X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel
    There are similar negatives with ANY rookie TE!

Don't worry though! Vernon Davis will be LOOOONG gone when the Broncos draft at #22. He'll probably go in the top 10 or 12 players. Thus, there will be at least 10 players picked after him before the Broncos get to choose!

The jest of my post was to show the kiddies that even with a new TE they are not gonna get a complete package, like they think they are.

In fact I'd doubt they would see anymore playing time than what Putz would have.

Not that I expect Mikey to DAFT a TE in the top couple of rounds anyway. Since he has never ever drafted one period.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Denver724
    Duke is listed as the back-up TE for this weekends game behind a jouneyman TE who palyed in two games with the Eagles in 2003.
    Oh no, that means he's going to suck from here to eternity. He's there to get experience and PT. He doesn't have to put up huge numbers or be the league MVP...

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    Originally posted by jferrucc
    He'll be starting his 2006 season for Hamburg in NFLE this weekend. With Putzier released, do you think he could be the starting TE next year, or will we look for a TE high in the draft?

i think the next few weeks will shine some light on the situation. im curious to see what duke does over there.

Leave a comment:

• Denver724
    replied
    Duke is listed as the back-up TE for this weekends game behind a jouneyman TE who palyed in two games with the Eagles in 2003.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by Jrhampton
    Lets see what do the scouts say

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9297819

1. VERNON DAVIS, MARYLAND (UNDERCLASSMAN
    Negatives: Needs to work on his blocking skills. … Despite strength, doesn't seem to know how to use hands properly when engaging with linebackers.

2. LEONARD POPE, GEORGIA (UNDERCLASSMAN)
    Positives: Tall target (6-7 and 250 pounds)

Negatives: Needs to add some bulk, which figures to be fairly easy given his frame. … Has problems sometimes with defenders who are able to get their hands on him near the line.

3. ANTHONY FASANO, NOTRE DAME (UNDERCLASSMAN)

Anthony Fasano was the third option for the best Irish team since 2002.
    Positives: Catches the ball well in traffic and on the run. … Tremendous intelligence allows him to consistently find openings against zone and man-to-man coverage. … Worked well in a pro-style offense that should enhance his readiness for the NFL. … Good initial burst helps compensate for general lack of speed. … Displays solid blocking technique. … Superior hustle and work ethic.

Negatives: Lack of speed and athleticism. … Doesn't make many would-be tacklers miss and is not particularly effective on seam routes, where tight ends usually make their greatest impact.

4. MARCEDES LEWIS, UCLA

Marcedes Lewis was to UCLA's passing game what Maurice Drew was to the running game.
    Positives: Concentration when catching the ball. … Makes good use of 6-6 frame, particularly on jump balls. … Good route-runner. … Solid blocker.

Negatives: Doesn't get much explosion off the line. … Has problems releasing on the snap. … Lacks a natural running stride.

5. JOE KLOPFENSTEIN, COLORADO
    Positives: Nice combination of height (6-5) and speed. … Runs good, crisp routes. … Will battle for the ball. … Intelligence. … Durability. … Strong work ethic.

Negatives: Doesn't consistently get good release from the line. … Must add bulk and strength to 250-pound frame to become a more effective blocker.

Now are these some of the reasons why Putz was not kept? (besides the money)

Lets see, trade a veteran that can catch and run for a un-tested rookie who has basically the same problems and does not know the play books.

Great personnel decisions Mikey. We need a valid GM.
    There are similar negatives with ANY rookie TE!

Don't worry though! Vernon Davis will be LOOOONG gone when the Broncos draft at #22. He'll probably go in the top 10 or 12 players. Thus, there will be at least 10 players picked after him before the Broncos get to choose!

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Lets see what do the scouts say

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9297819

1. VERNON DAVIS, MARYLAND (UNDERCLASSMAN
    Negatives: Needs to work on his blocking skills. … Despite strength, doesn't seem to know how to use hands properly when engaging with linebackers.

2. LEONARD POPE, GEORGIA (UNDERCLASSMAN)
    Positives: Tall target (6-7 and 250 pounds)

Negatives: Needs to add some bulk, which figures to be fairly easy given his frame. … Has problems sometimes with defenders who are able to get their hands on him near the line.

3. ANTHONY FASANO, NOTRE DAME (UNDERCLASSMAN)

Anthony Fasano was the third option for the best Irish team since 2002.
    Positives: Catches the ball well in traffic and on the run. … Tremendous intelligence allows him to consistently find openings against zone and man-to-man coverage. … Worked well in a pro-style offense that should enhance his readiness for the NFL. … Good initial burst helps compensate for general lack of speed. … Displays solid blocking technique. … Superior hustle and work ethic.

Negatives: Lack of speed and athleticism. … Doesn't make many would-be tacklers miss and is not particularly effective on seam routes, where tight ends usually make their greatest impact.

4. MARCEDES LEWIS, UCLA

Marcedes Lewis was to UCLA's passing game what Maurice Drew was to the running game.
    Positives: Concentration when catching the ball. … Makes good use of 6-6 frame, particularly on jump balls. … Good route-runner. … Solid blocker.

Negatives: Doesn't get much explosion off the line. … Has problems releasing on the snap. … Lacks a natural running stride.

5. JOE KLOPFENSTEIN, COLORADO
    Positives: Nice combination of height (6-5) and speed. … Runs good, crisp routes. … Will battle for the ball. … Intelligence. … Durability. … Strong work ethic.

Negatives: Doesn't consistently get good release from the line. … Must add bulk and strength to 250-pound frame to become a more effective blocker.

Now are these some of the reasons why Putz was not kept? (besides the money)

Lets see, trade a veteran that can catch and run for a un-tested rookie who has basically the same problems and does not know the play books.

Great personnel decisions Mikey. We need a valid GM.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    My vote would be for Vernon Davis ... I saw him on NFL network and he was really impressive... He could really be a terrific tight end for us if we drafted him in the first round...

Leave a comment:

• elwayfan805
    replied
    Originally posted by vicious2500
    We should draft Meredez Lewis in the 2nd round of the draft. He's got all same qualties as W. Duke with less wear and tear on his legs and more heights. Plus he's got more football knowledge.
    you think lewis will be there in the late second i thought he was projected as a late first- early second

Leave a comment:

• LABRONCO
    replied
    i rather take vernon davis, over lewis. but i doubt both will b there.

Leave a comment:

• vicious2500
    replied
    We should draft Meredez Lewis in the 2nd round of the draft. He's got all same qualties as W. Duke with less wear and tear on his legs and more heights. Plus he's got more football knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Alexander is the starter for the time being. Duke will probably see some time, but I doubt that he'll be the that everyone is dreaming about.

Broncos offense is just way to complicated for a NON football college players to master it in part of a season.

Leave a comment:

• GoBrOnCoS16
    replied
    He'll be starting his 2006 season for Hamburg in NFLE this weekend. With Putzier released, do you think he could be the starting TE next year, or will we look for a TE high in the draft?
    Well, if denver doesnt re-sign Putzier, then I would look for Alexander or Duke to be our No. 1 TE for the 06-07 season. It could change after the NFL europe season and the NFL draft though. Duke has a lot of upside to him as far as catching, size, and athletic ability, so if he shows what he can do in NFLE, then he'll definately be in the mix.

Leave a comment:

• broncoguy7b
    replied
    Thope he'll be the starter, from his limited time last year he looked like a bamf! Wes is tiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttt!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• YOUNGERJKSPEE
    replied
    Vernon Davis is a good prospect.

Leave a comment:

• LABRONCO
    replied
    yeah was up with our situation at TE? are we getting jeb back? if not i guess make duke a starter, or draft vernon davis lol damn i wish

Leave a comment:

Working...
X