Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You think Plummer is working hard enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gobroncsnv
    I don't know what Jake does with his down time, any more than anyone else on this board. But his personality and approach to the team aspects of the game just don't lead me to think it's all caviar wishes and champagne dreams for the guy. He strikes me as one who knows how to back away, refocus on the big picture, and come back ready to go after it again. I can't imagine what it would be like to break down every pass play, reviewing every option against all of the coverages. That is what separates these guys from the rest of us. Playing at this level is much more demanding than some give credit for.
    My overall take is this... If we see the same level of improvement this next year that he had from the last season over the previous one... well, how hard is it to finish this sentence, especially if the rest of the team can make the same kind of strides....

Finally, the better post of this thread. Let Jake gather his thoughts , enjoy life a little and spring training will be here before we know it. I hope he does good next year, because time is running out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado69
      Jake bashing opportunity for the lost soul mtn-boy. I'll bet you can't sleep until you enter at least one negative post about Jake. What a sad situation when you can't accept the fact that one of the brightest offensive minds to ever work in the NFL says Jake is a good QB.
      Yeah, this same offensive mind once said the same thing about Griese.

Greatness is measured in wins.
      I guess that means St. Jake isn't all that great as a playoff QB, doesn't it?

The team record after Jake's arrival is one of the best in the NFL. Jake is the type of QB required for this offense to work. The team wins and loses as a team.
      Yep one of the best regular season records in the NFL (as a team). Unfortunately, one of the worst playoff records too.

Your dislike of Jake has turned into a joke, and the joke is on you. Shannahan will get rid of you before he gets rid of Jake.
      Your accusations have turned into a bigger joke. As far as Shanny getting rid of me, that doesn't even make sense.

What will be your comment after the Broncos win the Super Bowl? How do you want your crow cooked? This is fun, as you are as easy a target as MUG (oops, that has changed to GUM). Go Broncos!!!
      I'll be pretty happy. DUH!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado69
        Jake bashing opportunity for the lost soul mtn-boy.

to be fair to mtn_man, he didnt even enter this thread until post 32. he neither started it nor kept it going. and the original question is a fair one. mtn_man has just as much right to voice his opinion as you or i do. sure we all know what it is, but he's hardly the only poster that repeats himself. just the most obvious .

and i dont know about you taking pot shots at mug, considering he hasnt even posted in this thread. im sure you can find one he has posted in if you want to sling barbs at him. only seems fair.
        "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
          if his lack of timeing with lelieis a clue, i'd say not too much

i think these two should definately spend some time together this summer. im not talking the whole summer, but getting together a few weeks before camp and developing some timing and chemistry. maybe go over some missed oportunities on game film. i think it showed in the pittsburg game that lelie is going to have to play a bigger role in the offense next season.
          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
            you disagree with jakes statement? you dont think there are things more important than football?

and from what i have seen of jake, he hardley comes across as the kind of guy who wastes time wallowing in self-pity.

hopefully jake saw how much the off-season film work paid off for him this season, and realizing how close this team is, it will drive him to do even more this summer.

Point on BC....Since everyone else on here seems to know jakes every move, I guess I will play along also.

Sincs I KNOW Jake ( not really but want to make it sound like I do like all of the know-it-alls on this thread) he is sleeping 18 hours a day and has gained 47 pounds since the loss to Pitt. He is wallowing on the couch every day crying in his and wondering to himself if he can ever live up to all of the expectations of being a Bronco QB. Several times this off season he has called SHanahan to retire, but Mike talked him out of it.

The Abraham/Lewis/TO threads are all dying down now that they have all signed with other teams, so lets all pile on Jake anyway we can....start bashing his offseason routine since he obviously did nothing for this team last year.....

Bogus!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X