Broncos Sign Kenard Lang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vicious2500
    Well at least we know we'll have 2 edge rushers, well three if you count Engleberger. I hope Shanahan & Ted do not neglect the DE position in the 1st day or we're in big trouble. I'd prefer they go after a DE with out 1st pick or get a DT with our 1st pick of the draft.
    Guess it really don't matter like pryce said earlier in the week its either blitz 8 or drop 10 so defense lineman aren't going to make that big of an impact. Wait and see what Pryce does in a defense where he wont be used like a hitting dummy every play we aren't blitzing

Comment

Originally posted by ClarettFanOSU
      Guess it really don't matter like pryce said earlier in the week its either blitz 8 or drop 10 so defense lineman aren't going to make that big of an impact. Wait and see what Pryce does in a defense where he wont be used like a hitting dummy every play we aren't blitzing
      Well the problem with last year was we had to power ends playing the DE spots. That means well be brillant vs the run and horrible vs the pass. Without the proper pieces on the D-line we weren't about to run a 4-3 speed defense and were stuck running a crappy 4-3 power defense. We saw the end results of this sending the house with the blitz all game long. I'm glad Pyrce is going he willn't do much with the Ravens and was being overpaid here.

I'd rather have Lang at the RDE spot than Pyrce who is a LDE. Now we'll have somebody to give us a better chance at forcing the QB back into the inside and into one of our power guys, Warren/Brown. There sack totals should rise a bit. We should have more sakcs than last year and we'll be able to play more coverage than send the house to accomdate for bad personel on the d-line.

As long as we address the D-line further in the draft on the 1st day we'll be fine. The draft is key for the D-line success in the present and future.
      sigpic
      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Working...
      X