X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sum good news

Broncos | Team will likely gain one or two compensatory picks
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:57 -0800

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely gain one or two compensatory picks for free agent losses from the 2005 season. The Broncos currently have nine draft picks, including two first-round draft choices.

Broncos | Team has approximately $4.5 million left for signings
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:27 -0800

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos have about $4.57 million left in workable salary cap space to sign a front-line free agent. The team currently sits at $90.2 million against the $102 million salary cap. That includes the team's recent re-signings of RB Ron Dayne, DL Gerard Warren, and TE Mike Leach. The team will need to make sure there is space to sign players they pick on draft day.

any thoughts?

both came from http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Originally posted by broncosfan8791
    Broncos | Team will likely gain one or two compensatory picks
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:57 -0800

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely gain one or two compensatory picks for free agent losses from the 2005 season. The Broncos currently have nine draft picks, including two first-round draft choices.

Broncos | Team has approximately $4.5 million left for signings
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:27 -0800

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos have about $4.57 million left in workable salary cap space to sign a front-line free agent. The team currently sits at $90.2 million against the $102 million salary cap. That includes the team's recent re-signings of RB Ron Dayne, DL Gerard Warren, and TE Mike Leach. The team will need to make sure there is space to sign players they pick on draft day.

any thoughts?

both came from http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
    Well, that available 'cap' money Can change, if they decide to pull the trigger on Abraham, and let go a #1.
    Plus, they still have a few players that they can tinker with, contract wise.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Exactly what free agents did Denver lose that would give them several compensatory picks?
      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
        Well, that available 'cap' money Can change, if they decide to pull the trigger on Abraham, and let go a #1.
        Plus, they still have a few players that they can tinker with, contract wise.
        Good point. I would expect Denver to try and free up more cap room if they want to sign Abraham. And really, what else can they do? They were totally stiffed today when BOTH Jamaal Lewis AND Andre Carter signed long-term contracts with Baltimore and Washington the very day they were supposed to fly to Denver to explore signing with the Broncos.

The only FA left on the Broncos radar is now Abraham. Shanahan MUST sign him to have any kind of a successful FA. (Unless he later decides to sign T.O., but I doubt he could pay T.O. enough to come here, now that other teams are in the mix).
        sigpic

Comment

ok i think the broncos should DEFINETLY trade their #1 for abraham.
          we are getting compensatory picks thats the biggest reason

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
            Exactly what free agents did Denver lose that would give them several compensatory picks?
            kennoy kennedy and kelly herndon are the first to come to mind. . . you sure do take a lively interest in our off-season. wonder why that is?
            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
              kennoy kennedy and kelly herndon are the first to come to mind. . . you sure do take a lively interest in our off-season. wonder why that is?
              Reggie Hayward also
              sigpic

Comment

I don't know about "several", but DE Reggie Hayward and S Kenoy Kennedy. We also lost CB Kelly Herndon, but , as a restricted FA who wasn't drafted, we shouldn't receive a compensatory pick for him.
                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Spragan you think?
                  Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

We don't get anything for Herdon since we low balled his offer sheet. But Hayward and Kennedy were both full time starters for their new teams. I think playing time has something to do with the formula they use but I am not exactly sure how it works out.

Comment

Yea don't forget Reggie. I bet he garners us a 3/4 pick...

Comment

Count on just one 4th-rounder. Anything better than or additional to that consider a blessing.

Comment

Oh so compensatory picks come from the year before? I was thinking for some reason they would come from free agents lost this offseason.
                          "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Oh so compensatory picks come from the year before? I was thinking for some reason they would come from free agents lost this offseason.
                            Yes, compensatory picks come from the previous year's FA losses. That presents an opportunity to let games started (salary is also a factor, I believe) help determine which rd. the compensatory pick follows. I'm hoping we get 2 picks after the 3rd rd. like last year..... or perhaps a 3rd and a 4th......
                            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by CaseP
                              We don't get anything for Herdon since we low balled his offer sheet. .

hind-sight being 20/20, we screwed that one up...

"Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Working...
                              X