mike anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike anderson

Got it from the Chiefs board who got it from another Bronco board who got it from Channel 7.

Just looking for confirmation...

Mike Anderson out 4 weeks for substance abuse?
    Last edited by Mer; 11-11-2003, 01:49 AM.

Re: Anderson out?

Originally posted by Mer
    Got it from the Chiefs board who got it from another Bronco board who got it from Channel 7.

Man I hope not. While it wouldn't be the a horrible blow it would still suck.

Mer, you're a Chiefs' fan, right? You're not just yanking our chains are you?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Sorry to spam another board, but it's a Broncos board so you shouldn't mind... http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...?threadid=7301
      Last edited by Mer; 11-10-2003, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mer
        Okay, well you don't accept PM's so I can't.

Sorry to spam another board, but it's a Broncos board so you shouldn't mind... http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...?threadid=7301
        Thanks for the link, Mer. I hope you don't enjoy being the bearer of bide tidings too much.
        ------

Comment

Re: Anderson out?

Originally posted by Mer

I would think a Marine would know better
          BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Comment

Re: Re: Anderson out?

Originally posted by BroncoCy
            I would think a Marine would know better
            I'm just hoping it's one of those "accidental" uses of banned substances in a dietary supplement that "didn't list it on the label."
            ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
              Thanks for the link, Mer. I hope you don't enjoy being the bearer of bide tidings too much.
              Nah. Rumors just fly around the Internet quicker than STD's do at a strip club. Was hoping someone ELSE had seen the news, since I can't find a confirmation anywhere else.

I'm a SWEET Chiefs fan dammit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mer
                Nah. Rumors just fly around the Internet quicker than STD's do at a strip club. Was hoping someone ELSE had seen the news, since I can't find a confirmation anywhere else.

I'm a SWEET Chiefs fan dammit.
                Heh, nice analogy.

You might be a Chiefs fan but you seem cool in spite of that.

'Night.
                ------

Comment

Originally posted by Mer

It has not hit the news wire yet. I looked on Google. Nothing there. According to the source on the Orange Mane, it said Channel 7 news said this. I checked the Channel 7 website and also Google for news on Mike Anderson.

I hope this is just a rumor and at this time I will treat it as such. I have not found any confirmation in my checking at this time.
                  Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

OUCH...

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...419040,00.html

One of you didn't do your painted orange, naked, Broncos war dance to the football Gods this year.

Comment

Okay. I hate Denver. And I have a hard time feeling sympathy when a player chooses to take the risk of pissing away their year.

But doesn't it seem really stupid that a league that pumps their players to the brim with painkillers and all sorts of narcotics... Would suspend someone for having such a low amount of marijuana in their system???

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...758303,00.html

"I'm very saddened by the decision made by the NFL," Anderson said Monday. "I know this has a tremendous negative impact on my team, my coaches, my family and fans. I tested positive for marijuana use at a level that was so low, it would have been deemed a negative test by the state of Colorado.

Comment

Marijuana, if anything else, is definitely not a performance boosting drug. When they said substance abuse, I thought they ment roids or something. But suspending him for pot? Thats just lame. This is the league after Shanahan for all the stunts he pulled earlier this year with the injury report and the jersey thing in San Diego.

Thats just kind of lame. What kind of squares are those NFL suits?

Comment

I wonder how long it'll take for the Bronco fans to accuse Dlck Vermeil of buying the pot for Anderson?

www.pothead.com

DV at Mike Anderson's trailer: (inhales).......'ere, Mike
                          Mike: (inhales....coughs) dis is good shii
                          DV: Look at the time, I gotta go Mike
                          Mike: aight

2 minutes later:

knock knock knock

The Pissman: Come out with your hands up, Pothead.

DV: (thinking to himself as he drives to McDonalds to buy some Big Macs from Mr. Frycookin Porta-A-Potty): We got lucky yet AGAIN!

The Pissman: (calls Ratfaced Shanahan on his cell phone) GO CHIEFS...ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!

Ratfaced Shanahan: uh-huh-huh-huh...that'd be cool. You said "bowl."
                          Last edited by NYCHIEFSFAN; 11-11-2003, 03:42 AM.

Comment

This is sad. Second-hand smoke or not and Mike knew it could be a problem before hand according to Reuben.

"Oh, no, are you serious?" Broncos fullback Reuben Droughns said when he learned of Anderson's suspension. "That's not good, man. You don't ever want to see something like that happen to a good friend of yours.

"But Mike had mentioned to me that this was a possibility. He told me to be ready just in case. With me, I'd just kept thinking they were putting it back so long, I thought it wouldn't come down to next year. But anytime a guy goes down, you have to be ready to step up. There's no choice."

Like it or not. These Denver Broncos are put in front of our kids as role models. Marijuana is known a drug at this time and we get commercials from athletes not to take drugs. This really sets back the kids that are looking up to him. Second-hand smoke means that he was with those that were smoking and inhaled enough of it to get the substance in his body.

This is more serious to me than Gardner punching a citizen in a fight.

My son looks up to Mike Anderson and I will need to talk to him and let him know Mike made a mistake. He has his picture on his door with Mikes autograph on it.
                            What do you all think? Whether you smoke or not, should not Mike Anderson be a better role model for kids???
                            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

He is certainly not a guy I thought would have ever been in this kind of situation. Not that I know him personally or his family for that matter, or the circumstances that exposed him to the situation (second hand or not), but he seemed to be a guy on the upper level of smart and appropriate attitude and discipline.

I am not a pothead but I do feel the legal situation and how we are currently dealing with controlled substances is completely BS. Our representatives are either naive or they know the power of having a soapbox issue. By keeping mj illegal and waging the war on drugs our government is keeping the poeple who run the illegal drug trade rich. Some of this can also be attributed to the heavy influence of the Pharmaceutical lobby. How much Insomnia meds can you sell to a guy rolling his own naptime tea. Too big a topic and the wrong forum,

I do hope Mike was not out hitting the fat blunts and it is just a case of wrong place at the wrong time.
                              Do you know where a fella can get a rub and a tug round here?

Comment

Working...
                              X