Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver signs FA LB Nate Webster

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
    Maybe someday, if I'm really, really good, I can have all the wisdom you display on these boards......

    Whoa.... (gets back in chair)

    Sorry, I fell out of my chair laughing at what I just said.

    Get over yourself, dude!!

    I have an OPINION and so do YOU. That's all....

    My OPINION of Chucky is based on the fact that he's been healthy and contributing to the team he played for over the past two years. Webster can't say that.

    Maybe it will work out, maybe it won't....

    Time will tell.
    Somebody's got to stand up for St. Chuk . . .







    -----

    Comment


    • #47
      I'm happy we signed Nate. I hope he can contribute to the team and provide some much needed depth to our very thin backup LB core. I'm also wondering why everybody's talking about Chuk like hes gone already. Before we start debating on Nate vs Chuk can we lose Chuk in FA 1st? For all we know Chuk might come back to denver for the pebbles because we're a few pieces away from a super bowl.
      sigpic
      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
        Am I supposed to be excited about a player who spent all his time in CINCY on IR, replacing a beast like Chucky?

        Looks like we are in "economy" mode again. Shanny's out there looking for the next "Browncos" deal.

        What a waste.
        Actually I think the "Browncos" deal worked out quite well..

        It gave us a better D Line even though we did now see many sacks, there was a lot more pressure then the year before...

        Nate will give us depth. What I have read he can play all three positions...

        Biggest question what does this mean to DJ Williams? Is he still in Shanahan's doghouse...

        Is Nate going to be fighting for Williams' position?
        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by broncos4ever
          Actually I think the "Browncos" deal worked out quite well..

          It gave us a better D Line even though we did now see many sacks, there was a lot more pressure then the year before...

          Nate will give us depth. What I have read he can play all three positions...

          Biggest question what does this mean to DJ Williams? Is he still in Shanahan's doghouse...

          Is Nate going to be fighting for Williams' position?

          i dont know, you kind of bring up a good point. i like dj. think he has played great for us. but i have no problems admitting he hasnt made a lot of 'big' plays for us. he is very fast and a sure tackler and i like having him on our team, but he doesnt get many sacks, ff, or picks.

          dj probably has some value for a team in need of a linebacker. if someone made a great offer for him, or he was the sticking point in a deal (think schaub) i think shanny would be willing to move him.

          but it would have to be the kind of deal that knocks my socks off. dj is a good linebacker who should only get better. people talk about him now being a sam backer, but with his rookie contract, he really only is getting sam money. and webster has only played 4 games the last 2 years. since he is our lb debth, we would then have to bring in another solid backer in case webster went down again.

          i wouldnt cry if dj got moved, but it would have to be a good deal. but i dont see it happening.
          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


          "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by bcbronc
            i dont know, you kind of bring up a good point. i like dj. think he has played great for us. but i have no problems admitting he hasnt made a lot of 'big' plays for us. he is very fast and a sure tackler and i like having him on our team, but he doesnt get many sacks, ff, or picks.

            dj probably has some value for a team in need of a linebacker. if someone made a great offer for him, or he was the sticking point in a deal (think schaub) i think shanny would be willing to move him.

            but it would have to be the kind of deal that knocks my socks off. dj is a good linebacker who should only get better. people talk about him now being a sam backer, but with his rookie contract, he really only is getting sam money. and webster has only played 4 games the last 2 years. since he is our lb debth, we would then have to bring in another solid backer in case webster went down again.

            i wouldnt cry if dj got moved, but it would have to be a good deal. but i dont see it happening.
            \

            Actually I see DJ as draft day trade bait... He actually could be part of a deal, we will have to see... I know that it has been documented that Shanhan is not happy with him...

            I will try to find the link to this, but I know that I have read this in the news.
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by broncos4ever
              \

              Actually I see DJ as draft day trade bait... He actually could be part of a deal, we will have to see... I know that it has been documented that Shanhan is not happy with him...

              I will try to find the link to this, but I know that I have read this in the news.
              well if that is the case, and atlanta did dangle their 2nd and schaub, i wonder how the jets would feel about 29 and vilma's old running mate?

              but we would definately then need to sign another veteran backer. i dont know if it was serious, but i thought i saw a post a couple of days ago that the broncos were talking to chad brown again.
              "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


              "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




              Comment


              • #52
                Good signing. This guy has great potential he was just injured and is considered to be a top back up and LB, able to play both inside and outside. Its good depth and he will make our special teams better.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by bcbronc
                  well if that is the case, and atlanta did dangle their 2nd and schaub, i wonder how the jets would feel about 29 and vilma's old running mate?

                  but we would definately then need to sign another veteran backer. i dont know if it was serious, but i thought i saw a post a couple of days ago that the broncos were talking to chad brown again.
                  From what I can find DJ has been in jail at least twice and Shanahan really does not like that kind of publicity... He also has been more expendable since we have Ian Gold. It will be interesting to see what position Nate is going to backup on the Depth Chart... If he takes Patrick's place then that will be one step closer to replacing DJ. This will be interesting...
                  Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by broncos4ever
                    Actually I see DJ as draft day trade bait... He actually could be part of a deal, we will have to see... I know that it has been documented that Shanhan is not happy with him...

                    I will try to find the link to this, but I know that I have read this in the news.
                    So, what your saying is....

                    ANOTHER SHANNY FIRST ROUND BUST!!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                      So, what your saying is....

                      ANOTHER SHANNY FIRST ROUND BUST!!





                      "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


                      "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




                      Comment


                      • #56
                        good

                        well all u people are critizing nate webster i think he would be way better than option number 2 which is draftin a linebacker which he would take sum time to at least be half decent....and all u people talkin bout injuries and checkin before u post a thread..... SHUT THE HECK UP U ANNOY ME
                        "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X