We need to commit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to commit

We need to commit to one certain RB and let him develop. How many people are there who has this driving them nuts. Err not nuts but disagreeing with this. I don't like rotating backs either. We should just commit to one man. Who agrees with this?

If you want to commit to one RB who do you want it to be?

I of course want T-Bell. I think he can develop very well and has lots of unleashed potential.
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

obvisously will see this upcoming season....the 2 things bell has to improve is blocking n running between the tackles getting those tough 2-3 yards...

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
      We need to commit to one certain RB and let him develop. How many people are there who has this driving them nuts. Err not nuts but disagreeing with this. I don't like rotating backs either. We should just commit to one man. Who agrees with this?

I of course want T-Bell. I think he can develop very well and has lots of unleashed potential.
      I, too, want a single back that can take the load the whole game, and the whole season, and could be a franchise back for us.

I don't care WHO it is, I just want that kind of back
      sigpic

Comment

Bell also has extremely average if not bad hands. With his speed if he would develop his ball catching skill he would be a real threat (a la clinton portis) but the guy just seems to be one dimensional. In this league you're one dimensional you get hurt .
        Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2

yep bell showed alot of his unleashed potential when he missed so many blocks and dropped the screen passes
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I say give it to Ron Dayne. The dude won the Heisman and showed flashes of brilliance almost every time he touched the ball for us. He could develop great while we build our reciever core.

The committee approach was used solely for the benefit of Mike Anderson I think, we never used it before (unless our RB was injured, such as Griffin but then we never went back to him, we stuck it out with Droughns who played great).

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSteele
              I say give it to Ron Dayne. The dude won the Heisman and showed flashes of brilliance almost every time he touched the ball for us. He could develop great while we build our reciever core.

The committee approach was used solely for the benefit of Mike Anderson I think, we never used it before (unless our RB was injured, such as Griffin but then we never went back to him, we stuck it out with Droughns who played great).

I think evern more than the fact that he won the heisman. The guy is a workhorse. Tatum has never shown the ability to be a work horse. Thats why he lost the job to droughns and anderson this past year. I think dayne will be just fine . He isnt the fastest guys but he runs hard and smart. He can run it inside and out.
              Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Originally posted by Aija
                I think evern more than the fact that he won the heisman. The guy is a workhorse. Tatum has never shown the ability to be a work horse. Thats why he lost the job to droughns and anderson this past year. I think dayne will be just fine . He isnt the fastest guys but he runs hard and smart. He can run it inside and out.
                I agree. Tatum doesn't work hard and seems to think it should be handed to him. Dayne has a lot to prove and plays with a chip on his shoulder. And he can bully the defense too.

Comment

I'd like Deangelo Williams, and realistically with all the free agent signings, it's quite possible.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                    I'd like Deangelo Williams, and realistically with all the free agent signings, it's quite possible.
                    I like him too . But I prefer Lendale White. The guy is a horse . I wouldnt be mad to see any of them in Bronco colors though.

Comment

I agree, either one of those guys would be great, I guess Dayne was more of a vote of what we have at this moment.

Comment

you know, i didn't realize cobbs was on teh practice squad. i watched tihs guy when he played for arkansas, and he was pretty good, he had a knee injury which slowed his talent, but f rom what i remember, he was still pretty good. maybe give another year on practice or maybe even 3rd rb, and he'll develop. IMO he's wayyy better than Cecil Sapp, then again, cecil is ntohing to brag about unless your'e talking about CSU haha. anyway. i believe shanahan has an undying want for a franchise back, just maybe he doesnt' see one out there yet. we'll get there.
                        sigpic

Comment

We really did not do bad though with the two back approach last year though... Mike A, over a 1000 and Tatum B. close to 1000, and of course if you throw in Ron Dayne we will be well over 2,000 yards for the season...

What is wrong with that? Dayne I think will take over where Mike A left off, but Tatum is so dangerous with all that speed... Two backs seem to work pretty good last year, why would it not this year??? If we could get some help in the wide receiver department and tight end, we would be dominate with our Defense as well as it played and not losing major contributors from last year.

I just soon stay with two backs unless one of the backs just is "heads and tails" above the other back...

We do not need to draft a high-profle running back, we need help in WR, TE, and DE.
                          Last edited by broncos4ever; 03-17-2006, 08:59 PM. Reason: Miss type
                          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever

I just soon stay with two backs unless one of the backs just is "heads and tails" above the other back...

We do not need to draft a high-profle running back, we need help in WR, TE, and DE.
                            I believe Shannahan already has his franchise back picked...it will be Dayne. Yeah, we'll let the training camp progressions do what they will. In the end, Dayne will take the reigns as # 1 RB, and he will do very well.

Comment

Yes stop switching running backs like switching underwear. Stick to one and make him a monster!

Comment

Working...
                              X