.8   85  1.0 22  
                      Tuiasosopo     0    0     0.0       0.0    0   0.0  0 
                      2005
                      Plummer         49  9     60.5      7.4  72  1.0  22  
                      Tuiasosopo       1  0     53.8      4.8  20  0.0 10
                      Yep your correct they are so much alike.

                      Jakes completion % is 4% better
                      Jakes QB rating is 30 points higher
                      Jakes has an average rush of 4.9 to 2.0.
                      Jake had 130 20+yard passes to 6
                      Jake 23 40+ passes to ZERO.



                      Maybe it is the hair!

                      Listen Hampton, the comparisons in playing styles has nothing to do with stats.
                      Before Tui got rusted up on the Raider bench, he was exactly like Plummer. Decent arm, scrambling ability. The Raiders drafted him, left him for dead on the bench, and now he's just gonna end up being another Rodney Peete (16 year backup). I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing that Tui is our backup as suppose to BVP.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by THE MAD BRONCO
                        Listen Hampton, the comparisons in playing styles has nothing to do with stats.
                        Before Tui got rusted up on the Raider bench, he was exactly like Plummer. Decent arm, scrambling ability. The Raiders drafted him, left him for dead on the bench, and now he's just gonna end up being another Rodney Peete (16 year backup). I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing that Tui is our backup as suppose to BVP.

                        He has never had a decent arm. He is not a scrambling QB or if he is the numbers just don't show it.

                        That type of thing show up in the stats how far back do I need to go to prove it.
                        http://tdgr.football.sportsline.com/...yerpage/235251
                        He has been in the league since 2001 has a whooping 482 yards passing, 56 % comp. and rating of 52.2, 1 TD and 5 picks. Played in 9 games started only twice

                        Unless he is a cousin or something give it up. He has NO value to anyone, as it stands he just may be their #1 QB. That speaks volumes of how bad OAK is.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by THE MAD BRONCO
                          Listen Hampton, the comparisons in playing styles has nothing to do with stats.
                          Before Tui got rusted up on the Raider bench, he was exactly like Plummer. Decent arm, scrambling ability. The Raiders drafted him, left him for dead on the bench, and now he's just gonna end up being another Rodney Peete (16 year backup). I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing that Tui is our backup as suppose to BVP.
                          Well I am really glad you are not the GM of the Broncos... Tui is terrible.. He could not even start for the hapless Raiders and they did give him a chance... They would have loved for him to start if I remember right, but he could not break the lineup for good reason. He is no good!!! We certainly do not want him in Denver...

                          One more thing BVP has already proven he is better than Tui, so why would we want him??
                          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Bvp

                            BVP is all we need for now.
                            sigpic

                            Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by broncos4ever
                              Well I am really glad you are not the GM of the Broncos... Tui is terrible.. He could not even start for the hapless Raiders and they did give him a chance... They would have loved for him to start if I remember right, but he could not break the lineup for good reason. He is no good!!! We certainly do not want him in Denver...

                              One more thing BVP has already proven he is better than Tui, so why would we want him??
                              Okay. I rest my case.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Any news on a back-up QB?

                                Yeah, we aren't going to be getting one.

                                At least, that's how it looks.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X