X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos currently at $90.2 million

Broncos | Team has approximately $4.5 million left for signings
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:41:27 -0800

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos have about $4.57 million left in workable salary cap space to sign a front-line free agent. The team currently sits at $90.2 million against the $102 million salary cap. That includes the team's recent re-signings of RB Ron Dayne, DL Gerard Warren, and TE Mike Leach. The team will need to make sure there is space to sign players they pick on draft day.

Do rookies really cost that much.... i never knew we had to save over 7 million for the draft
    Please get Mario Williams!!!!!!!!

No, rookies don't cost that much. At least I don't think they do...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
      It's getting worse by the year.
      sigpic

Comment

yeah i would think we would have about 7 million to spend not 4.5 but im not an expert so maybe rookies do cost that much

Comment

Having two 1st round picks doesn't help.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elwayfan805
            yeah i would think we would have about 7 million to spend not 4.5 but im not an expert so maybe rookies do cost that much
            Don't listen to that -- we have 5 or 6 million
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jim
              Having two 1st round picks doesn't help.
              o yeah i didnt think about that...........rookies are making way to much now that Alex Smith deal last year was ridiculous (especially for 1 TD pass and 11 INT)

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                Don't listen to that -- we have 5 or 6 million
                We could do alot more with 6 mil...... i read that Brees is only a 2 mil cap hit for 2006 and his was a 6 year 60 mil contract we might even be able to get T.O and Abraham

Comment

Originally posted by elwayfan805
                  We could do alot more with 6 mil...... i read that Brees is only a 2 mil cap hit for 2006 and his was a 6 year 60 mil contract we might even be able to get T.O and Abraham
                  Sorry, but you read wrong!
                  It's $10million, and a one year deal, in reality.
                  Next year, he'll cost 'em $12million.

Is he really THAT much better than Jake?
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                    Sorry, but you read wrong!
                    It's $10million, and a one year deal, in reality.
                    Next year, he'll cost 'em $12million.

Is he really THAT much better than Jake?

i dont think either side expects he will see that $12m.
                    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/dr...4537157,00.html
                      here is the quote from the actual article.
                      .....Having entered free agency Friday night at about $90.2 million against the $102 million salary cap, the Broncos have significantly less room after re-signing defensive tackle Gerard Warren, running back Ron Dayne and tight end/long snapper Mike Leach over the weekend.
                      ************************************************** ***********************************************
                      The Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News report different available $$ amounts. I'm still waiting to see the contract terms for Warren, Dayne, and Leach, but it's important to understand that the $90.2 mil. total was BEFORE those 3 signings, not after. It doesn't take $7 mil. for the draft picks. I can't recall the exact source for a link..... but one of the recent articles I read on being under the salary cap that by draft day the NFL rookie minimum X the number of draft picks is the amount each team has to be under the salary cap. I'll post that link if I run across it again...... so don't treat it as "verified" information....just something to think about.
                      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco

From where the Broncos usually pick they don't cost as much.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

We seriously need to package up some of these picks and make a trade so we don't have to pay so many of them. What do we have? 9. Get it down to 5-6 picks in my mind. Keep the 22, a second and 3rd and and 5th then start trading all the others. Save a little money and go after a few vets that can help immediattly. Get JA by trading the 29th and Possibly Lelie to the Jets. Get TO. Draft Chad Jackson so he can learn quickly from two pro bowl receivers. Chad Jackson or the others can fill that 3rd spot. I know some think trading Lelie is crazy, but he really isn't THAT good.

Comment

Working...
                          X