Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's gonna be a grim offseason and a grim season to boot.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's gonna be a grim offseason and a grim season to boot.

    Those of you who think the Broncos are fine as they are in their current state are blind. The Broncos got so many breaks that went their way, the same cannot happen two seasons in a row. And when the Broncos had money to sign FA's, they blew it all on a overweight bust in Gerrald Warren and any RB duties must be put on Dayne's back. Check out these forecasts....

    Broncos | Team will likely gain one or two compensatory picks
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:57 -0800
    Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely gain one or two compensatory picks for free agent losses from the 2005 season. The Broncos currently have nine draft picks, including two first-round draft choices.

    Broncos | Team has approximately $4.5 million left for signings
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:27 -0800
    Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos have about $4.57 million left in workable salary cap space to sign a front-line free agent. The team currently sits at $90.2 million against the $102 million salary cap. That includes the team's recent re-signings of RB Ron Dayne, DL Gerard Warren, and TE Mike Leach. The team will need to make sure there is space to sign players they pick on draft day.

  • #2
    Originally posted by evolaerok
    Those of you who think the Broncos are fine as they are in their current state are blind. The Broncos got so many breaks that went their way, the same cannot happen two seasons in a row. And when the Broncos had money to sign FA's, they blew it all on a overweight bust in Gerrald Warren and any RB duties must be put on Dayne's back. Check out these forecasts....

    Broncos | Team will likely gain one or two compensatory picks
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:57 -0800
    Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely gain one or two compensatory picks for free agent losses from the 2005 season. The Broncos currently have nine draft picks, including two first-round draft choices.

    Broncos | Team has approximately $4.5 million left for signings
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:27 -0800
    Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos have about $4.57 million left in workable salary cap space to sign a front-line free agent. The team currently sits at $90.2 million against the $102 million salary cap. That includes the team's recent re-signings of RB Ron Dayne, DL Gerard Warren, and TE Mike Leach. The team will need to make sure there is space to sign players they pick on draft day.
    Oh my god it's the apocolypse!

    On the contrary, we have room to work with, if we NEED more room we can cut more people(free agency isn't going to end tomorrow), we'll have plenty of $ to sign our draft picks. We ARE fine, and I for one am glad we aren't going crazy like the Redskins.

    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ouch!

      I think I just got hit by some falling sky... Wait until free agency has ended and we see what happens with the draft before we start with the dooms day threads.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by evolaerok
        Those of you who think the Broncos are fine as they are in their current state are blind. The Broncos got so many breaks that went their way, the same cannot happen two seasons in a row. And when the Broncos had money to sign FA's, they blew it all on a overweight bust in Gerrald Warren and any RB duties must be put on Dayne's back. Check out these forecasts....

        Broncos | Team will likely gain one or two compensatory picks
        Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:57 -0800
        Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely gain one or two compensatory picks for free agent losses from the 2005 season. The Broncos currently have nine draft picks, including two first-round draft choices.

        Broncos | Team has approximately $4.5 million left for signings
        Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:27 -0800
        Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos have about $4.57 million left in workable salary cap space to sign a front-line free agent. The team currently sits at $90.2 million against the $102 million salary cap. That includes the team's recent re-signings of RB Ron Dayne, DL Gerard Warren, and TE Mike Leach. The team will need to make sure there is space to sign players they pick on draft day.
        Honestly as I sit here and think I just don't think we had loads of breaks this year. There were no crazy bounces or Int's we did not have some statistical Anomilies in a player. What were the breaks we got?

        Maybe Brees int in the first game. But that just set the tone we were still behind. IMO With an upgrade in RB like white in the draft we can win by bigger margins. Of course we were pretty healthy that could be looked at as a break I suppose. Is this what you meant?
        http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

        Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rugbythug
          Honestly as I sit here and think I just don't think we had loads of breaks this year. There were no crazy bounces or Int's we did not have some statistical Anomilies in a player. What were the breaks we got?

          Maybe Brees int in the first game. But that just set the tone we were still behind. IMO With an upgrade in RB like white in the draft we can win by bigger margins. Of course we were pretty healthy that could be looked at as a break I suppose. Is this what you meant?
          Brees int, plenty of almost Plummer thrown picks, the Skins game just to start. In fact there was a span of weeks where the opposing team came back and we had a break to win the game.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rugbythug
            Honestly as I sit here and think I just don't think we had loads of breaks this year. There were no crazy bounces or Int's we did not have some statistical Anomilies in a player. What were the breaks we got?

            Maybe Brees int in the first game. But that just set the tone we were still behind. IMO With an upgrade in RB like white in the draft we can win by bigger margins. Of course we were pretty healthy that could be looked at as a break I suppose. Is this what you meant?
            I think the doomsday poster include winning any games at all, as 'lucking out'.....
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

            -- Samuel Adams

            sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Do I want to Broncos to splurge like the Redskins, no! But I certainly do not want them to use what little money they had on Gerrald Warren, when a DE is the priority. And now there are reports that Skins may be making even more available space to lead way for John Abraham. A guy Denver truely needs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by evolaerok
                Those of you who think the Broncos are fine as they are in their current state are blind. The Broncos got so many breaks that went their way, the same cannot happen two seasons in a row. And when the Broncos had money to sign FA's, they blew it all on a overweight bust in Gerrald Warren and any RB duties must be put on Dayne's back. Check out these forecasts....

                Broncos | Team will likely gain one or two compensatory picks
                Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:57 -0800
                Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely gain one or two compensatory picks for free agent losses from the 2005 season. The Broncos currently have nine draft picks, including two first-round draft choices.

                Broncos | Team has approximately $4.5 million left for signings
                Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:27 -0800
                Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos have about $4.57 million left in workable salary cap space to sign a front-line free agent. The team currently sits at $90.2 million against the $102 million salary cap. That includes the team's recent re-signings of RB Ron Dayne, DL Gerard Warren, and TE Mike Leach. The team will need to make sure there is space to sign players they pick on draft day.
                Funny how this same exact report is also under the thread "Sum Good News" .
                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rcsodak
                  I think the doomsday poster include winning any games at all, as 'lucking out'.....
                  A blind fan. The Steelers game showed many weaknesses we've all seen before.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by evolaerok
                    Do I want to Broncos to splurge like the Redskins, no! But I certainly do not want them to use what little money they had on Gerrald Warren, when a DE is the priority. And now there are reports that Skins may be making even more available space to lead way for John Abraham. A guy Denver truely needs.
                    First off, the Redskins will not be getting Abraham...

                    What pisses me off is the fact that we haven't even LOOKED at anyone yet. We are just sitting here, watching big names go out the window... I don't want to sign every big name, but if we get Abraham -- we're not going to be able to afford ANYONE else in Free Agency and maybe not even our draft picks...

                    I would much rather keep both first round picks and get a WR like Moulds/TO/Givens even though they'll cost more...

                    It's a lose-lose situation for us, and I really don't see us getting ANY free agents this year, and that's what pisses me off most... It has been disappointing to say the least.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                      I would much rather keep both first round picks and get a WR like Moulds/TO/Givens even though they'll cost more...
                      According to many of the conservative fans here, we're fine with Smith and Lelie....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by evolaerok
                        According to many of the conservative fans here, we're fine with Smith and Lelie....
                        Well they need to snap out of it because after this year, they'll both be gone
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by evolaerok
                          A blind fan. The Steelers game showed many weaknesses we've all seen before.
                          didnt the steelers show weaknesses in everyones game?
                          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


                          "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by evolaerok
                            According to many of the conservative fans here, we're fine with Smith and Lelie....
                            are u ****ing retarded?
                            Last edited by Jared; 03-13-2006, 10:30 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by all DENVER
                              are u fu k ing retarded?
                              please add some depth to your post.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X