Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's gonna be a grim offseason and a grim season to boot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krugan
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos008
    YES!!, as stated in post after post many of us would be satisfied trading a 1st round pick for a legitimate pass rusher, some of us would rather see a proven player come to the team than hope on a rookie to lead our defense, and nobody wanted denver to "pull a redskins" we just want to see our two major holes (wr and de) filled with two legitimate players, nobody has ever said that it is worth losing both of our first round picks
    I was being SARCASTIC, making a point, the doom and gloom in this thread is just silly.

And I seriously doubt there would be satisfaction from the lot, with 1 free agent signing. (THIS ISNT JUST DIRECTED AT YOU).

Of course, my idea is far far off, we cant expect everyone to be happy all of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos008
    replied
    Originally posted by Krugan
    Well we managed to keep our O line in one piece.

We actually kept a few DL players when their contracts came due, isnt that a first?

MA was over payed, sorry he didnt come back, put his paycheck here was to much. Pryce was extremely over payed. Putz, while he was our only recieving TE, was not complete. Why do you suppose Alex is here in the first place?

TO would be a mistake. Abraham, would be nice, but the cost is very large. Carter got a solid payday, my guess is we got outbid big time. This happens when there are to many large paychecks.

Would you people really be satisfied if Denver only managed to bring in Abraham, and had to give up a first rounder to get him here?

I bet not, there is perpetual whinning on this message board. It wouldnt matter if Denver had pulled a redskins, it would be "why didnt we get such and such, why did we give up both our first rounders for this."

Its really kinda of sad, really.

YES!!, as stated in post after post many of us would be satisfied trading a 1st round pick for a legitimate pass rusher, some of us would rather see a proven player come to the team than hope on a rookie to lead our defense, and nobody wanted denver to "pull a redskins" we just want to see our two major holes (wr and de) filled with two legitimate players, nobody has ever said that it is worth losing both of our first round picks

Leave a comment:

• Krugan
    replied
    Originally posted by JHoward
    To the Denver Broncos decision makers: Good work.

Mike Anderson, gone
    Trevor Pryce, gone
    Jeb Putzier, gone
    No T.O.
    No Andre Carter
    No Jamal Lewis
    No John Abraham

Who's left? We have done absolutely nothing thus far in free agency. But look on the bright side.

Ron Dayne, resigned to 3 year deal.
    Gerard Warren, resigned to HUGE deal.
    Matt Lepsis, resigned to new deal.

Great start to the off season! Yeah right, what a joke.
    Well we managed to keep our O line in one piece.

We actually kept a few DL players when their contracts came due, isnt that a first?

MA was over payed, sorry he didnt come back, put his paycheck here was to much. Pryce was extremely over payed. Putz, while he was our only recieving TE, was not complete. Why do you suppose Alex is here in the first place?

TO would be a mistake. Abraham, would be nice, but the cost is very large. Carter got a solid payday, my guess is we got outbid big time. This happens when there are to many large paychecks.

Would you people really be satisfied if Denver only managed to bring in Abraham, and had to give up a first rounder to get him here?

I bet not, there is perpetual whinning on this message board. It wouldnt matter if Denver had pulled a redskins, it would be "why didnt we get such and such, why did we give up both our first rounders for this."

Its really kinda of sad, really.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos008
    replied
    That was pretty easy.

Lol, no offense, just giving you a hard time

We can only wait (again) and hope that Shanny has something up his sleeve (not likely)

Leave a comment:

• Krugan
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos008
    I am a confused
    That was pretty easy.

Leave a comment:

• JHoward
    replied
    Originally posted by evolaerok
    Those of you who think the Broncos are fine as they are in their current state are blind. The Broncos got so many breaks that went their way, the same cannot happen two seasons in a row. And when the Broncos had money to sign FA's, they blew it all on a overweight bust in Gerrald Warren and any RB duties must be put on Dayne's back. Check out these forecasts....

Broncos | Team will likely gain one or two compensatory picks
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:57 -0800
    Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely gain one or two compensatory picks for free agent losses from the 2005 season. The Broncos currently have nine draft picks, including two first-round draft choices.

Broncos | Team has approximately $4.5 million left for signings
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:27 -0800
    Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos have about $4.57 million left in workable salary cap space to sign a front-line free agent. The team currently sits at $90.2 million against the $102 million salary cap. That includes the team's recent re-signings of RB Ron Dayne, DL Gerard Warren, and TE Mike Leach. The team will need to make sure there is space to sign players they pick on draft day.
    To the Denver Broncos decision makers: Good work.

Mike Anderson, gone
    Trevor Pryce, gone
    Jeb Putzier, gone
    No T.O.
    No Andre Carter
    No Jamal Lewis
    No John Abraham

Who's left? We have done absolutely nothing thus far in free agency. But look on the bright side.

Ron Dayne, resigned to 3 year deal.
    Gerard Warren, resigned to HUGE deal.
    Matt Lepsis, resigned to new deal.

Great start to the off season! Yeah right, what a joke.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos008
    replied
    I AM A SARCASTIC, HERE MY CRY!
    I am a confused

Leave a comment:

• Krugan
    replied
    This thread is gooooooffffyyyy.

The season is over, pack up the gear and move the team to Mexico. Its time to start a junior NFL and Denver can be the first team there!!!

I WANT TO SIGN MORE PLAYERS IN THE FIRST 72!!!!!! I AM A SARCASTIC, HERE MY CRY!

Leave a comment:

• JHoward
    replied
    Brees int, plenty of almost Plummer thrown picks, the Skins game just to start. In fact there was a span of weeks where the opposing team came back and we had a break to win the game.
    You got that right.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bronco
    replied
    Those of you who think the Broncos are fine as they are in their current state are blind. The Broncos got so many breaks that went their way, the same cannot happen two seasons in a row. And when the Broncos had money to sign FA's, they blew it all on a overweight bust in Gerrald Warren and any RB duties must be put on Dayne's back. Check out these forecasts....

Broncos | Team will likely gain one or two compensatory picks
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:57 -0800
    Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely gain one or two compensatory picks for free agent losses from the 2005 season. The Broncos currently have nine draft picks, including two first-round draft choices.

Broncos | Team has approximately $4.5 million left for signings
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:27 -0800
    Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos have about $4.57 million left in workable salary cap space to sign a front-line free agent. The team currently sits at $90.2 million against the $102 million salary cap. That includes the team's recent re-signings of RB Ron Dayne, DL Gerard Warren, and TE Mike Leach. The team will need to make sure there is space to sign players they pick on draft day.
    I thought you said T.O. was shoping for lofts in Denver?

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    I see some valid points and hopefully you're right. I still see some areas where our management seems to sit back and look light at some problem areas. The DL is our biggest problem area, so why over pay to bring back the weak core?
    even if warren is not the best tackle in the league, or division for that matter, im glad the front office finally spent some money on keeping together a front unit. rather than every year going in to camp wondering who is going to stick on the roster and who is going to emerge from the pack (think last year, how many defensive lineman did we go into camp with?) same situation with brown. i think he played pretty well at the end of last season, and expect him to play better next.

so now instead of having all our lineman trying to make the team, we can actually have guys learning the system. hopefully some continuity and talent will encourage coyer to open things up a little with his lineman. even if warren is a little overpaid, i think keeping some guys together for a few years is a good thing (together in a winning program).

but i do agree that DL is our biggest problem. but other than maybe abraham, id rather we address it through drafting.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    I see some valid points and hopefully you're right. I still see some areas where our management seems to sit back and look light at some problem areas. The DL is our biggest problem area, so why over pay to bring back the weak core?
    Did you forget that this "weak core" was one of the reasons for our success in interceptions and take-aways?

This "weak core" helped us get to the AFC Championship???

So the Bronco Organization had every right to want to keep this defensive group together...

Leave a comment:

• evolaerok
    replied
    Originally posted by bcbronc
    so you think we should call up guys like lewis and make them a last minute offer they cant refuse? you said it yourself, theres not a ton of cap room, especially when you have rookies to sign.

so we go make a big offer to a free agent to outbid an overspending team like washington, and guess what? no chance at abraham.

i dont mind spending the money on warren. i dont like having to depend on rookie defensive tackles to make a difference. too many busts. but it makes no sense when on one hand you are complaining that we arent spending money, and then on the other hand you complain that we are wasting it. it seems to me that only a select handful of players are worth your attention and you would pay anything to get them. glad you're not in charge.

and where are all these holes we have? of course we can upgrade at every position, but holes? i see three big ones; starting TE, rush end, and another defensive tackle. it would be nice to add another quality reciever and some speed at safety. but both of those can be addressed in the draft. we are not looking for starters in either of those positions. at least not this year. i think we are fine at running back, but shanny will bring in another back in the draft.

so if you have actuall ideas that make sense, feel free to post them. but spare us all this "broncos are doing nothing and are going to suck so bad next year, boohoohoo' stuff.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    I want Abraham and that is probably one of the reasons for my post. The money we spent on Warren was too much. The money could have been spread out on various other holes on the team. Would someone else fit in DT? Of course, you said it yourself, we have 9 picks. This years crop of DL's are as good as any, maybe even better. Oh and speaking of 9 picks, the higher the picks, the more hit it will have on the cap space. Same goes for the problems now and the problems in the future at the WR position. So tell me, how far do you think the cap space we have now will go? Even after some restructuring, I don't see it lasting that much. I'm not looking for anything like what the Redskins are doing, but I don't want to see the ones who looked promised to come to Denver slip away because of bad management either.

I think you are really jumping the gun.... It is only a grim off-season if you make it that way... By the way are you a season ticket holder, because if you are then yes, you have more invested then some... If you are not what do you have invested in this team? I realize we are all are fans and we want the Broncos but unless we have money riding on the Broncos successes and losses then why would it be a "grim off-season"?

There are so many more things to worry about then the first two days of the Free Agency... If I was the General Manager or employed by the team then it would be my job to worry. Or maybe not because it does not seem like the Bronco Organization is worried...

The main thing that Mike S. wanted to do is sign the key players that helped us to success last year... Now it is too bad we lost Mike A. but most people think Ron D. can do as much a Mike did. The key is our running game will stay good because we were able to resign our main players on our Offensive Line...

The Bronco Organization was also able to stay on top by signing the Browncos which helped us get to where we needed to be last year...

They have said many times they were interested in improving where they needed to. They have two number one draft picks and that will help...

Grim off-season and Grim Season is a little harsh in just two days of free agency.

By the way the defense made the plays and that is why we went as far as we did... We are missing only one component of that defense and that is Trevor, which I felt could be replaced with Engleberger or others...

Actually the off season has been very good and if we are patient we will see more and more things happen... The Bronco Organization will bring in who they think they can but will not mortgage the future like the Redskins are.

Fortunately the salary cap was passed, otherwise teams like Washington could have been a real problem for a lot of years.

I think it has been a great off season and it will only get better...

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    I want Abraham and that is probably one of the reasons for my post. The money we spent on Warren was too much. The money could have been spread out on various other holes on the team. Would someone else fit in DT? Of course, you said it yourself, we have 9 picks. This years crop of DL's are as good as any, maybe even better. Oh and speaking of 9 picks, the higher the picks, the more hit it will have on the cap space. Same goes for the problems now and the problems in the future at the WR position. So tell me, how far do you think the cap space we have now will go? Even after some restructuring, I don't see it lasting that much. I'm not looking for anything like what the Redskins are doing, but I don't want to see the ones who looked promised to come to Denver slip away because of bad management either.

so you think we should call up guys like lewis and make them a last minute offer they cant refuse? you said it yourself, theres not a ton of cap room, especially when you have rookies to sign.

so we go make a big offer to a free agent to outbid an overspending team like washington, and guess what? no chance at abraham.

i dont mind spending the money on warren. i dont like having to depend on rookie defensive tackles to make a difference. too many busts. but it makes no sense when on one hand you are complaining that we arent spending money, and then on the other hand you complain that we are wasting it. it seems to me that only a select handful of players are worth your attention and you would pay anything to get them. glad you're not in charge.

and where are all these holes we have? of course we can upgrade at every position, but holes? i see three big ones; starting TE, rush end, and another defensive tackle. it would be nice to add another quality reciever and some speed at safety. but both of those can be addressed in the draft. we are not looking for starters in either of those positions. at least not this year. i think we are fine at running back, but shanny will bring in another back in the draft.

so if you have actuall ideas that make sense, feel free to post them. but spare us all this "broncos are doing nothing and are going to suck so bad next year, boohoohoo' stuff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X