X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thominator
    replied
    Tuiasosopo at quarterback

I've always like Tuiasososopo. So there's another Bronco fan out there who does too? I think he's in the wrong system at Oakland. What makes him effective is short passing, option to run.......exactly like what the West Coast is.

But, I also like Van Pelt. Liked him at Colorado State. I only have a fan's opinion. But Plummer, Van Pelt, Tuiasososopo would work for me. However, not having him or having him won't be the reason for success or failure next year. Just be a nice back up.

Leave a comment:

• Morambar
    replied
    I wouldn't mind seeing Harrington in camp. Blaming him for the Lions ineptitude is like blaming Jake for the Cards; maybe it's Dierdorfs fault. Again, I'm making the neophytes mistake, but I don't want a QB drafted, 'cos I want a Pro Bowl starter TODAY, not five years from now. If we're gonna play that game, well, that's why we have BVP. Let's develop one rookie QB at a time, OK?

Maybe we should talk to 'Frisco about a QB; they've only got FIVE on their roster.
    Last edited by Morambar; 03-18-2006, 02:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Medford Bronco
    replied
    How about another new name to throw out there as a backup.

I know he has been out of football for 2 years, He supposedly has been working out. He would come cheap and I think he could fit the system

Tim Couch.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/CoucTi00.htm

The numbers are not that bad and in 2002 he led a mediocre Cleveland team to the playoffs and for the most part his offensive line stunk and had ok receivers and no running game to speak of.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Actually we may be to late anyway as of one hour ago here is the news on Gus...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...l=orl-dolphins

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...frerotte.rams/

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by 7Nalder7Elway7
    Broncos | Team has contacted Frerotte
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:45:51 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports the Denver Broncos have contacted free agent QB Gus Frerotte (Dolphins), according to two NFL sources.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Sounds like Frerotte

Actually I would love to have Gus Frerotte as a backup to Jake...

What would be wrong with that?

Leave a comment:

• IrishConrad
    replied
    Bvp

BVP....all we need.

Leave a comment:

• jam1369
    replied
    Now lets not get our shorts all in a bunch over this. As in the past, we can expect at least 4 QB's in camp.

Personally I do not expect Shannahan to go after any big names. I think they will try to get a solid journeyman QB at a reasonable salary. Jake seems to be able to avoid serious injury...God knows the opposing D's took their shots. And Shanny seems to see something in BVP that he likes. Although I am not sure what it is.

Can't wait for camp.

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by Medford Bronco
    It is almost as suprising as when the Red Sox won the WS in 04 coming back from 3-0 vs the Yankees and then the W Sox winning their first WS in over 90 years!
    Yes I know it is off topic but that is about how often Mtn Man kind of gives Jake a compliment.

He doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• 7Nalder7Elway7
    replied
    Originally posted by THE MAD BRONCO
    It seems that the Broncos and everybody else is worried about every position except for a back-up QB. If Plummer should go down for any extended time period and all we have just BVP. . . . .WE ARE DONE! With that in mind, are there any good veterans available? I still stay Marques Tuiasosopo would be a good fit.
    Broncos | Team has contacted Frerotte
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:45:51 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports the Denver Broncos have contacted free agent QB Gus Frerotte (Dolphins), according to two NFL sources.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Sounds like Frerotte

Leave a comment:

• Medford Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe

THIS IS THE BIG ONE!!

I'M COMING TO MEET YOU, ELIZABETH!!

-----

It is almost as suprising as when the Red Sox won the WS in 04 coming back from 3-0 vs the Yankees and then the W Sox winning their first WS in over 90 years!
    Yes I know it is off topic but that is about how often Mtn Man kind of gives Jake a compliment.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosorBust
    replied
    Originally posted by cadencesdad
    I wonder why Jake has lost 3 playoff games in three years, and fans want heads to roll, and Paymeaton Manning has lost three playoff games in three years, and fans think he's the second coming???

I'm with you on that I don't understand it either.

Tui is terrible, I hope to never see him actually playing for anyone BUT the Raiders.

What happened to Gus? Did I miss his name as a candidate? I think he would make a fine backup.

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    replied
    I actually agree with Mtnman.... I think Harrington would be an excellent back-up for Jake. I actually think he was poorly handled in Detroit by Marriuchi. He'd start one week, then be benched the next, then start, then be benched, and so it would go. Thats got to be extremely hard on your confidence. If they would have just let the kid play through his errors, I believe he would have been much better at this point.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Whoa!!

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
    There's been some mention of Joey Harrington.

This could actually be a good pick up if the price was right.

He would have a working knowledge of the West Coast offense, having played under Mariuchi for several seasons.

He's a scrambler type of player, which fits our offensive style.

As far as any concerns about his past performance with the Lions, I would only ask....

how many of you would have picked Plummer based on his AZ performance?

Yet, St. Jake has had better performance (though he still has room to get better) since coming to the Broncos.

What's to say that Joey couldn't have the same success?

Plus, he's younger than Frerotte and hasn't had to miss any games due to head butting the stands.

THIS IS THE BIG ONE!!

I'M COMING TO MEET YOU, ELIZABETH!!

-----

Leave a comment:

• Medford Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos_mtnman

He would have a working knowledge of the West Coast offense, having played under Mariuchi for several seasons.

As far as any concerns about his past performance with the Lions, I would only ask....

Yet, St. Jake has had better performance (though he still has room to get better) since coming to the Broncos.

Plus, he's younger than Frerotte and hasn't had to miss any games due to head butting the stands.

Mtn Man I agree with you. Harrington in the right system would be a great pickup.
    People say no because he was terrible in Det, so was Jake in Arizona.

I am not saying replace Jake with Harrigton, but he would be a good backup.

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X