Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trevor Dissing Broncos on NFL Total Access.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by bcbronc
    i dont see you upset that trevor didnt offer to not be paid the year he was inactive on the ir. im not saying he should have, but he got paid multi-millions for a year he didnt play.

    so then the next year, while there were still health questions he did restructure. but if memory serves, he was not the only veteran to restructure last year. and the money saved was spent bringing in the browncos. so pryce's restructuring allowed his team to improve. thats not a bad deal.

    if pryce wanted to retire a bronco, he could have. he was offered the chance to restructure. he refused. what kind of loyalty did trevor show? he could have restructured to 1mil a season IF he REALLY wanted to retire a bronco. i mean, after all the broncos took the chance drafting him, helped develop him into a probowler, paid him millions, even though the last few years he wasnt earning it, and allowed him to play and show he was healthy so he could get a new contract. and how does pryce repay all that loyaly? agreeing to play elsewhere for half of what he wanted to play here. and to think he had the gall to say he wanted to retire here.

    i
    the simple fact is, if they didnt cut pryce they would have had to cut a few other players. would that have been unloyal to those other players? no body got kicked to the curb. it was simply the right move for the broncos to make, and pryce has landed on his feet. no need for anyone to be upset over the situation.
    So you mean to say that because he got his Salary in 1999 i believe and played with us. Got hurt for one year (2004) that we should cut him? He restructured in 2005 but the Broncos did not give him a chance to restructure this year. Pryce was surprised about the Cut as we were. If they had asked him to restructure and he said NO! then the Broncos would have said well we have to cut you. But they didnt they just released him.

    I guess what you're saying is a player who plays hard earns a big contract, gets hurt 4 years into his contract for 1 year, Comes back strong the next year, you say he should be cut because he was on ir for 1 year? That's loyalty there. If every team did that the Jets should have gotten rid of Pennington, The packers shoudl drop Ahman Green and Javon Walker. Because Walker got hurt for the whole season last year, the Packers hosuld get rid of him and not pay him his salary because he was out on IR the whole year.


    Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Bokyong
      So you mean to say that because he got his Salary in 1999 i believe and played with us. Got hurt for one year (2004) that we should cut him? He restructured in 2005 but the Broncos did not give him a chance to restructure this year. Pryce was surprised about the Cut as we were. If they had asked him to restructure and he said NO! then the Broncos would have said well we have to cut you. But they didnt they just released him.
      I guess what you're saying is a player who plays hard earns a big contract, gets hurt 4 years into his contract for 1 year, Comes back strong the next year, you say he should be cut because he was on ir for 1 year? That's loyalty there. If every team did that the Jets should have gotten rid of Pennington, The packers shoudl drop Ahman Green and Javon Walker. Because Walker got hurt for the whole season last year, the Packers hosuld get rid of him and not pay him his salary because he was out on IR the whole year.

      whatever man. they broncos didnt screw pryce. they cut him. big deal. loyalty only goes so far. what about loyalty to us, the fans? should the broncos go into salary cap hell so they can remain 'loyal' to a player whos glory days are behind him? they should just pay him $10m because he HAD good seasons, and screw improving the team? you want to sit through a season with all our salary cap tied up in over the hill players? but then when we miss the playoffs because we have all rookies or vet minumums on our second string, at least you can say the FO was 'loyal' to pryce.

      their is a couple of things you are missing with those players you mentioned. first, walker and green got hurt LAST season. pryce PLAYED last season. pryce had market value when he was cut.

      second, the jets basically told pennington to take peanuts or he was cut. pennington has NO market value right now. if they cut him, like they threatened to, where would he be doing his rehab? not sure how the nfl handles things like that, but no team would have signed him until his he could throw again. not a very good example if you are trying to show loyalty.

      and if they did remain 'loyal' to pryce, they still would have been over the cap. so someone is going to get cut. what about loyalty to them? or does that not matter, as long as we are loyal to pryce? its not like we stabbed him in the back. pryce is hardly the only veteran that was making too much money for his production that got cut. and he wont be the last. and guess what? all those vets, if they can still play, land with another team for dollars that more suit their current skill level.

      and the broncos DID offer to restructure. pryce send he would defer money, but he would not take LESS money. but he signed for half of what he was due to get. that means he was not worth what he was due to get AND HE KNEW IT. but he still would not take less money to play here. where's the loyalty there?

      did you watch the interview? he said that he had a scheduled meeting with the broncos. the broncos were interested in having him back. pryce got a good offer and he jumped at it. good for him. i hope he has a few more great years.

      dont think i am bashing pryce in any way. i thought trevor played well last year. i think he has a few good years left in him. but the fact is he is not a $10m player. and seeing how i am a BRONCOS fan, i for one am glad the FO put the good of the organization ahead of the good of trevor pryce, no offence ment to mr pryce.
      "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


      "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




      Comment


      • #78
        Well if he is dissing the organization that got him his rings then im changning my screen name because I will not support someone who thinks they are better than the team that made them who they are.

        Dont S--- in the hand that made you.. Trevor


        Major Props To SNK16 for the leet sig

        Comment


        • #79
          I think what some are forgetting is Denver thought they had to release players when they did because the CBA wasn't done yet and had to get under the cap. They had no idea the NFL would extend the deadline. Denver ran out of time and had to make decisions fast. The NFL came back what Thursday and said they would extend the deadline until the following Sunday, but teams that already released players that Wed were SOL. This really wasn't Denvers fault due to all the confusion at the time in the NFL. If we had been given the chance to keep them for a few extra days, I'm sure Pryce and MA would still be Broncos.

          Comment


          • #80
            The Extension said many times that any releases made could be rescinded, until the deadline. They released MA, Pryce and Putz, ,but they could've got ALL of them back if they wanted to. MA is aging, Pryce has one good game a year, and I don't know about Putz. I like him, but he has a BIG contract, and I think that Stephen Alexander and Wesley Duke will do a good job, if we don't re-sign him.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Italianmobstr7
              The Extension said many times that any releases made could be rescinded, until the deadline.

              This only applied to releases made that Thursday. Our trio were cut on that Wednesday, not because of the CBA but because they were unwilling to pare their salaries in a team friendly way. Those cuts were unchangeable.

              Comment


              • #82
                trevor is right, our defense is real simple either 9 guys blitz or everyone drops back. of course he isnt going to get more then a couple sacks when he is just being used as a hitting dummy. He wasn't whinning he is saying what the facts are and thats why we never make it buy the good teams in the end. Coyer = MORON

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by ClarettFanOSU
                  trevor is right, our defense is real simple either 9 guys blitz or everyone drops back. of course he isnt going to get more then a couple sacks when he is just being used as a hitting dummy. He wasn't whinning he is saying what the facts are and thats why we never make it buy the good teams in the end. Coyer = MORON
                  Sorry but I disagree...

                  The scheme has not changed Trevor has changed. Trevor is getting older, has had back problems, loves his music more then football, and now is whining and not being a "stand-up" person to the media.

                  Bottom line Trevor has lost the speed to get to the quarterback. If he plays DE for the Ravens I want to see how much better he gets over the next few years. Not just next year but the next few years, because I believe his best years have passed him by. With the back problems and lack of speed I don't see Trevor doing much in the DE position.

                  On the other hand if he goes back to the DT he could have a chance to make his carreer better. Yet he did not want to be a DT at Denver, I cannot see why he would like it in Baltimore.
                  Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by theshiverman
                    Well what do you think he would do? The Broncos Dissed Pryce by cutting him
                    I don't think they dissed him by cutting him i think he deserved it he's definetly not worth what he wanted. And if he was a role player type of guy then he would have much more maturity than to diss the broncos like they say he did. so imho he isn't denver material.



                    "Little Pads. Big Hits. Huge heart." - tnedator

                    This play is the reason I'm a DENVER BRONCOS fan

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Tommy S.
                      I don't think they dissed him by cutting him i think he deserved it he's definetly not worth what he wanted. And if he was a role player type of guy then he would have much more maturity than to diss the broncos like they say he did. so imho he isn't denver material.


                      he wasn't dissing the broncos. all he did was state his opinion on how the denver defense works which is not a dis
                      the space that is mine



                      We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        How True !!!!!!!!!!!!

                        Originally posted by tpryce93
                        he wasn't dissing the broncos. all he did was state his opinion on how the denver defense works which is not a dis
                        NOW ALL OF THESE GUYS WERE CALLING FOR COYERS HEAD BECAUSE OF HIS DEFENSE SAYING IT WAS TOO PLAIN . NOW TREVOR SAYS BASICALLY THE SAME THING ABOUT THE DEFENSE AND YOU GUYS DISS HIM BECAUSE OF THAT. I GUESS THE TRUTH HURTS. DAMN PEOPLE HE GOT MORE SACKS BEFORE COYER TOOK OVER.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X