Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You think Plummer is working hard enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think Plummer is working hard enough?

I know guys like Manning and Palmer are studying non-stop. Putting in extra work in the offseason. Trying to get better EVERYDAY.

Do you think Plummer is doing this?

My impression is that he's not. I get the feeling that he just wants to get away from football when it's the offseason. I don't know. Am I wrong about this?

Also last season, he put up some decent numbers but it was clear that he wasn't playing to win.

He was playing NOT to lose.

I'm sorry but that's not how you win Championships.

Now I know what your going to say

"But if we let Plummer play to win, then he's going to throw more picks!"

Maybe.

Probably.

I just wondering if Plummer is going to see this as less of a game and more as a job.

And by Job I mean a job that you hate to go to everyday.

We all know what kind of microscope he's under.

And frankly, if I got even half the backlash he's gotten, I would have totally flipped out by now.

I'm suprised he's still holding it together.

Ummm . . . for a QB who wasn't playing to win, but was playing not to lose, Jake led his team to 14 wins and 4 losses. Not bad for such a timid QB, is it?

I don't know what he's doing this off season, but he worked his butt of last year. That was documented. (And it showed.)

-----

Comment

nope...

Plummer cannot get any better...

Only thing we can do is continue to make the offence easier for him .

Don't get me wrong....Plummer is a one cool dude....he has a beard, a hot girlfriend, and a knack for underthrowing Lelie.

Eli and Palmer don't have beards
      sigpic

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
        Ummm . . . for a QB who wasn't playing to win, but was playing not to lose, Jake led his team to 14 wins and 4 losses. Not bad for such a trepidatious QB, is it?

I don't know what he's doing this off season, but he worked his butt of last year. That was documented. (And it showed.)

-----

Playing not to lose can make the stats look better, but it won't win you Championships.

Hate to sound cliche but if you want to win the big games, you have to be willing to risk it all!!

I didn't know how extensivly he worked last offseason.

I know Shanny and Kube made him look at all the plays he made the previous year. I didn't know he worked (on his own) any much more than that.

Comment

there are some players you constanly hear referred to as 'a student of the game'. mannings probably the most obvious. i hear that mentioned about rod smith quite a bit. but i cant say i have ever heard it about plummer (yes there is also 500 other players i have not heard it about, i realize that).

it has been well documented that he and kubiak broke down every pass he made last offseason. and it showed on the field. people can say all they want about a simplified playbook, but jake made better decisions. i think back to that TD pass he threw to kj. he made more checkoffs on that one pass than he did his whole career in arizona. imo, the extra film work definately paid off.

so maybe there is something to jake not working hard enough in the offseason. although that doesnt sound right. im sure he has a training program that he sticks to. and i would think he gives 100% to the physical aspect. im more talking about the mental aspect. watching game film on his own. i tend to agree with tdk that i dont see jake as the kind of guy that locks himself up in the house and repours over old game tapes. hopefully he remembers how much it benefited him this past season and that instills a desire to break the film out regularily over the next few months.
          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
            Playing not to lose can make the stats look better, but it won't win you Championships.

Hate to sound cliche but if you want to win the big games, you have to be willing to risk it all!!

I didn't know how extensivly he worked last offseason.

I know Shanny and Kube made him look at all the plays he made the previous year. I didn't know he worked (on his own) any much more than that.
            By what the other players were saying during pre-season, Jake strives to become better, that is why he threw less picks this year. So technically he wasnt playing not to lose, but rather he was merely getting better. He finally learned he doesn't need to be a Manning or Palmer to win, he can rely on his teammates to pull their own.

We all saw what could happen when he puts everything on the line. He broke the yardage record for a bronco, yet we still lost earlier on in the playoffs. He is getting better every year, and I'm definately excited to see what he can do next year.

Comment

A quarterback does not on one season throw a huge amount of interceptions and look terrible with it and then the next season almost break the no interception per game stat without a lot of off season work.

It was well documented the Jake was spending a lot more time with Lelie in the off season throwing passes to him.

I do not have any documentation on how he works in the off season but I bet it is out there...
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by IrishConrad
                Plummer cannot get any better...

Only thing we can do is continue to make the offence easier for him .

Don't get me wrong....Plummer is a one cool dude....he has a beard, a hot girlfriend, and a knack for underthrowing Lelie.

Eli and Palmer don't have beards
                Wait a second... How do you know Shanahan made the offense easier for Jake? Do you know the playbook? Has this ever been documented? Did Shanahan say this in a press conference? Or is this your own opinion?

I would like to see some proof for this statement..
                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Jake has been a QB since he was a little boy, used to invent quarterback challenges with his brothers. I believe he's also won a couple NFL quarterback challenges. I'm sure as the game of football progresses, so does Jake. The Denver fans are an EXTREMELY hard bunch to please. And the pressure on him is immense. Do you go on vacation? after your vacation, do you not feel revamped, and ready to take on the daily grind of work again? If Jake wants to use the off-season to "get away" from the stress of being a Broncos QB for a short while, it's his off-season. That said...I'm sure Jake knows whats at stake, and is busting his butt.

Comment

Plummer did not play not to lose football, he did exactly what Shanahan has taught him to do. You really want to fault a guy for playing how the coach has told him to play?

I remember reading a lot of articles last year noting that Plummer was putting a lot of time training and studying. Consequently it led to one of his best seasons and helped lead the Broncos to the AFC Title game.

BTW, how did Ben Roethlesburger win a championship? Cower manages his play style just like Shanahan manages Plummers.
                    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Not trying to diss Plummer but I really doubt he works like Peyton Manning. He doesn't seem to study defenses enough and things of that sort.
                      MMA News
                      MMA News 247

Comment

Shanny said Plummer worked on his game all offseason. That means film and studying. I'm sure that includes time by himself. Plummer said he worked all off season.

I'm sure there is a period of rest. It is said that Manning worked all off season last year. It showed but he didn't get a Championship either.

Players don't have to work during the off season. They actually need the rest. However, they should put together some kind of off season program so they can improve on their game.
                        Emancipate your mind!
                        The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                          Shanny said Plummer worked on his game all offseason. That means film and studying. I'm sure that includes time by himself. Plummer said he worked all off season.

I'm sure there is a period of rest. It is said that Manning worked all off season last year. It showed but he didn't get a Championship either.

Players don't have to work during the off season. They actually need the rest. However, they should put together some kind of off season program so they can improve on their game.

What you also have to remember is that Manning is a Tony Gwynn or Marshall Faulk freak type person when it comes to natural ability to analyze and break down film, and then put it to practical use. I could watch just as much film as those guys, but even I had the same physical skills, there is no guarantee that I could recall exactly the information I needed in a given situation. That's a gift.

So, while I am sure every QB in the NFL studies film and works hard all year round, there are very few who can instantly recall what they have seen and expect it or recognize it instantly on the field, and who also have the physical ability to do whatever they want to do with the ball through the air.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                          You should check these guys out

Comment

What has Peyton Manning done that Jake Plummer hasn't? Neither have won an AFC Championship. Neither have won a Super Bowl. Manning may have better statisticws but the bottom line in this game is Wins and Losses. If we are going to compare Jake to Peyton then we need to remember what team they are on. When Jake was in Arizona he did a good job for the talent around him. Peyton has always had talent around him. Jake works hard and I am glad we have him. He is mobile and he can throw the deep ball. He isn't Elway but he is a good QB.
                            Broncos fans since age 6.
                            Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
                            Favorite Player: John Elway
                            Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

Comment

I think plummer is up in the mountains, chopping wood.
                              "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                              X